Pitching In

RedJessi

I recall there being a thread last year - attached to Silkie's hide I believe - where we could all post about what extras we could bring to help out. I looked, but didn't see the same for this year, so I figured I would make one as a catch all for people to post about items needed or that could be provided to help out with the encampment.

As I did last year, I can provide the large cooler/truck for ice as well as the wooden trash bin for the tables. I can also possibly provide an assortment of baskets - willow branch and hand woven - if I can pry them away form my mother's protective gaze.

Beyond that, I leaned how to roll charges at the Santa Maria event and can help with that this year!

UPDATES: 9-15-09

If ye need Garb - Michael Bagley and Rene La Gaffe may be able to help.

Foodstuffs needed for the Hide:

• Breads
  • Muffins
  • Dried Fruit
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Cheese(s)
  • Nuts
  • Fruits

Edited by RedJessi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my end,

I have a set of two of extra garb I can loan if there is anyone who needs it. The items I have for loan are all my size (34"-36" waist, 42"-44" chest, and made for a 5'10" tall person, although they will likely fit someone an inch or two taller or shorter).

I'll likely be doing the Red Coat thing all weekend, so it will be my pirate garb, and if I am lucky, I may have an extra Red Coat in the same size to loan (this depends on my finishing my new coat by then).

Edit - Just as an FYI, by extra loaner garb... I mean the main pieces like, coat, waistcoat and breeches... If there is a loan-ee out there thinking of taking me up on this, they would need their own hat, stockings, shoes, and preferably a shirt (although I would loan a shirt if the absolute need was there).

I also have an extra pistol I can loan... The loan of the pistol is completely based on the borrower cleaning and maintaining it daily, every day.

I will also ship or send the stuff with someone should I not be able to come myself (although it is looking good for my being able to come).

Michael_banner.jpg

I'll be carrying along an extra tent to PiP for anyone who needs it. It's a small 6x8 wedge with all poles and stakes. You would still need to bring your own bedding though...

(EDIT - I believe Mr Red Wake may have someone in mind for the tent.)

Edited by Iron Jon

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I'll be carrying along an extra tent to PiP for anyone who needs it. It's a small 6x8 wedge with all poles and stakes. You would still need to bring your own bedding though...

We have need of it for a few crew members of the Mercury, so I'll claim it on their behalf. Thank you, Jon. We'll see it carefully used and returned to you there.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

If anyone has supplies that can wait until Friday, they can ship them to me in West Palm and I could bring them when I drive in. I am trying to figure out how to get there as early as I can, but coming off a 2+ week vacation that very same week, I can't push my luck.

I will also have a bit of clothing to lend, as it is i have two outfitts to loan out, while im wearing the other(including stockings, hats, neckwear etc.) and ill have more then, the only things i dont have more of are sho......oh, nvmd i forgot i do have an extra pair, size 11, though they are modified and not 100% accurate(but that look the part qquiitee a bit). I also have extra bags and a few things.....good lord i didnt realize how much stuff i had brought/made.....its a shame......if anyone need stuff they are welcome to it!

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Just a head's up on The Hide. This year the Hide will not be providing meals as it did last year. The Hide will be open during the day for folks to congregate and of course at night for after hours gathering. There will be a pot luck dessert on Friday at the Hide after the main meal Friday Dessert Thread And the Hide will be reserved for the Wedding Saturday evening.

There will be a large fire pit at the Hide for any folks that need the use of one. Still waiting to hear back from the powers that be regarding fire wood, whether or not crews will need to bring their own or not...as there can be an issue with importing fire wood from out of state. So whether or not the park service will be providing the wood, is still up in the air as of this date.

As the crews are on their own for dinner prior to Friday night and morning meals, crews do need to think about organizing breakfast for themselves and dinner for anyone arriving prior to Friday. Still waiting to hear back on lunches as well.

So start planning yer morning meals and remember crews will need to bring their cook gear as well.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thanks Cap, I needed to post that some place but never got around to it. I never left the place last year and I want to play this year.

Remember that ALL are welcome to populate The Hide at ANY given time. I hope that there is some lively discussion of "current" events, play some games, gamble and argue. The only restriction is that you can not drink alcohol while the event is open to the public.

Last year a generous friend provided nuts, cheese, dried fruit etc. I do not want to put that on anyone and I can not take that on myself. Any and all foods would be welcome for all. Below are some suggestions.

• Breads
  • Muffins
  • Dried Fruit
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Cheese(s)
  • Nuts
  • Fruits
  • Drink mix

If you have any other suggestions please make them. Since these are to be used for snacking during the day please be sure that once out of the packaging they look HA (Historically Accurate)

If you will be bringing anything please let us know what it may be so that we don't have 40 loaves of banana bread. ;)

I will have trays & bowls for serving so you don't have to worry about that.

If anyone could bring pictures or bottles that would be great.

Silas and Family will not be there this year :P That alone is enough to make me frown. To make it worse they will not be providing the wagon or making the run for refreshment. If anyone can provide a wagon that would be great. I would also ask that everyone take a turn and refill at least one water jug while at the fort that weekend. Everyone can drink I request that everyone help with the work.

Thanks All

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Just a head's up on The Hide. This year the Hide will not be providing meals as it did last year. The Hide will be open during the day for folks to congregate and of course at night for after hours gathering. There will be a pot luck dessert on Friday at the Hide after the main meal Friday Dessert Thread And the Hide will be reserved for the Wedding Saturday evening.

There will be a large fire pit at the Hide for any folks that need the use of one. Still waiting to hear back from the powers that be regarding fire wood, whether or not crews will need to bring their own or not...as there can be an issue with importing fire wood from out of state. So whether or not the park service will be providing the wood, is still up in the air as of this date.

As the crews are on their own for dinner prior to Friday night and morning meals, crews do need to think about organizing breakfast for themselves and dinner for anyone arriving prior to Friday. Still waiting to hear back on lunches as well.

So start planning yer morning meals and remember crews will need to bring their cook gear as well.

I will keep my eyes open for wood here locally, there is a very good chance I will find a good amount that has been cut and is waiting to be cleared. I can't guarantee how dry it will be but the sooner I find it the sooner I can start it drying.

id.jpg

Remember that ALL are welcome to populate The Hide at ANY given time.

Well almost any given time... it will be used for the Wedding Saturday night...they might want folks out of the way to set up in there...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

1. I can certainly come in with some fresh supplies Friday night when I arrive. I'll e in touch with a few pyrates via phone, so if anything is needed last minute, I can likely cover it.

2. Food will certainly be a part of what I'm bringing - and I'll look into what I can do to transport extra water.

3. WEDDING?! Who's gettin' hitched? What did I miss???

His name is Buckminster.

This is in addition to Bucky and Becky? Or is this actually Bucky's full nom de plume?

Buckminster is a separate entity unto himself. Bucky is currently at the fort, where he resides. Becky is at Michael's house in the extra bedroom, where she scares guests. Buckminster is my sole remaining skeleton.

BTW, I am just goofing around with those posts. (I don't really have a reason why.) Iron John asked me if I am trying to sell my last skeleton, which I am not. So I will stop being a pest in here. :P

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hmmmm maybe you should concentrate on getting yourself some eating utensils unless you plan gnawing on Bucky's remains to sustain yourself....

Crewe of the Archangel

His name is Buckminster.

This is in addition to Bucky and Becky? Or is this actually Bucky's full nom de plume?

Buckminster is a separate entity unto himself. Bucky is currently at the fort, where he resides. Becky is at Michael's house in the extra bedroom, where she scares guests. Buckminster is my sole remaining skeleton.

BTW, I am just goofing around with those posts. (I don't really have a reason why.) Iron John asked me if I am trying to sell my last skeleton, which I am not. So I will stop being a pest in here. :P

Is his last name Myer?

OK, I will stop egging you on.

Knife, fork, spoon, mug, and plate or bowl..unless you wish to hold your oatmeal in your hands.. :(

Crewe of the Archangel

Hmmmm maybe you should concentrate on getting yourself some eating utensils unless you plan gnawing on Bucky's remains to sustain yourself....

I have utensils! Well...I have A utensil. It's a lovely wooden spoon, made by Mexican artisans. You can eat just everything but meat with a spoon and since I don't eat meat... Plus I have a wooden bowl with a thumb hole in it that I bought from Greg. Besides, all that's left on Bucky is jerky and I have vowed never to eat jerky, even if I ever do start eating meat again. (I was just discussing this last week.)

Actually, I'll prolly eat out a lot. I'll only be there three days and I'm staying on Duvall. Plus I lurve the Roasted Corn and Crab Chowder at the Rum Barrel and could eat it for bfast, lunch and dinner. And then there's Cafe Solé, which is my favorite restaurant on earth...I must go there or I will have to consider it a wasted trip. (In, fact I already have already made plans that are so detailed they include a back-up plan.) Plus Boo will be there and there's battle-time cracked conch to consider...

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

I have utensils! Well...I have a utensil. It's a lovely wooden spoon, made by Mexican artisans. You can eat almost everything but meat with a spoon and since I don't eat meat... Plus I have a wooden bowl with a thumb hole in it that I bought from Greg. Besides, all that's left on Bucky is jerky and I have vowed never to try jerky, even if I ever do start eating meat again. (I was just discussing this last week.)

Actually, I'll prolly eat out a lot. I'll only be there three days and I'm staying on Duvall. Plus I lurve the Roasted Corn and Crab Chowder at the Rum Barrel and could eat it for b-fast, lunch and dinner. And then there's Cafe Solé, which is my favorite restaurant on earth...I must go there or I will have to consider it a wasted trip. (In, fact I have already made plans with Jessi that are so detailed they include a back-up plan.) Plus Boo will be there which means there's battle-time cracked conch to consider...

Hmmm now there's an idea... Mission maybe you should start a separate thread regarding places to eat off site..It would be rather handy for newbies who do not plan to eat every meal in camp.

Including some places to stay...after all, from Spike's post, it certainly seems that the 150 pirate limit only applies to them that are camping...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

You'd be surprised how quickly that 79 days will go...and the number of folks that will show up and claim..."But I didn't know..."

Crewe of the Archangel

You'd be surprised how quickly that 79 days will go...and the number of folks that will show up and claim..."But I didn't know..."

How many folks are going to Cafe Sole?! Heeee!

Sterling, Believe me, I know. The past few months have been SO Crazy that I am playing big time catch up. Mickey and Kate have done an excellent job of keeping me in the loop, I must say. But I am clueless about a wedding and what this 150 limit is.

*goes back to reading old threads*