"A Tale From Devil's Tavern"

Blackbead

Ahoy, shipmates! Navigate on over to http://www.gather.com/viewVideo.action?id=11821949021893162 and take a look at Blackbead Productions' first major motion picture! It's based on a poem that tells the tale of a cursed pirate ship haunted by the ghost of one of the crew's victims! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll scream out loud! Well, maybe not out loud . . . but you might have nightmares! Well, maybe indigestion. But go see it anyway!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I don't think I ever put it up here on the pub, Halfshell, but I might have done so sometime in 2008 before the pub "metamorphosized." I've recited it as part of the Brotherhood of the Gulf show at Middlefaire in Texas and as a guest in the Ladies of the Salty Kiss show at Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renfaire in Oklahoma City. I've also spread it around all over the web trying to get some buzz going for the book. I know Red Bess read some of the book, including her EXCELLENT work, at several places up north but I don't know if she chose this one. My wife and I do it as a duo - she does the narrator part and I do the "laughing unbeliever." You said you had heard it before; I hope you also enjoyed it. If you did like it, consider getting a copy of the book, Raising Black Flags. There are sixteen different poets and artists involved in it and there are many different styles and voices included in the book. If you'd prefer, we've also done a CD entitled "A Night at Devil's Tavern." Come see me in Texas or Rumba Rue out at PyrateDaze or Red Bess at one of the shows up in Minnesota. As I said, I hope you enjoyed the piece, I loved writing it and I've always enjoyed performing it!

Steve "Blackbead" Sanders

Thank you, Rumba! I hope it brings in some customers for you at PyrateDaze! I've already had some email from folks talking about wanting to come hear the piece live at Middlefaire. BIG hug!