Isn't there anybody in ohio besides myself?! I know Michael is, are there others????

There is Kate Souris (my wife), and Mark G and Jennie G as well as Ben Fridley all of whom work together regularly are in Ohio (Columbus Area).

There are a few people in Indiana and Kentucky just over the respective borders in the not too far from Cincy area, Fayma and a few of the Sacred Heart fall into that category, and there may be some others as well. I know some people from the Ohio Renn Fest that are not on this forum that also fall into that category, although I haven't been in close touch with that scene in a couple of years, but I could probably given some time put you in touch if you were so interested.

If you are not doing anything on the Sept 19 or 20th weekend, we'd love to have you up in Columbus for this event, feel free to stop by as a spectator or a participant or straddle the line between the two if you wish. It would be good to meet you.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Michael_banner.jpg

There are a few people in Indiana and Kentucky just over the respective borders in the not too far from Cincy area, Fayma and a few of the Sacred Heart fall into that category,

Fayma no longer lives in Indiana.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Isn't there anybody in ohio besides myself?! I know Michael is, are there others????

There is Kate Souris (my wife), and Mark G and Jennie G as well as Ben Fridley all of whom work together regularly are in Ohio (Columbus Area).

There are a few people in Indiana and Kentucky just over the respective borders in the not too far from Cincy area, Fayma and a few of the Sacred Heart fall into that category, and there may be some others as well. I know some people from the Ohio Renn Fest that are not on this forum that also fall into that category, although I haven't been in close touch with that scene in a couple of years, but I could probably given some time put you in touch if you were so interested.

If you are not doing anything on the Sept 19 or 20th weekend, we'd love to have you up in Columbus for this event, feel free to stop by as a spectator or a participant or straddle the line between the two if you wish. It would be good to meet you.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Don't forget Thomas who doesn't post but shows up for pirate events. There are also some SCA-related pirates in the Cincinnati/Covington area. The made it to a couple of Santa Maria events last year.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I believe we have talked on the subject before if I'm not mistaken Michael. If you or anyone could put me in touch with individuals in the cincinnati, northern kentucky, south eastern indiana areas I would greatly appreciate it. It is basically just myself and my wife at the moment and we would love a group of people to go to events with, or even just have some fun pirate themed get togethers. As far as the event on the 19th and 20th, I am working the 19th, and my wife and I had plans to go to the Ohio Renn Fair that Sunday, so I don't know if I could make it or not, plus you would have to put up with my bucket boots. :D

Lazarus

GageSig.png

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I believe we have talked on the subject before if I'm not mistaken Michael. If you or anyone could put me in touch with individuals in the cincinnati, northern kentucky, south eastern indiana areas I would greatly appreciate it. It is basically just myself and my wife at the moment and we would love a group of people to go to events with, or even just have some fun pirate themed get togethers. As far as the event on the 19th and 20th, I am working the 19th, and my wife and I had plans to go to the Ohio Renn Fair that Sunday, so I don't know if I could make it or not, plus you would have to put up with my bucket boots. :D

Lazarus

Well Lazarus,

Bucket boots are not an issue with us on the Santa Maria events. While we do prefer the more authentic look, but one of our main goals with these events is to have fun and be relaxed about it. While last time the ratio of bucket boots to other types of foot wear was pretty low (we had a few), this time it is looking like an almost 50/50 split of buckets to non-buckets, and that is fine. I think I remember sending you an invite once or twice, but I don't recall any particular conversation about it... But then my memory sucks. I hope you have a great time at O-Renn on Sunday! It wouldn't surprise me if you saw the group from the Cincy/Kentucky/Indiana area there, as I haven't heard any word of them coming out for the Santa Maria this time (but Mark might know more about that, as he has been our contact point for that group). And if you don't see them there, I think Mark G may have the contact for the group from the Cincy/Kentucky/Indiana area folks, I think I might be linked to one or two of them on mySpace or something like that, and I will check. But I can't access a lot of that kind of stuff from work, and I would guess Mark could provide you with the contact info before I was able to find it.

Anyways, if you change you mind and decide to head up to Columbus, give us a shout, and if not, hopefully we will meet up at some other event down the road... And you and your wife will always be welcome any time we do the Santa Maria thing (which is shaping up to be twice a year, May and September).

Capn Bob, I hope you'll forgive my oversight in not sending you an invite, I know it may be too late, but you are more than welcome to come as well. And if there are any other Ohioans or folks close enough, please also don't hesitate to contact either Mark G or myself about coming!

Michael_banner.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Lord, Michael! There be a good number o' pirates near yo'r locale... could right well conjure up a crew with so many lookin' t' join a crew and sign articles. :)

Huzzah!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Good Lord, Michael! There be a good number o' pirates near yo'r locale... could right well conjure up a crew with so many lookin' t' join a crew and sign articles. :)

Huzzah!

~Lady B

Yeah, but that's not my style... We gather those who wish to play with us, and leave those who don't want to or can't find the time alone. I think the turnouts at the last handful of Santa Maria events show that a crew isn't required... Sure the first two events, we only had a few handfuls of us, but we've averaged 30+ participants since then with no official crew. That kind of success speaks volumes to me, and kind firms my opinion that forming a crew is the best way to get fewer participants in your events. Leave it nice and open says I. The loosie-goosie approach may not work for everyone, but I wouldn't change my situation for all the gold in the Spanish Armada.

That all said, those willing to travel in and around Ohio (or other places) and who like the notion of working together should get in touch with me, so that when the opportunity arises I can let you know, and vice-versa.

Michael_banner.jpg