Pyrate Trading Cards

Pew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cards arrived in the mail today. OMG, "The Haunted Pyrate Patrick Hand" is a classic! And Kate, the batik skull is awesome! (thinking where I could add it as a patch to something—jacket, shirt, hat,???)

Great job, everyone!!! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Pics?

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Halloween Pyrate Trading Cards:

DSC_0271.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated! ;)

(BTW did everyone received theirs?)

The previous rounds of PTC's:

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

Keep a weather eye out for the next round . . . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• 2 months later...

Bump... Is this a good time to start rallying for another round of these? Is there enough people interested? Post your interest here, and if enough people are interested we can start a new topic/thread to get another round going (and draw straws on who gets to be the next cat-herder, but I'll volunteer if no one else really wants to).

Michael_banner.jpg

I'm in too. I'd be happy to wrangle if needed

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Yeah... I'm in again....

And I second PEW's vote fer Michael fer Cat-herder.... (dang... ain't Democracy grand..He ain't even askin' fer th' job, and we votes 'im th' possition....)

Ahoy! Could Gertie be a part o' this here endeavour?

Of course you can... Just to rehash the basics.... All are welcome, each participant creates 10 cards (all the same or 10 different ones if you prefer, either works). All participants send the cards to the cat-herder (which is looking to be me this time), and then I send each person one card from each artist. Self addressed stamped envelopes are preferred, and we usually put a one month deadline on the cards... Try to keep the cards at about 21/2 inches by 31/2 inches. For a more detailed review as to what this is all about read This Post!... So far that makes about 5 interested folks...

Patrick Hand

J8ksdad

Pew

Gunpowder Gertie

Michael Bagley

Which means we're half way there! (although we could do it with 8 or 9 if we can't scrounge up 10)

Michael_banner.jpg

I'm sure we could throw Ransom on that list as well. ;)

I just love being volunteered for things. :lol:

LOL Sure, I'm in. Are we doing a theme again, like we did for Halloween? That was kinda fun.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I just love being volunteered for things. :lol:

LOL Sure, I'm in. Are we doing a theme again, like we did for Halloween? That was kinda fun.

The wife asked me the same question, but it is too late to consider "pirate romance" for Valentine's day, and what theme would work with a late March deadline? A theme would be fun, we just need to think of one that would work with the time of year, or just a random theme that is not time of year reliant... Or we could say screw conventions and do whatever we want. ;)

Ransom puts us up to 6, so if we can find 4 more, we are good to go!

Michael_banner.jpg

Having noted many of the posts in the update bar are concerning the weather, and during this time of year the weather can be quite fickle, maybe that would be a fun theme. Good weather, bad weather, squalls, doldrums, hurricanes, etc. ?????

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I just threw that out there as an example. If someone else has a better theme idea, shout it out. Actually, I thought the theme of being "Lost" would also be fun. I mean, a pirate could end up lost almost anywhere! <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Any more info/dates set for this, or are we too short of participants? ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg