Daggers, dirks, knives, bodkins, shivs

Jib

100_2116.jpg

Recently sharpened, courtesy of my brother. =)

jplargeawls.jpg

I have a few other weapons in my sewing box and kitchen... but let them be a secret,

Edited by LadyBrower

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

100_2116.jpg

Recently sharpened, courtesy of my brother. =)

jplargeawls.jpg

I have a few other weapons in my sewing box and kitchen... but let them be a secret,

What are the lower items? They look like fids. I know hat pins can be used as weapons.

Love the cleaver too! You hold that up Lady Brower and people will take notice!

The lower items are sewing awls courtesy of the scarlet scarab... both ends hurt like the devil! Pins can sure be used as weapons and now I have to be very careful with that cleaver, my brother have become quite skilled in the art of sharpening and that thing is SHARP. I needs to make a sheath for it for certain. 'tis a dangerous item to be sure...

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

Moved.... to a more appropriate location!

Edited by LadyBrower

Here's a pic of most of my arsenal, but I admit several of my knives are missing from it.

Weapons.jpg

Oh Jill. A woman after my own heart. A musket...a baskethilt...several axes...and blades all around. Love it!

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

The lower items are sewing awls courtesy of the scarlet scarab... both ends hurt like the devil! Pins can sure be used as weapons and now I have to be very careful with that cleaver, my brother have become quite skilled in the art of sharpening and that thing is SHARP. I needs to make a sheath for it for certain. 'tis a dangerous item to be sure...

I know there is a cutlery shop here in Raleigh that I've been to a few times and they have a collection of old meat cleavers like the one you posted and three of them had sheaths. One was a sheath that had a strap and baldric type leatherwork that allowed it to rest on the hip. Next time I'm in there I 'll take a picture and send it to you

As I got mine all out fer packing, here be me sharp pointy things:

(Ye ask'd bout "eating knives", I circled mine in green. All here be SHARP except th' aluminum stage sword 'n th' board'n sword above it)

gallery_6451_101_33537.jpg

STOP! NO BODY MOVE!!!

....I be miss'n one o' me daggers! Th' one what I wore on me back side befer I got me new waistcoat 'n sword belt!

(guess I should check th' kitchen drawer!!)

*add*

Oh bloody 'ell!

Just recall'd I have two other small 'eating' knives as well...bloody place tis a mess as I prepare t' move at month's end...perhaps next time

:lol:

Edited by MadL

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Nice turks heads, did you tie them yerself?

Aye, that I did. Used Stockholm tarred hemp, gotta LOVE th' smell o' good Stockholm!

Wrap th' handle first:

SwordHandle.jpg

Then tie th' turks:

SwordHandle2.jpg

Mix a few different size line for better effect:

KnottyStuff.jpg

I really like th' feel in me hand as well, less slip, better control, 'n just like a fine wench it leaves behind a fine smell on yer hand.....oops, did I just say that out loud?? :lol:

but o'course it helps t' have th' right tools t' do it all:

NeedleCase.jpg

Edited by MadL

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!