Other events for the Mercury

Now that the Mercury crew has become well established at PIP and the Fort Taylor Pirate Festival, I would like to propose that we take the crew to another event or two next year. I've already been approached by some members of the crew about representing the Mercury at their local events and I think there are enough of us on the East Coast now that we might consider one of three festivals as an addition.

1-Captain Kidd Pirate Festival at Fort Delaware on Pea Patch Island.

2-Lockhouse - Havre de Grace, Maryland

3-Pyrate Invasion in Beaufort, North Carolina

These are not listed in any particular order of importance, for all of them have appeal and you all should know that we have been officially invited to all three. Lockhouse and Beaufort are both well established and highly recommended, while the Captain Kidd event is brand new but very promising. Lockhouse is held twice a year, but the event in July is probably the only event we could muster, as the other is held too close to PIP. Beaufort is in August this year, so we'll assume it will be next year as well, or close to it. The Captain Kidd event has yet to be determined.

Thoughts?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had planned on attending two out of the three listed anyways... At this early point I wasn't sure if I would be attending those events as an individual, or with the Scioto Pirates.... But if the Mercury Crewe is at either the Lockhouse or the Captain Kidd festival, and it doesn't conflict with something I am doing with the Scioto Pirate, I will happily join on with the Mercury Crew for the event.

Michael_banner.jpg

I'd be all for it...

As you say, the Mercury Crew has become established well enough that it has been officially recognized and invited to other events.

Excellent...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

A very persuasive argument William - I may have to jump my own ship.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

A very persuasive argument William - I may have to jump my own ship.

-- Hurricane

You would be most welcome to join us there. If the festival proves to be as good as planned, it could be the next big draw and I find the idea of being isolated on an island of few if no modern amenities most appealing.

I may also have a fort addiction.

It is an impressive structure, William! I used to live an hour north of it in Pennsylvania and would go there perhaps once a year....The idea of camping on the island is exciting!!! I/we may be joining up with the Mercury crew for a few of these events.

The more the merrier...or bloodier. They're hoping to have forces within the fort to repel all attackers, so the inclusion of our group would greatly add to John's Pirate Brethren and other pirate groups planning to attend. It's not being touted as a true 'historical re-enactment, and like PIP it should contain many facets of pyracy, but I think the atmosphere of isolation on the island at night will make for a very cool setting.

Now this isn't to say that we couldn't attend all three and even join those pirates on the Santa Maria for a fourth event each year, but at best I could only make a few of them myself, and PIP comes first.

That fort looks like alot of fun, and like you said Will...isolated on an island with nothing modern around just makes it seem all that more exciting!!

I know the Half Moon Marauders plan on going to the lockhouse for sure and more likely than not to pea patch island :rolleyes:

T'would be awesome to meet the Mercury Crew....now if I could only find your cap'n :-P lol

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

William, if I can put it together, I would like to check this out also. The pics remind me of Fort Zach. What are the dates and location?

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

The location is Fort Delaware, in the Delaware River.

The date has not yet been set, but I have sent the organizers a big list of dates that are taken so as to avoid conflicts. But that's always tough to do, especially when you consider they want to bring in F&I French to man the fort. So you are looking at avoiding conflicts with not only pirate events, but F&I events, and probably RevWar events too.

Also... at present, the only pirate groups that I know are officially invited to attend as reenactors are the Pirate Brethren and the Sea Rats. I'm sure they will allow other crews too, but I'm asking just to make certain. And if not, I don't keep a roster of people in the Pirate Brethren, so if the PB ranks seem to swell for an event, that's cool.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Lockhouse is held twice a year, but the event in July is probably the only event we could muster, as the other is held too close to PIP.

The catch with the Lockhouse is that the battle field is tight, so the number of reenactors who can safely participate is limited. However... the summer version usually has fewer militia, so having more pirates is a good thing, especially when some of them are willing to be militia.

That being said, we'd love to have you!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In the hunt for more event ideas, I've been shopping around for something a little closer to home and we're considering an event in the surrounding St. Louis area. I know that we have crew members within six hours of there that could meet up, so we should probably start looking at faires and event locations. It would also help if I had an idea of where everyone is.

Of course I'm travelling from 84321, so I'll have to drive quite a bit no matter where we meet. Let's here a shout out of zip codes.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I'd do my best to get to our first official event, although I may have to skip another event to make it work.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm in 43110... But where I live tends to have no relevance, as I am likely one of the most migratory re-enactors there is. :lol: But I'd love to help out, and would love the chance to help the Mercury Crew! What month is this likely to happen again? Just so I can try and schedule around it.

Michael_banner.jpg

I'm in 43110... But where I live tends to have no relevance, as I am likely one of the most migratory re-enactors there is. :( But I'd love to help out, and would love the chance to help the Mercury Crew! What month is this likely to happen again? Just so I can try and schedule around it.

We're looking at events in the region, so we haven't nailed down the exact month. We're shooting for April to June. I'll post a list very soon.