Pyrate Trading Cards

Pew

A CALL TO ARMS!!

'Tis nearly time for the third round of the Pyrate Trading Cards.

But don't jump t' yer craft table jus' yet. 'Tis merely an inquiry for participating players.

Wot's a Pyrate Trading Card you ask?

Pirated from R's original post:

Artist Trading Cards or ATCs, are small works of art traded among artists. The challenge is to be as creative as possible on a small scale. For more information on ATCs click HERE.

I'm calling the ones we will do PTCs = Pyrate Trading Cards. The artwork will be the same as the journals—anything goes. The BIG difference between the PTCs and the journals, is that there will be no waiting months and months for a book to come back. PTCs are a one-shot deal.

Here is how it will work, if the max of ten people sign on.

1. Each person makes ten cards, one for each player plus themselves — they can all be the same design, or all different.

2. You mail all the cards to me. Include a SASE for return delivery. As the cards come in, I will divide them among each of the envelopes/players.

3. When all the cards are in to me (I will set a deadline), and divided up, I mail them out to all the players.

4. Each artist then receives a packet containing one PTC from each player, for a total of ten.

Done. From start to finish, it shouldn't take more than a month, or month and a half at most.

You can display the PTCs in small photo albums, frame them as a group, or for those who have already participated in the journal rounds, you can add these to the empty back pages.

So, who wants to play? And remember...it's a QUICK, one-shot deal. No waiting up to a year for a book to come back.

We'll use September/ October for the next round. To be mailed out on October 31st . . . .eeeeeeevil details as to the theme of this round to follow.

Muster

1. Pew
  2. michaelsbagley
  3. Ransom
  4. Patrick Hand
  5. pyrateleather
  6. Brig
  7. Nigel

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If no one else will.... I'll cat wrangle the next round.... but it starts on Halloween.....

All cards must be mailed on October 30th. (a Friday) or on Halloween Saturday October 31st.......

Those wot fall behind get left behind........

I will start a new thread.... if ye can't play, don't sign up... if you can... cool......

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still on? Is the deadline still Oct. 30? Haven't heard anything in a while. What is the final count of players so I know how many cards to make.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I don't know.....

I volunteered to run the Scary Pyrate Trading Card Round (all cards sent on Oct 30 or 31st.), but PEW already has a list of people who wanna play,

So I don't know if I'm wrangling this round of if PEW wants to.........

I don't mind running this one . . .

Muster

1. Pew
  2. michaelsbagley
  3. Ransom
  4. Patrick Hand
  5. pyrateleather
  6. Brig
  7. Nigel

I may also have one more who would like to join.

19.gif

Remember, the theme is piratey/ ghosty/ undead/ haunted ships, etc . . . to be mailed to myself on Oct 31, (I'll pm my addy this week) . . .

9.gif

What is the final count of players so I know how many cards to make.

Let's all aim for 10 cards. We may have 8 participants, (maybe more) but each person should receive 10 cards.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I don't want to rock the boat on this one... But making the deadline a couple of days after Halloween could give some of us more material to add into these. I've got enough material now to go ahead, but fresh sources are generally more fun to work with, so I thought I would toss the idea out there in case anyone agreed. Although I do see the counter point that these are Halloween cards and getting them close to Halloween is more seasonal, and a few days postponement on the delivery of the cards could cause the cards to get to their end locations long enough after Halloween to lose the charm.

Thoughts?

Michael_banner.jpg

I don't know, Michael, there is a ton of Halloween stuff out right now. Just go to any...Michael's :( ...and ck it out. I can't see that delaying the due date is going to make much of a difference. If you wait, do they then become Thanksgiving PTCs ? LOL

Hmmm, a pyrate Thanksgiving...now, that would be a fun theme for a Thanksgiving dinner. :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I don't know, Michael, there is a ton of Halloween stuff out right now. Just go to any...Michael's :( ...and ck it out. I can't see that delaying the due date is going to make much of a difference. If you wait, do they then become Thanksgiving PTCs ? LOL

Hmmm, a pyrate Thanksgiving...now, that would be a fun theme for a Thanksgiving dinner. :(

All good points... I guess I was being vague. I guess my main thought was that I will have more photos (of me and the wife) to work with for mixed media style cards after Halloween. But you're right, the potential benefits of the additional source materials will likely put the date back to the point where it would be Thanksgiving before everyone got their cards.

Forget I brought it up! :( On to planning.

Michael_banner.jpg

Welllllll . . .figger Devil's Night is October 30th, Halloween is October 31st, Day of the Dead is November 1st, and All Souls' day is November 2nd. We gots ourselves a hodge-podge o' ghoulish celebrations . . .

Sugar Skulls anyone?

hmp_MiniSugarSkulls.jpg

Thought I would re-post this link. Kate posted it in the first round thread, and I've used it ever since. Ta, Kate! ;)

Cutting diagram for PTCs

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey, Pew, I need your addy. Me cards are done. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

19.gif

Just a heave-ho for all those participating . . .shoot me a pm when you get done and I'll return my snail mail addy to ya. Remember, the shorter side of two weeks we have left. I can send them off prior to Halloween, but if I don't receive them all by 10/30, you guys will get them mailed off on All Soul's Day (11/2). No biggie, but I'll be sitting in Devil's Den in Gettysburg during the night of the 31st . . . .

6.gif

Mine got mailed off to you on Monday. Keep a weather eye out for them. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg