I have a job!

LadyBarbossa

Squee!!! I'm so thrilled!

Finally! After 14 months of being unemployed and seeking anything I can do for a decent wage (and not be used or shyte upon)... I got the phone call this afternoon and was officially offered the job! I'll be a part-time on air announcer for KCII, a radio station in Washington, Iowa! Though part time, it's a great start! I'm thrilled beyond measure! After I got off the phone, I screamed and cheered, danced and jumped about and cried! I still can't believe it.

I finally took seriously the suggestions from many - when I worked at the IMAX in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (when it was still open) - that I should get into Radio. The opportunity arose, I applied last week, went through two interviews and a test recording. This afternoon I got the official word & accepted the job!

Again, I'm utterly thrilled beyond measure. Perhaps once I get use to the radio announcing bit, shal get into voice overs! :P Anyone know of any voice over people that they can pass on a demo or two to? Susan Blu? David Kaye? Frank Welker? Hehehe ::Big, charming grin:::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Congratulations! A breath of fresh air to ye!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

:::Blushes::: thanks, pubmates. Yes, it's incredibly thrilling news.

:::Dances around with Syren::: SQUEE!!!!! So exciting!

Why thank ye, Sea Rover. :) I shall do my best to live up to this new standard now. Hehehe.

Reagan? Really. Wow. I know David Kaye got his start in radio... and now look where he is... I'm sure every one of you has heard his voice. :rolleyes: If you say you haven't... then you don't have a TV, radio and computer. :D Seriously, you've ALL heard his voice somewhere.

SQUEE!!! ::Dancing around some more:::

Oh, this is great. :) Again, thank ye all. :::Gives everyone a hug:::

~Lady B

:::Blushes::: thanks, pubmates. Yes, it's incredibly thrilling news.

:::Dances around with Syren::: SQUEE!!!!! So exciting!

Why thank ye, Sea Rover. :) I shall do my best to live up to this new standard now. Hehehe.

Reagan? Really. Wow. I know David Kaye got his start in radio... and now look where he is... I'm sure every one of you has heard his voice. :rolleyes: If you say you haven't... then you don't have a TV, radio and computer. :D Seriously, you've ALL heard his voice somewhere.

SQUEE!!! ::Dancing around some more:::

Oh, this is great. :) Again, thank ye all. :::Gives everyone a hug:::

~Lady B

One of Reagan's first real jobs was recreating baseball games (Cubs or Cardinals - not sure which) on WHO. He had a ticker tape description of the action of the game, a few minutes after it happened. He'd make up color commentary like he was in the ballpark, providing sound effects like crowd noise and batting balls. So I guess he was a sort of reenactor!

As for David Kaye, I'll take your word for it that I've heard his voice, but I don't know who he is, which usually means that he is much younger than me. I see magazines at the grocery store checkout, with headlines about people's relationships going to hell, and I have absolutely no idea who these people are!! And I don't care either!

Wonderful news!

Being unmeployed sucks. I just finished school for pharmacy technician for a year.

I'm trying to get into a hospital pharmacy with my IV training.

But I am very happy for you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

There is live feed via the internet on their website.

KCII radio Washington Iowa

I will know this week my schedule and will let the lot of ye know when I'll be on the airwaves. :) Alas, not so much the personality bit, as it's more announcing, but heck, it's a start, mates. Ye never know... I can branch out into other things, too. Perhaps be a personality on the radio later on. But voice over work would be loverly. :rolleyes: Psst! Iron Bess... if ye know Susan Blu... :::Winks::: tell her you know someone who's looking to get into the Biz.

Again, thanks mates. Will keep you updated.

BTW, here's the gent I mentioned, David Kaye:

DavidKayeandI.jpg

I look dorky in this pic 'cause he pretty much had me in stitches doing an improptu "awards ceremony" bit just as a friend of mine was taking the picture while at a Transformers Convention back in 2003. He's awesome and I WILL get him back for this picture, too.

~Lady B

Lady B! Fabulous! Make this yer year and the coming one as well. Congrats Aye!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

That's great, Lady B. I'm sure you'll do really well, and become a famous DJ! Best of luck, to ya. **cue applause here**

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog