opinions on this fabric please :)

silas thatcher

these are actually curtains my wife found... mostly linen-- i think 60/40 linen, cotton... i am thinking there is enough to make a frock coat out of it...

what do you think of the print, though ??? close enough to use for gaop, or way off base ?? my hand is there to show some kind of dimensions the floral print has...

tia

DSCN3446.jpg

It looks like my favorite waverly print that I am desperately trying to convince hubby would be excellent in the new house... Meaning it is absolutely unfit for the period and you should donate them to my 1860's home.... =)

Sorry, I don't actually know.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

It looks like my favorite waverly print that I am desperately trying to convince hubby would be excellent in the new house... Meaning it is absolutely unfit for the period and you should donate them to my 1860's home.... =)

Sorry, I don't actually know.

lol !!

• 3 weeks later...

According the Beth Gilgun (author of "Tidings of the 18th century"), the cabbage style roses are more of a 19th c style design. Earliest it could have been used is around 1812. That's according to Beth Gilgun. I've yet to see the cabbage roses printed onto fabrics before the French Rev War.

Maybe Sterling can shed some light on this.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!