If you had Super Powers...

Jib

If you could have any single super power what would it be and why?

My wife takes flight but I don't know how helpful that would be. She gets cold easily and would most often take the car to work instead of fly anyways.

I'd say it would be a toss-up between being able to move VERY fast (perhaps through the air) and the ability to instantly understand a foreign language upon encountering it.

Although, in traffic I often wish I could move cars with my mind - there are so many people out there who have no business being on the road.

RHJMap.jpg

That single super power would either be to reverse time or to bring back to life the dead.

Reason being, Maggie ( my sister's family dog) was hit by a vehicle and killed tonight. The anguish my nieces went through was just almost too much for me to bare. Nothing's worse than seeing a child's heart borken at the loss of someone or something important.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

To be able to turn invisible at will could be fun. That or just have a DEATHNOTE!!!

Either way I would wind up being a super villain :D

デスノート!

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Wisdom is good but no one listens anyway so I would like to be a shape shifter. I can soar like an eagle, be a fly on the wall, get through small spaces, run as fast as a cheetah, become as large as a house etc. You didn't say anything about restrictions. lol

Wisdom is good but no one listens anyway...

Why should I care what other people do? You can't ever really control that with any lasting efficacy anyhow.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

1) Invisibility, because people always end up finding me.

2) The ability to move through time, forwards, backwards and sideways, (I guess effectively stopping time).

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Heh - I'm already damn near invisible. For whatever reason I have a particular talent for hiding in plain sight. For example, I've literally sat down next to people who have known me for years and they never knew I was sitting next to them (and we're talking about people who knew me well sitting on BOTH sides of me.) Or got from Point A to Point B with no one seeing me, even though they were in the same room. This happens all the time. And I'm a chameleon. When I've dressed differently (i.e. a suit or formal dress), my own mother has had trouble recognising me. I've been told on many occasions that I should have been a spy.

And yes, I have walked into the men's locker room on more than one occasion, but I was trying to get their attention so I have as yet not tried out my skulking abilities in that venue.

RHJMap.jpg

Wisdom.

An interesting choice... though I might go for hyper-intelligence or hyper-education instead.

I just watched The Watchmen for the first time a couple nights ago, and of all those characters, the only interesting one was Ozymandias who had the power to use his brain (and body too) at full capacity.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Time travel and, like Jill, the ability to understand any language.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wisdom.

An interesting choice... though I might go for hyper-intelligence or hyper-education instead.

That was my first thought, but intelligence without wisdom can be dangerous. Better to know what to do with the intelligence than to just accumulate it.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Wisdom.

That was my first thought, but intelligence without wisdom can be dangerous. Better to know what to do with the intelligence than to just accumulate it.

I also believe that those with true wisdom know that they know nothing. Basically, you just wasted a wish =P

"Pirates should be viewed as the crazy homeless guys of the sea.

Sailing from port to port and broadsiding with nonsensical ramblings."

Wisdom.

I also believe that those with true wisdom know that they know nothing. Basically, you just wasted a wish =P

You may believe that, but that doesn't make it a fact...it's only a fact for you because you believe it.

You may believe that, but that doesn't make it a fact...it's only a fact for you because you believe it.

Slander and lies!

"Pirates should be viewed as the crazy homeless guys of the sea.

Sailing from port to port and broadsiding with nonsensical ramblings."

The ability to stop time and move yourself, and things, through the world while it is stopped. You get invisibility, the semblance of incredible speed, and the ability to change people's behavior through intersting means. Imagine standing in line behind a bank robber . . . and the next instant, the bank robber is weaponless and tied up without anyone, including the bank's cameras, knowing who did it. Or seeing a house fire where there are people trapped inside and . . . the next instant the fire is out.

Oh, and just so you will know that I am not completely altruistic in my designs, I'll take a page from Rumba's book and say that I have always wondered what the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders' locker room looks like after the game is over! (Do they all shower together or do they have different shower stalls? Just what DO they wear under those tiny little short-shorts? Do they really use double-sided tape to make sure none of their breadfruit slip out of their halters?)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Oh, and just so you will know that I am not completely altruistic in my designs, I'll take a page from Rumba's book and say that I have always wondered what the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders' locker room looks like after the game is over! (Do they all shower together or do they have different shower stalls? Just what DO they wear under those tiny little short-shorts? Do they really use double-sided tape to make sure none of their breadfruit slip out of their halters?)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Blackbead

24.gifmwah1.gif