Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19th)

We are going to have an event every year and here is where it will be found, and on the upcoming website. This year...

Talk Like A Pirate day 2009

19th September, Noon

Captain's House

We will be smoking a pork shoulder

Herbed Yorkshire Pudding

Bubble and Squeak

Indian Pudding

The Ship's rum supply will be on hand, but as usual BYOB

Plus its me Katie's Birthday Party

Contact me for directions

~Captain Black

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

• 1 month later...

Greetings shipmates all!

'Twas a bonny day ta' talk like a Pyrate. Those of you what couldn't make an appearance were sorely missed. The Powder Magazine is a great venue for piratical endeavors. One of the oldest (if not the oldest) building in Charleston.http://www.powdermag.org/

We had a nice area to set up in and the wrought iron bars made several of our crew mates feel right at home.

The staff were very welcoming and hospitable. They mentioned that they would love to have us back.

Mr Beck and the mysterious pyrate Fernando gave us a masterful demonstration of sword play. Fast and hard and exciting (or would have been exciting, but as Captain I was very concerned that we would be wondering how to get rid of the body). You missed a treat those of you who were unable come to town.

A lot more of the public knew about TLAPD than I expected, that added to the fun. We had some very happy children that got some of our swag.

We were graced with the pleasure of two members of the Ladies Auxiliary, Mistress Jean and Mistress Carol. You remember them from Harborfest. They were doing the spinning and weaving and other critical activities from our period in history. If you thought they were fun at Harborfest you need to see them at the Buccaneer.

Captain Richard of the "Pride" joined us along with his crew mate Kevin, They camped with us at Harborfest and are always ready for a good time.

It went off very well, I'm thinking that next year we'll try something larger.

So, that's me note for today.

In Spirit & Blood,

Capt. Red Richard

PS. Ask me what Richard Thomas looked like falling off a cannon. That's one that's not ever going to get old.