Living History Demos

Capt. Sterling

Mooseworth... presenting is simply just doing your demo for the public...hopefully there will be some sort of schedule for when the demos will be going on. Last year, they tried for the first time to arrange tour guides that would collect spectators from the Fort and bring them on into the camps...some folks (Dutch taught on Navigation, Mission taught on surgeon's items, Cheeky and I taught on mourning/funeral customs of the time for example) were available in the camps to talk to the folks on the tour...I would expect things to operate along similar lines this year. Basically last year, the tour guides, who volunteered at the spur of the moment and did an excellent job of it, introduced each group that was doing a demo and then folks just launched into what they were teaching.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Alas, since I'm only going to be there for 3 days, I'm only taking a carry on to save the $25 on bags, so I won't have most of my surgical stuff. (Security seems too look dimly on little knives, let alone large knives and saws.) I may bring some dental stuff if it fits and I think it will get through security, but I don't think it will make for much of a display. I just won a complete set of dental forceps on eBay, but they're coming from England, so I don't know if they'll get here in time. I also have a blacksmith working on a pelican for me, but again, I don't know if it will be done in time.

Edited by Misson

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Alas, since I'm only going to be there for 3 days, I'm only taking a carry on to save the $25 on bags, so I won't have most of my surgical stuff. (Security seems too look dimly on little knives, let alone large knives and saws.) I may bring some dental stuff if it fits and I think it will get through security, but I don't think it will make for much of a display. I just won a complete set of dental forceps on eBay, but they're coming from England, so I don't know if they'll get here in time. I also have a blacksmith working on a pelican for me, but again, I don't know if it will be done in time.

Ya know Mission, you're only a couple of hours drive away.... If you ask nice, I can come pick up your surgical gear and transport it to PiP and back.... If you would like it there that is. We might not have space for all of it, but I am sure we could fit a reasonable sized box of the stuff in with our gear, Mark and Jennie's gear and good ol' Becky. PM me and let me know, we can arrange to meet next weekend if you decide to take me up on this offer.

Michael_banner.jpg

A Merchanting we shall go ~ amazing how fast a MiniCooper fills up with gear. :P (Yep, roadtrip vacation on the way down to PiP ~ in Mark's MiniCooper. God help us if the air bags blow ~ we'll be either impaled on tent poles or crushed against the sea chest.)

I should have enough items to give a nice interactive talk (have one new surprise in particular that I am Very excited about!), similar to the one I gave at the Field Museum. The kids and adults alike seemed to enjoy seeing common items and learning about their uses, so I think I will continue to develop it.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I will be joining the chaps at the forge while I am down there. I will bring some material with me to forge some sword and knife parts. Some knuckle bows and maybe some clamshells and such. I am going to try and rough forge some blades as well. We will just have to see how it goes but I am sure it will be of interest to many. I will try to use as many period techniques as I can during these times. If there is a crowd I would be happy to explain what I am doing as I go.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I will be joining the chaps at the forge while I am down there. I will bring some material with me to forge some sword and knife parts. Some knuckle bows and maybe some clamshells and such. I am going to try and rough forge some blades as well. We will just have to see how it goes but I am sure it will be of interest to many. I will try to use as many period techniques as I can during these times. If there is a crowd I would be happy to explain what I am doing as I go.

Wow! I really look forward to seeing that.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Fishing?? Now that could make an enjoyable demo...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Fishing?? Now that could make an enjoyable demo...

You going to take ROBBIE fishing with you and use him for chum bait, Sterling?????

Take lots of pics, this I got to see!!!!

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!