The Vehicle You Would Buy

bugatti-veyron-grand-sport-2.jpg

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

A topless version of the world's fastest production car? The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport (@$2.25 million) keeps the coupe's 1001 hp, 16-cylinder engine, and has been developed so there will be no draft inside, even when exploring the upper reaches of the car's 217 mph top speed.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What vehicle would you own if you could?

Personally, I have always thought the Auburn Boattail Speedster was the most beautiful car ever made. Having recently visited the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg museum in Auburn, IN on my way to Paynetown, I can even show you pictures (...and I even like the color.)

Aye, mate - ye be a man after me own heart (or wallet, I wager...)

I have always been a fan of antique automobiles. My dad's friend collected antique Lincolns, and introduced me to the guy who sold me my first car - a 1958 Buick Special, which I bought at a5 years old, restored, and kept for over 20 years. When i moved to Seattle, I sold it to a collector in Sweden.

As far back as I can remember, my all-time dream car was a late-30's Auburn Boattail Speedster.

Recently, I had the pleasure of visiting the Clive Cussler Museum in Denver, and saw some excellent examples of the Auburns there. I'll see if I can dig up some photos. Some of the autos were strange - Cussler has this uncanny knack for painting antique cars in bizarre colors.

Edited by Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Okee dokee. Here are a couple pix from the museum:

The Auburn:

DSCF3160_25.jpg

And the Buick:

DSCF3112_35.jpg

The front end is EXACTLY like mine. I remember the first weekend I had it, I set about polishing the grille. It took the whole weekend!

There were dozens of beautiful, rare automobiles. The whole trip was a blast!

I have many more pix, larger ones too, which I posted to my personal blog, rather than tying up this thread.

Anyone who is interested, go to:

http://mikeyzblawg.blogspot.com/2009/10/cussler-museum.html

Edited by Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Serenity-from-Firefly.jpg

Firefly class? Nice choice.

But don't ride in anything with a Capissen 38 engine, they fall right out of the sky