Pewter or Dorset

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use Pewter Buttons or Dorset buttons

• Pewter
    • Dorset

Mr. Roberts, i must say i much prefer your dorset buttons, not only because they are quite pleasing to the eye, bbbuut because they are not a common sight(except for the ones by our own lady brower), and thus create an opportunity to enlighten people to their existence.........and as i said...they look GOOD

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Mr. Roberts, i must say i much prefer your dorset buttons, not only because they are quite pleasing to the eye, bbbuut because they are not a common sight(except for the ones by our own lady brower), and thus create an opportunity to enlighten people to their existence.........and as i said...they look GOOD

i find myself in aggreement with this Mr.Tignor sir.....for the very same reasons.....in the Archangel crewe...we strive not to look like each other...or wear the same garments or wepoans etcetc...so that we may show the variety and subtle-t's of the era....the more not like evryone else the better....and i allready have pewter on mine...soo there... :P

i say the dorset....

wait...do you have any Pewter Dorset buttons?? :unsure:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Aye but this is for the uniform coat... I do like the dorset buttons for a change...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I like the dorset. with your colors there, they look like they really belong there, yet are still interesting to look at and unique. They are very well done, by the way.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Thanks for all the replies. My worry was that they would look out of place for a QuarterMaster. I know being an officer I would have nicer things but I didn't want to lose that down to earth feel. I was afraid that the Dorset buttons would look too fancy. Thanks for all the responses. It looks like I shall be placing the dorset's on soon.

Hey Jack,

Keep in mind that the slop contracts specify "black buttons" on a few different items... While unfortunately what exactly "black buttons" are is never clarified (as far as I know), the possibility that black buttons were some form of thread buttons, like dorset buttons is just as good as any of the other theories as to what they are.

In fact at first my favourite theory was that "black buttons" were likely fabric or fabric covered buttons, lately I have been leaning more towards the theory of one of the thread styled buttons is what they were.

And P.S. the buttons looks awesome, way better than the pewter ones, not that the pewter looked bad, the dorsets just look that much more awesome.

Michael_banner.jpg

To throw my small thought in . . .

In that particular jacket, the dorsets look real good. You can always use pewter on other jackets too.

Like someone else said: many have pewter ones. How many have dorset ones?

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

A fine coat that is Mr.Roberts, very fine! It has character now too.....tis one o' me favorite colors.......such pretty buttons.................bet it twould fit too.........*cough ......... Well done sir, i dare say you should'nt leave it lying about..................

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

• 2 weeks later...