Inconceivable! TPHSB Confusion Avoidance Thread

Ransom

Okay, I have been asked to start a PHSB joint thread, so here you go. To help the story along, post all of your questions, ideas, crewe members, ship's specs, etc, so we can keep everyone on the same page.

Personally, I would like to see lists of crewe members on all the ships, just to make it easier to keep track of who is where, and a short description of the ship. I kept having people refer to the Rakehell's poop deck or quarterdeck, when she doesn't have one, so I think descriptions of the ships would be very helpful for everyone.

Also, post here if you're going to be away from the story for awhile, so we can work around that.

Oh, and if you want to whine about something, go ahead. The rest of us will probably ignore you, but if it will make you feel better, go to! LOL :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ship: Relentless

Description: Modeled after the Lady Washington.

Crew:

Jacky Tar (Captain), Dillard (1st Mate), Smithe, Stones, Jonesy, Rosie (Cook), various un-named sailors and Spoons (Ex-Cook; currently in the brig).

Destination:

Florida (Aye, we're goin' t' Disney World!)

The Sloop:

"La Esperanza", loosely translated as "Hope".

She can carry as much as 10 cannon and 4 swivels. Right now, I'd only have 2 4lbr's near the bow, and 2 6lb's just aft (one set of gunports aft of the 4lbr's), amidships. Swivel guns on the bow and a set on the taffrail.

Better yet:

bermuda_sloop2.jpg

Looking for a few more crew, should the case arise.

Bios:

Tomas Guerrero: Caught stealing from the plate fleet leaving Potosi, Columbia, he was stripped of his command. He amassed quite a fortune in his years with Spain. Tomas now is a dark figure within the Caribbean. A mercenary. Hard to find, because he knows you are looking for him. He has many, many bookkeepers, soldiers, captains, pirates and privateers and spies within his payroll. 'The Spaniard' knows when each ship leaves the South American coast and what each has on board. Not settling for logwood traders from the Bay of Campeche, or local fisherman from the Yucatan, he takes from those wealthy enough to lose it: Statesman, Government officials, and the Crown. Currently operating out of the Dry Tortugas, he has a small crew working for him trying to find the wreck of "El Altanero", lost a fortnight ago...

Phonse: Short, pudgy, portly. Not much going for the fellow. Jack of all trades, master of none. He has spent his time in the treasure galleons of Spain and the dregs of all bodegas upon the Caribbean. A cook, gunner's mate, and rigger for the fleet out of Santo Domingo. Tomas met Alphonse Ferdinand de Santiago planking the hull of the next ship to reef itself just off the Dry Tortugas.

Roberto: Tall, thin, freed slave. Worthy of nothing, save a hard worker and loyal. Attempted fishing off Hispaniola, but had difficulty with navigation of a dugout. Tomas and Phonse saved him from nearly drowning just off the coast. Feels indebted to Tomas.

Edited by Tomas Guerrero

"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

0000banner-accommodation.png

Ah, the Rakehell, sweet thing that she is... ;)

Rakehell:

72' rake-masted, gaff-rigged, square tops'l schooner. Built for smuggling. Black hull, sienna sails. Flat deck. Five guns (six-pounders) — two to a side, and one at the stern. Four rail guns — two fore and two aft. Belowdecks is all storage, except for a small captain's cabin and the galley. Her minimal crewe sleep wherever they can.

Ensign: Horse skull on a red background — Your bloody worst nightmare just came true!

Crewe:

Ransom — Captain (English)

Africa — Quartermaster (Former slave, freed from a Spanish galley)(Tribe unknown)

Tunny Dobson — Able seaman/carpenter/master gunner (English)

Goose — Cook (English)

Jimmy Cox — Able seaman (English)

Ludovico Baglione — Able seaman/cook (Italian, and can't speak English)

Colard Dysart* — Able seaman/carpenter (Escaped Havana aboard the Rakehell)(Scot)

*Colard most often posts under his own avatar

Ioan Loghry — Former first mate, now Ransom's sworn enemy, currently trapped in Port Royal (Welsh)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Oi Tomas!

Tanks fer postin a picture o me ship! ;)

Me? I'm jus a crazy Irishman. . . . Jus tink o Stephen from Braveheart as a sailor. Haha!!!! that would make me Robert Shaw!

Edited by Black Nate

~Black Nate~

Brenpen185.jpg

A ship in a puddle is better than no ship at all

Dear Saint Brendan, to mention your name is to recall much travelling.

It was in relation to voyages that you emerged as a popular Saint.

The Irish became great travelers thus spreading their faith everywhere.

Protect not only mariners but also all those who go down to the sea in ships. Amen.

Okay, gang, we have three ships, and three crews, so, where do we want to go next? Original plan was to head for Florida and look for JT's magic healing water. Now Burmuda has been tossed out as a possible destination. This is a group story, so...where does the group want to go?

Oh, and remember, MacTavish might make another appearance. He hasn't made up his mind yet. LOL

As for me, I just want to go...the Tortugas, even with Nate's near-death experience, are getting kinda boring by now. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay, I got requests to make this thread, and now ya'll don't want to use it!

I wash my hands of this weirdness! :lol:

However, it would be nice to know just what you all want to do next.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

workin on it inbetween a rough work schedule and a lousy old junky car - hands Ransom some new wierdness :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Puts my hands behind my back, so Jenny has to take her weirdness back. "Oh, no! My life is nothing but weirdness right now, I don't need any of yours!!! Thanks, but, no thanks! :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Weird? Who's weird? What's weird? Ain't nothin weird round ere!

Already made my thoughts known in th story.

Callin us weird. Pot callin th kettle black.

~Black Nate~

Brenpen185.jpg

A ship in a puddle is better than no ship at all

Dear Saint Brendan, to mention your name is to recall much travelling.

It was in relation to voyages that you emerged as a popular Saint.

The Irish became great travelers thus spreading their faith everywhere.

Protect not only mariners but also all those who go down to the sea in ships. Amen.

• 2 months later...

No one is talking much. How is everyone doing? ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, guys, the interest in this story seems to be dieing and on life support. If no one is interested in keeping it alive, I say we pull the plug.

Thoughts?

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Nah..we've just been busy. Well get there oi

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I don't know. Seems people are getting a bit bored with the story. And I hate to say it, I'm one of them. We don't seem to be going anywhere, and even the characters are sounding bored with each other. LOL Maybe it's just me, but the story seems to have lost its spark.

I know people are busy preparing for PIP, and then there is the holidays, so maybe we need to take a break until after the first of the year? Recharge everyone's batteries, and come back with more enthusiasm?

Or, we can keep floundering along like we are now... Up to you guys.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

In case any of you were wondering...no, I haven't got a clue what JT is up to. I'm just kinda rolling with it. <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg