I would like to get one.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

ok i have the period correct paper ordered and am just awaiting its arrival so I can get the first maps printed. They are the original size and are all around 18" x 21"

So far I have the following sea charts:

Irish Sea with Ireland, England and Scotland 1665 Dutch

East African coast with Arabia, Madagascar, Seychelles and the Maldives 1666 Dutch

The Atlantic Ocean with the coast of North America, South America and the Caribbean Islands 1662 Dutch

The west coast of Africa with the Atlantic Islands (Azores, Madeira & Canary Islands) 1666 Dutch

As soon as i got some finished I can work out pricing.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Ok just done the first prototype Sea chart and its worked really well. I may need to tweak the size and get the correct shade of paper but other than that it worked out fine.

This is a replica of a 1657 Dutch seachart showing Southern Florida, the Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, and Hispaniola. It is printed on period correct Linen and cotton rag laid paper.

Size: 20" x 23"

med_gallery_10743_189_339369.jpg

bannerad.jpg

Love it! Have you got a price worked out yet?

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Love it! Have you got a price worked out yet?

Well I just have to see if i can find any cheaper paper but if not they work out at around $40 each.

I'll get them posted in the thieves market once I have printed all the ones I have got.

bannerad.jpg

I've been trying to find out what GAOP sea charts were printed on for ages. Anyone got any ideas?

many charts like books of the time were printed on a fiberous paper (very canvas like) made from the Hemp plant, extreamly durable it was very water resistant as well.

the ropes, textile items and many clothes were also made from the Hemp, but each was refined differently producing different qualities

charts could also have been placed on Velum but that was very expensive...still is

Asolfr

Captain of the Blacktyde

Purveyor of Asolfr's Workshoppe

"If I don't have it, i'll find it

If I can't find it, i'll make it

If I can't make it, I'll steal it"

So says Asolfr the Pirate

Oi when might we see charts circa 1705-1715? Would be interested in England, Virginia, Carolinas, Bermuda, Jamaica, Bahamas, North Africa..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oi when might we see charts circa 1705-1715? Would be interested in England, Virginia, Carolinas, Bermuda, Jamaica, Bahamas, North Africa..

I'll get on it and hopefully have some soon. Already for the lighter colored paper sourced for the 18th century ones so will get some in this week.

bannerad.jpg

I'll get on it and hopefully have some soon. Already for the lighter colored paper sourced for the 18th century ones so will get some in this week.

Thank you, will keep checking this thread regularly for when you are ready to post

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ok i have new charts up. Another 17th century one and 2 charts now which are from the early 18th Century:

Replica 1666 Dutch Seachart of the Atlantic coast of America from Cape Cod to Cape Hatteras

Replica 1712 Dutch Seachart of the Antilles, Greater, Cuba, and Jamaica

Replica 1713 English Seachart of of New Foundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, with Virginia and Maryland

They can be seen in the thieves market thread here

bannerad.jpg