The Vehicle You Would Buy

What vehicle would you own if you could? (Note: This idea stolen directly from a status comment made by Tartan Jack.) I've talked about my Delorean occasionally and I really enjoyed owning that, although that experience is the reason I added "...if you had more money than brains" to the title. (You may think that owning a collector car would be neat, but the reality is another thing entirely. Trust me.)

Personally, I have always thought the Auburn Boattail Speedster was the most beautiful car ever made. Having recently visited the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg museum in Auburn, IN on my way to Paynetown, I can even show you pictures (...and I even like the color.)

Auburn Boattail Speedster blue side small.jpg

Auburn Boattail Speedster blue back small.jpg

Auburn Boattail Speedster blue interior small.jpg

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cord 812:

Cord%20812.jpg

1937_cord_812_beverly_m.jpg

Or a Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic

22-bugatti-type-57-atlantic.jpg

bugatti_t57_sc_atlantic_1937_fr3q.jpg

bugatti_t57_sc_atlantic_1937_r3q.jpg

And:

McLaren F1:

mclaren-f1-supercars.jpg

3-seater with AMAZING performance

As it is, I drive:

P1010212.jpg

The Scion is a very practical vehicle, with surprising performance! It can carry a HECK of a lot.

The Miata is just simply a BLAST to drive, esp. on mountain twisties.

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Caterham%207.JPG

The Caterham Super 7, the purest expression of automotive madness ever to raise insurance premiums and pulses. They have made them a bit softer than the original, which did not even offer a passenger seat as standard equipment. Still, it is little more than a skateboard with a big engine. Best of all, Patrick McGoohan drove one in "The Prisoner", so what 40-something year old geek doesn't want one?

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

The museum actually had a Mercedes Gullwing. It's the first time I've ever seen one other than in photos. (It was stuck in the back of the museum! :blink: )

Mercedes Gullwing angle small.jpg

Mercedes Gullwing door interior small.jpg

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hmm for me...I think this looks like fun!

The Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 is the ultimate street car. Factory-specified performance of 0-62 mph of 2.5 seconds and a top speed of over 250 mph. 8.0-liter, fuel-injected, quad-turbocharged, DOHC with 4 valves / cylinder, 987 HP W-16 and it's a coupe.

01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

154_0710_02_z+original_jeep_gladiator_and_jt_pickups+jeep_honcho_exterior_view.jpg

Jeep J Series truck...

img_M715_Cargo.jpg

And a military version of said truck, a 5/4 ton pickup called an M 715

Originally called the Jeep Gladiator, so if it's ever made, a new one too...

gladiator.jpg

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

thats cars sweet but i've always wanted one of these:

757px-Stryker_ICV_front_q.jpg

A stryker ICV. It'd look great sprayed up black with my jolly roger painted on it :lol: (minus the guns of course, they are frowned upon over in the GB)

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

3489472354_57bde4d48f.jpg

for some reason i always wanted one...CURSE YOU STEPHEN SPIELBURG!!!

d55acf88a714fb1801348078380f52e7.jpg

.........though id want it in burgandy...i love antique cars...model t ford= love ..............wow in comparison to all the sports cars..mine seem very......slow.......

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

is that would buy or did buy? my first "adventure" was a BMW R69 S motorcycle with a Steib TR500 sidecar, it has gone downhill from there, from a Citroen 11 BL to a wwII tank and a bunch of others in between. Currantly it is a custom built German VW "kublewagen from wwII fame but with a 124 hp watercooled engine so that BlackHearted Pearl can have air conditioning in the summer while shooting the MG34 off the AA mount.

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

is that would buy or did buy? my first "adventure" was a BMW R69 S motorcycle with a Steib TR500 sidecar, it has gone downhill from there, from a Citroen 11 BL to a wwII tank and a bunch of others in between. Currantly it is a custom built German VW "kublewagen from wwII fame but with a 124 hp watercooled engine so that BlackHearted Pearl can have air conditioning in the summer while shooting the MG34 off the AA mount.

I knew the picture of the tank would spurr you into response, so I am surprised you didn't mention the Stuart Tank. In the end for me, it's all about the ship. All I want is a car that can service my ship.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I knew the picture of the tank would spurr you into response, so I am surprised you didn't mention the Stuart Tank. In the end for me, it's all about the ship. All I want is a car that can service my ship.

They didn't ask about the ships did they? Does this mean I can buy the HMS PICKLE ?

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

What vehicle would you own if you could? (Note: This idea stolen directly from a status comment made by Tartan Jack.)

-SNIP

Actually, he originally SAID "vehicle" . . .

A ship is a vehicle, isn't it?

That way, I would like a tall ship, authentic looking, but with solar powered, non-breaking motors to operate the sails and rigging, so no pesky CREW to worry about appeasing . . .

With 20-30 cannons, or so.

And with a nice main cabin and a well stocked kitchen and hold.

I get to have whoever I want aboard and no reason to press.

Hoist the flag and happy sailing!

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

69jbgto.jpg

Copyrighted by GTO Alley

This is my dream car...a 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge"

push_back.13373613_std.jpg

I drive something VERY similiar at work to tow one of these........

c-5_825927.jpg

That is a picture of my baby...I cant imagine working on any other airframe!!

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Alright... I gots me a few...

On th'close t' practical side, I'd go for one of these (then paint it black);

14191058_th.gif 14191034_th.jpg

Given my choice I'd go with somethin' more subtle... a kinder gentler image for my ride... Perhaps one of these;

The "Land Master";

14191059_th.jpg

"Dead Reckoning";

14191094_th.jpg

Ideally if you could cross a 1959 Cadillac Hearse with a WWII Panzer... that would about do it for me...

Commodore Ashton "WeirdBeard" Synn

Edited by Captain Synn

NyghtCraftLogoRed.jpg

Highest Quality Handcrafted Leather on or off the 7 seas!