my" wettaugh " INSPIRED style short jacket

lady constance

I love the material and the floral pattern. Let's see the front! :lol:

Oh, and, gonna let us know how you made it?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

this is a celtic jacket pattern from clotilde....directions were less than desireable calling for no lining--but i added a pink linen lining

i do think the fabric pattern is not quite period correct but one of those PFC issues....

let me see if i can foto the front of the jacket--

yah all can help me decide about closure issues.. since it is a celtic design, i am thinking about using a celtic type of cloak closure.....

i am not sure i like the front closure line.....but i am immensely happy with the overall look---

i need to make it out of linen cor a common persons look..... and save this oen for gala events!!LOL { pirates dont seem to have too many of those!!"

HI.

Do you mean Watteau? The painter. The sack back gowns that now carry his name, but was not called "Watteau" in their day?

This jacket isn't it.

You did a good job! You are quite a seampstress! The material is wonderful, and as another one on this blog said, the colors suit you!

I have been doing reenacting at historical sites and historical clothing research and productions since 1974, from Medieval up through the War of 1812, and even the 1910's.

I have done production sewing for plays and for madrigals. for high schools and for colleges.

I am also a past President of a Scottish Society.

I am a trained tailor, so I know how items should look, and how to make the lines look to the times and styles.

It is very hard to use a new pattern and fit it on your self.

If you move to adjust something, another spot then becomes out of line.

So having someone fit it on you is really needed.

There is nothing about the jacket I can see that labels it "Celtic", except maybe the printing on the Clotilde pattern.

It is a nice style and fits the timeperiod of our chosen obsession. The backs on modern men and women are much broader now.

We have not worn a corset all our life. We are bigger now.

The upper body clothing was worn much tighter than we are used to in modern stretchy materials.

That being said, I do think the back spread across the widest part of the shoulders looks a bit large.

It shows especially in the sleeve picture that the sleeves should definitely be tighter and higher on the shoulder.

So, if it shrinks in the wash, you are probably going to be fine.

If you use the pattern again, take an inch off of both of the mid shoulder slopes and make the armscye opening higher.

I think you will find that more comfortable, too, to move about.

Still one would not cook or do dishes in such a beautiful outfit. Leave the chores to the servants!!

I would love to see it in person!

Spitfire (Diana) Stevens

lady spitfire diana..........

ohhhhhhhhh how i LOVE your take--

every word you say is truth---

the pattern IS too big--- it did not come in my size at all, and as a novice sewer, you dont even want to know how many times i took in each seam......

i can only HOPE it shrinks.... or pad my entire body....

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

now go on the pictures pages and take a look at my stays-- also from a pattern i jiggled with... and still too large-- i need to recut the back-- but tht would movethe shoulder seams , twist it out of shape on the front of me....so to sum it all up--i need to re do it and make it smallerand sewnot onthe 5/8th's but on the 1.4 mark!!!!!!

i like how you use tailoring terms-- something needed when speaking to those who know about sewing and entering into the world of re enacting.....

where on t planet do you live????????? near st louis?? YOU NEED TO BEMY NEIGHBOR--LOL!!

critic me anytime.. that is what i need....

you know your shi*! i love that!!

lady constance