6 Gun Baldric

PoD

This is my interpretation of the baldric that blackbeard wore holding his 6 flintlocks. It's very similar to the one worn in the Blackbeard mini series shown on the BBC.

blackbeard.jpg

My next project is the versions of the baldric as seen in the woodcut images from the period.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

OK, I see that the upper four are non-firing, but what about the lower two? Also, where did you get them, as I love the detail on the barrels!

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

OK, I see that the upper four are non-firing, but what about the lower two? Also, where did you get them, as I love the detail on the barrels!

The lower 2 are just replicas too. The large one with the black barrel in the Replicart 17th century French pistol i got here (I fitted a belt hook onto it myself) and the other is a Denix dualing pistol (Italian i think) i got off ebay.

bannerad.jpg

Looks good, but I can't imangine it holding in place with the weight of real pistols unless Im not seeing something.

I'm hopefully going to get another 4 replicas at some point to test that out. The top 4 are just plastic in the picture so with the sword and the bottom 2 actual replicas it holds in place ok.

bannerad.jpg

Are those "real ?"......

Hey, for that project, does it really matter that much?....

"Look I made a holster that can hold a buncha guns. Like Blackbeard was reported to do".... and now we are questioning the guns?

That wasn't what the topic was about.... it was the holster... not the guns....

• 3 weeks later...

The 6 gun baldric on the Blackbeard maniquin at the Teach's Hole Pirate museum is simular to what the wood cuts show. I actually got a chance to try it on when I played Blackbeard there and other than it being extremly heavy it looked awesome! Don't remember who made it but if you e-mail them they can tell you. If you haven't been to the website before it's www.teachshole.com and the owners are really great people.