Other events for the Mercury

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April might be sort of cold in St. Louis. Ask Silas, he lives there.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

92025 - near San Diego

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Hey there,

So....

1 - Since I am no longer with Pyrates of the Coast, I would like to be added to the Mercury as an 'associate member' or whatever you all call it if that's at all possible. :)

2 - I'm 32934...yeah...way down here in Fla...

Although depending on where we're heading, maybe Capt Jim and I could meet up and make the drive easier by splitting driving duty.

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

May I be allowed to suggest either the Fort DeChartres events in June or November,(near St.Louis) or the Fort Osage events (Near KCMO), and I'll get some info links up today if there is any interest. You would all be well received and, I am certain, enjoy these events, I'd love the opportunity to meet ya'll.

http://www.ftdechartres.com/page/page/1396753.htm

http://www.jacksongov.org/content/3279/3838/3861.aspx

I went ahead with the info in case it would inrease the chances ya'll would come out here where I can irritate you in person.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

I probably won't make an April event. I'll be in class and unless it fits (based on tests and whatnot), I'll have to skip.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Out of all the events to choose from at these two sites, the most likely to meet all the necessary criteria for the best turn-out would be the first weekend of June at Ft. De Chartres. Most classes are out by then, the weather is most likely to be thebest (but it is absolutely un-predictable in this part of the country at any time of year), and it is far enough removed from PiP to allow for time/money preparations for both events. Also, there is a very good variety of vendors and it is not juried other than vendors goods are somewhat screened so as not to be too farby. It is usually a large turn-out. The November Ft. De Chartres is my favorite, as the event evolved into a huge encampment from a woods-walk event that started out relatively small several years ago, but that probably squeezes too many folks too close to PiP. However, for the consideration of the crewe, the Ft. Osage events sponsored by CoHT ( Coalition of Historical Trekkers)are smaller, but much more "family-like" and we always have a good tavern night, some really talented craftsmen, lots of "blanket trading" and an auction of donated items, workshops and lectures,Camp supper (pot-luck PLUS!!!) etc. The spring (April I think) event may be too early for most, and the September one too close to PiP.

Just some basic information for your consideration.

http://www.coht.org/

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

june at fort de chartres shouldn't be bad... usually a good breeze blowing, kinda like paynetown in august...

from what i hear, the june fort is massive... i was at the november fort and it seemed pretty big, but was warned that the june fort is bigger... people from the st. louis pirate fest usually attend one or both events...

I vote that we have an event in 33037.

Mission_banner5.JPG

If Mercury can employ a gun maker and cook Sansanee and I would be honored. Of course we are WAY south at 33037

Ah! But you guys could head up my way... we could grab Captain Jim and heck we would have a grand old time going anywhere!!!! It's the Party Car!!!!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

As a complete side-track.... If Sergeant Johnson approves, and those attending agree... I think there are enough Mercury Crew enthusiasts attending that we may be able to have a small Mercury Crew gathering at the Searle's Raid of St. Augustine this coming March. I know most we are all welcome there either way, it is just a case of whether we all go as individual guest members of the Searle's Crew or whether we set up ourselves at the event as Mercury.

Michael_banner.jpg

As a complete side-track.... If Sergeant Johnson approves, and those attending agree... I think there are enough Mercury Crew enthusiasts attending that we may be able to have a small Mercury Crew gathering at the Searle's Raid of St. Augustine this coming March. I know most we are all welcome there either way, it is just a case of whether we all go as individual guest members of the Searle's Crew or whether we set up ourselves at the event as Mercury.

In case he doesn't pop on the pub, he's sometimes slow about these things, I can give him a call and report back. If he says no, I will be up there and can selflessly throw my body on the ground and block any other tents from going down til you arrive! Too much? Perhaps... maybe i'll just whine a lot...that works too.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

...I will be up there and can selflessly throw my body on the ground and block any other tents from going down til you arrive!

If that happens, someone please take photos so I can comment. B)

Mission_banner5.JPG

...I will be up there and can selflessly throw my body on the ground and block any other tents from going down til you arrive!

If that happens, someone please take photos so I can comment. B)

No doubt they will love... no doubt they will.... I can't wait to see the captions on those....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Out of all the events to choose from at these two sites, the most likely to meet all the necessary criteria for the best turn-out would be the first weekend of June at Ft. De Chartres. Most classes are out by then, the weather is most likely to be thebest (but it is absolutely un-predictable in this part of the country at any time of year), and it is far enough removed from PiP to allow for time/money preparations for both events. Also, there is a very good variety of vendors and it is not juried other than vendors goods are somewhat screened so as not to be too farby. It is usually a large turn-out. The November Ft. De Chartres is my favorite, as the event evolved into a huge encampment from a woods-walk event that started out relatively small several years ago, but that probably squeezes too many folks too close to PiP. However, for the consideration of the crewe, the Ft. Osage events sponsored by CoHT ( Coalition of Historical Trekkers)are smaller, but much more "family-like" and we always have a good tavern night, some really talented craftsmen, lots of "blanket trading" and an auction of donated items, workshops and lectures,Camp supper (pot-luck PLUS!!!) etc. The spring (April I think) event may be too early for most, and the September one too close to PiP.

Just some basic information for your consideration.

http://www.coht.org/

Bo

I'm not opposed to June at Ft. De Chartres and/or September at Ft. Osage, and as we're so wide spread, picking any one date and location for all may be impossible. Michael was also looking into an event on Lake Erie which sounds very promising, so we'll leave this discussion open ended until we learna little bit more. Still, any members of the crew wishing to represent the Mercury at events more convenient to themselves are more than welcome to. I'm sending out flag patterns to several crew members who have asked, so we'll have no shortage of Mercury jacks flying about the country.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'm not opposed to June at Ft. De Chartres and/or September at Ft. Osage, and as we're so wide spread, picking any one date and location for all may be impossible. Michael was also looking into an event on Lake Erie which sounds very promising, so we'll leave this discussion open ended until we learna little bit more. Still, any members of the crew wishing to represent the Mercury at events more convenient to themselves are more than welcome to. I'm sending out flag patterns to several crew members who have asked, so we'll have no shortage of Mercury jacks flying about the country.

William, I greatly appreciate the consideration, but I think with the Ft. De Chartres event being in early June and the possible northern Ohio event being in late June, there shouldn't be too much overlap or conflict. As this will be a first year for the northern Ohio festival I don't expect too much out of it. Of the two (De Chartes or Ft. Osage), I would prefer to make a run of the De Chartres event... But I will go with whatever decision the consensus comes to. As a final thought, we already have two good events and a strong chance of a third in Ohio, and I don't want to be greedy... So let's all head to Missouri! B)

Michael_banner.jpg

In case he doesn't pop on the pub, he's sometimes slow about these things, I can give him a call and report back. If he says no, I will be up there and can selflessly throw my body on the ground and block any other tents from going down til you arrive! Too much? Perhaps... maybe i'll just whine a lot...that works too.

OK, talked to Sgt Johnson. He said Do it! We just need to get a tally of how many of us there will be and general tent footprints and he will take care of the rest.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Oh man ...I need to quit work and just attend events. Someone needs to just pay us all to be pirates EVERY weekend all across the nation. Can we get them to do a reality show? I think we could even drum up enough drama if it is needed! "Real Re-enactors: Pirates" hehe