Best rum ever?

Pew

Still haven't found anything I like better than Pyrat XO Reserve. Cask 23 is as good, but ten times the price. I find Flor de Cana and El Dorado 15 to my liking as well.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

I'll second that Pyrat XO Reseve (on the rocks). Never tried the Cask 23 yet, but for the price I can't imagine it being THAT much better. Best bang for the buck, and I might go with Gosling's Black Seal; a very good rum for about the same price as bottom-of-the-barrel Capt. Morgan or Mount Gay. Occasionally, I also enjoy Pusser's once in a while. But, it still doesn't quite compete with Pyrat XO Reserve.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Easy. Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum (126 proof) mixed with cane sugar Pepsi in this cute little locals bar in Port Royal - The Angler's Club. It's the way rum was meant to be drank - with descendants of pirates in a pirate town. Doesn't get much better than that. 90% of all all rum sold in Jamaica is Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum.

It was first bottled in Kingston at The Shakespeare Tavern in 1825.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well, to my surprise I found some Pyrat Pistol in my local ABC store and I have to say it's rather tasty. I'm certainly no expert, but I like that stuff.

I find meself partial to the Pyrat Pistol as well, whereas me mate Pistol Pete prefers the Pyrat XO. We both intend to try the Pyrat Cask 1623 soon as we're able to pillage it. Anyone tried it yet, what say ye of it?

Ye may notice the bottle of Pirate's Choice nestled in my rack. I seem to have no troubles draining that variety ;-)

Edited by Salty Sam

Salty Sam.....

~ Rum-Soaked Wench ~

~ BombCatcher ~

~ Astral Photographer ~

~ Wet Nurse to the Crewe of the Schooner Wolf ~

Cask is gonna set you back a bit of gold.....Choice is great too had it for the first time in NOLA at PyrateWeek

Well, to my surprise I found some Pyrat Pistol in my local ABC store and I have to say it's rather tasty. I'm certainly no expert, but I like that stuff.

I find meself partial to the Pyrat Pistol as well, whereas me mate Pistol Pete prefers the Pyrat XO. We both intend to try the Pyrat Cask 1623 soon as we're able to pillage it. Anyone tried it yet, what say ye of it?

Ye may notice the bottle of Pirate's Choice nestled in my rack. I seem to have no troubles draining that variety ;-)

I must have had a bad batch of Pistol. It was pure swill when I tried it.

My favorite lately is Pusser's or Pyrat XO.

On a separate note, I mixed a few bottles I had lying around in a flask for the weekend and they turned out . . .well interesting . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Lord Have Mercy....You actually take enough time ta taste Rum.. I always figured it ta be purely medicinal, and as such,should be drank with ultimate fervor and expedience. It's wat ya drink so the water don't kill ya.....Next ye'll be tellin' us cigars taste good....As fer me, give me Rum as quick and stiff as it can be, and smoke out the 12 pounders. and make sure they both keep comin..........

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

I have an onion type bottle Meyers put out that I use for "all-sorts" like that. As you say, it gets "interesting" to say the least. I want to glue a hand-written label on it that says "Straynge Brewe." (kill what's inside of you!) :D

Bo

Aye....goode label that....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

Pyrat Rum XO Reserve, not only is it the best but the hand blown hoof bottel is period to boot. At $22 from Bevmo you can't go wrong. A#1 all around.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!