Replica ship burns

Very sad. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

It brings a lot of different emotions...but ends up as sad. What a loss.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

It brings a lot of different emotions...but ends up as sad. What a loss.

The article stated the following about the possible cause of the fire:

""The cause of the fire was being investigated, but NOS said it may have been started by an electrical short circuit.""

That's the trouble with that 'electrical' stuff, not a good thing to mess with, especially around water. Not so sure it is a good idea in houses either. :ph34r:

Now if they had made it like a true replica....... hmmm candles and lanterns, not so sure that that is much better. Sad about the ship though :ph34r:

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Aaaaaagh..... Sad... devastatingly sad...

One less TallShip in the world...

(removes hat and bows head)

May it be possible that something is left to be reused and she can and will be rebuilt to her former glory...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I feel like I could cry... There are not nearly enough of these ships in the world to have one be destroyed is devastating. :-(

I have to say, the pictures of the fire are almost beautiful though, in a sad, macabre sort of way. Makes it easy to imagine how dangerous existence was on such a ship, and what the destruction looks like...

So sad...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Wow. What a shame.

Makes it vividly clear why those who sale on the Kalmar Nykle are required to know where ALL the fire extinguishers are and why we regularly have fire drills, hourly boat checks and have emergency assignments even when she is in maintenance there is crew aboard and all procedures are followed.

Bows head with Dorian and others.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

According to the Facebook page for the Schooner Amistad, the ship was unattended when the fire broke out. In their words, "fire on wooden vessel is a deadly tragedy... Posting as a memento for every single ship and for ALL those who think that a ship can be left unattended... Ships die without crew!"

This tragedy reminds me of the fire that destroyed the Cutty Sark a few years ago. Has anyone heard anything new about that? At the time, there were some who said that the destruction was not that bad, and that they hoped to rebuild. Anything ever happen on that front?

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn.

One less ship out of so few to play in. I cannot imagine how the crew must feel.

Damn.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Tis a shame for such a beautiful vessel to go up like that .....We need to treasure and support as many of these ships as we can; I doubt the owners will rebuild her even if she was fully insured. Most of the rest of the world doesn't see why we need to keep such history alive.

Sound the pipes and doff your caps lads and lassies......tis another sad day for the days of sail :(:(:(

I dinae often cry. but that is worthy of weeping over such a loss of beauty from the world. I think posioden himself would weep for that loss.

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Its a real shame that she went up like that.......so very few of them left........so very beautiful...... im very glad no lives were lost, though the crew may feel otherwise.......however unlikely, twould be nice to see it rebuilt.......but it would seem very unlikely......adieu, mon beau navire......adieu *tosses handkerchief

<h3 class="r">

</h3>

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

I regret that it was I who bore such sad news. One of my many duties in the Navy was firefighting/damage control. The way she is buckled in the middle, I doubt she'll be of any use whatsoever. This was posted on the Frontier Folk forum this morning and I knew the pyrate family should hear of it. I join you all in reverence for a beauty lost.

Bo

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Facebook page for the Schooner Amistad, the ship was unattended when the fire broke out. In their words, "fire on wooden vessel is a deadly tragedy... Posting as a memento for every single ship and for ALL those who think that a ship can be left unattended... Ships die without crew!"

This tragedy reminds me of the fire that destroyed the Cutty Sark a few years ago. Has anyone heard anything new about that? At the time, there were some who said that the destruction was not that bad, and that they hoped to rebuild. Anything ever happen on that front?

Just a note, the August 2009 Wooden Boat Magazine has an update on the Cutty Sark. it is going to be rebuilt, the damage was not as bad as first thought since much of the historic material had been removed to other storage facilities for restoration. Another side light to the VOC replica, that I was not aware of is that the Cutty Sark had Iron frames, just like the replica did, though for the replica, it was not authentic to the ship it was portraying. Nice article in Wooden Boat

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I