This is cool & clever!

Quartermaster James

Did you try it out? How well did it work for you?

Did I try it out?

Hell yes! I had everything around but the iron, and a quick trip and $4.99 to Harbor Freight and I fixed that!

This is so brilliantly simple and it works fantastically. Smoke generation is low and constant, as opposed to billowing and quick. I got almost two hours smoking from 1/3 of a can of pellets. Also, I was able to pull this off in my little 19" table top propane grill! I did about five blocks of miscellaneous cheese I had around (to my taste, the sharper the better to go with the smoke - THIS CHEESE proved excellent!)

The pellets I used were BBQr's Delight. I used the hickory as a safe bet for a first experiment, but I've got mesquite on hand and am itching to try it on something now!

Did you try it out?

Did I try this?!!! Seriously Mission, I thought you knew me better than that by now!

But I've never met you. It sounds like something fun for a haunted house and I must admit I was surprised I had never heard of it. (I've been involved in Houses for well over 20 years now.)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

It sounds like something fun for a haunted house and I must admit I was surprised I had never heard of it. (I've been involved in Houses for well over 20 years now.)

I wouldn't recommend it for that. unless you are seeking an aromatic rather than visual effect.

Even then, you'd probably have too many people worried about "that burning smell."

If you're looking to make yourself some savory smoked tofu, on the other hand...