Pyrate Trading Cards

Pew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the cutting diagram! An excellent way to make the most out of the cards stock.

I set up all my business cards on a similar template.

Does anyone laminate their cards? ("oh yes, that's very piratey...")

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Brig also reminded me. . . .be sure to include an SASE that'll fit 8 PTC's . . .

:rolleyes: Okay, I thought you said do 10 PTCs??? That's what I sent.

Also, we never included a SASE before, since there is no way to know how heavy the end results of the cards might be, or that they would fit into a regular envelope. Cannibal Chrispy did very 3-D cards that wouldn't have survived in a regular envelope. It's kinda a given, here on the Pub, that he who wrangles, pays the postage. :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

No biggie Ransom. That's cool . . . :rolleyes:

I sent a SASE last time. If I send 10 cards, then I'll get 10 cards, should be nearly the same postage. But again, it's not a big deal. Maybe I'll just keep them all . . . muhahahahahahahaha

Mad_scientist_caricature_2.png

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

**Ransom back-peddles with embarrassment** You did send a SASE last time? Was I supposed to, and screwed up! Yikes!

I do know that when I did the first round of cards, Cannibal Chrispy's would have been smashed to bits of I had sent all the cards back out in a regular envelope. I don't know that mine this time will fare too well in a regular one either, being a little...bony. LOL :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Putting the finishing touches on mine (nothing like last minute!) and wanted to be sure of the participants. Is this still a correct accounting?

Muster

* Pew

* michaelsbagley

* Ransom

* Patrick Hand

* pyrateleather

* Brig

* Nigel

* RedJessi

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Muster looks good to me. Like I said, I made ten cards, so the wrangler can keep an extra one, and then he can decide who gets the other bonus card! LOL

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

4pm mail has come.

I only have Ransom and pyrateleather's cards.

They are looking to go out on Monday should I receive them Saturday . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

No worries Brig. I received yours and Red Jessi's today.

Still waiting on a few more sets before they can go out.

Okay, I am going to have to admit some guilt here. I meant to send them Saturday (the deadline posted in the first post was for Oct. 31st), but shopping for a home and dealing with all the frustrations regarding that kept me from the post office that day... Monday was no better for me, Tuesday, I just plain simply forgot from all the worries and distractions.. But I did get them sent today.

I tried to send them overnight, but the lady at the post office informed me that the best they could do was guarantee delivery by Friday before 3:00 PM.

*Bows my head in shame* Sorry about the delay, even more so because I had the cards completed on time, I just didn't make it to the post office on time.

Michael_banner.jpg

No worries Michael. I try to emphasize the "no stress" part of our PTC's. Sounds like you're under a ton of it without worrying about us. Thank you for participating, hope the house goes well.

pirate30.gif

(BTW, we're still waiting on Nigel as well . . . )

I have sent a pm to Nigel to inquire if he is still participating. I have not heard back from him, so I am going to send the cards out that I have received. I'll wait until Wednesday. They will be going to post Thursday, so many of you should have them by Saturday.