The Baby Lion Chronicles

I seem to be coming across a lot of opportunities to travel lately and I usually take my good pal and traveling companion Baby Lion with me to chronicle the things I see.

Baby Lion and I were in Honduras in June. I took lots of pictures of him (like any proud father) and decided to continue to chronicle his trips. You can read about Baby Lion's latest adventures in Honduras on this web page. (It is sort of written for Grace, but adults may enjoy it as well. :D )

On a more serious note, it just so happened that I was there the weekend that the military threw their president out of the country. It was quite interesting; you can read some of my thoughts on what happened on this web page.

Now, for those of you who don't read the PiP forum, you may be wondering who the heck Baby Lion is? He's a little Lion created for me by 8-year old powder-monkey Grace Thatcher. She's the daughter of Mercury crew members Silas and Lady Constance Thatcher. (Grace may be 9 now - I last saw her at PiP in 2008). Of course, there's a whole story about Baby Lion, but I'm not going to tell it here. If you want to know more about Grace and how BL came to be in my life, see this page. You can also find out about his adventures in Mexico

If BL takes any more trips, I'll be sure to take photos and write it up for Grace. (I'll links in here so the rest of you can see what BL is up to if you're interested.)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well I didn't have time to read the Baby Lion chronicle yesterday (although I did skim the beginning), I did read the tale of the "Bebe gato" and that was just awesome. Dude your stories need to come with warnings, you almost had me tearing up at my desk!

Michael_banner.jpg

Man...BL and Lob are gonna have to hang out at Paynestown....

Thanks everyone for the comments. I was starting to think this one was a miss (too long or something) since only Michael seemed to have read it. Please read it to Grace - I really do try and keep her in mind when I write it...although I can't resist popping in little adult jokes here and there. (Heck even Bugs Bunny did that...)

You know, in as much seriousness as I can muster for this topic - I don't mean to steal any of Lob's thunder here. Baby Lion aspires to be as daring as Lob. ;) (I had actually thought about asking you guys to let me post stuff for Lob on his wall.)

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

mission--- BL's chronic-claws { pun just for you} are fabulous!! and grace shall be shown and read them tomorrow --

raphael mission.. doest thou knowest what combining rapheal and mission together semantically equates to?

tell me, do you know what raphael is the angel of ? { i do!!}

i suppose, perhaps, that you have not considered what each means ?and the combination?? ahh the sublime suprise of words contrued together that seem to mean nothing, but speak volumes!

the mystery of it all......the great mystery that we cannot know what we actually mean adn do to those around us,,,,,,,

now as to make this not so sappy ... i must say that i have NO idea what this shall mean and cause grace to do or to muse upon.......and if i must intruct on POC baby lion wardrobes,accoutrements and coordinated outfits..... i shall not find this so enchanting....

just remember that YOU, Raphael Mission , started this..and she will want to know if your name has changed and why--so perhaps begin thinking how you shall answer.........

9 year olds can come up with some doozies........ i shall concoct some story about some angelic being touching you while you slept....{ i will leave out the dead fish guts part}

I spent a great deal of time choosing a given name for the surname Mission; it has to do with the meaning of the name in French. See, Misson is French (my namesake), but I've always thought of my surgeon character as English. (No one wants to hear me play at being French. Trust me. Even Pepe le Pew would be appalled at how I would mangle that.) So basically it just comes down to the fact that there is a disconnect between my username and my character name - I prefer to just be called 'Mission' when in character. The username has existed since 2002 when I joined another pirate board and misspelled the name I really wanted. The character was created in 2007 for PiP.

BTW, I didn't change my name; I just added a given name. (This all has to do with getting 1000 posts under each username - that it when your icon becomes the skull. I like the skull. So at this rate I'll have to come up with another username in 6 or 8 months when this username gets 1000 posts. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.)

If you really want to confuse Grace, you can explain that my username has changed from Mission to Misson to Caraciolli to Rapheal Mission. (There is actually logic to that progression.)

Mission--

your corpus collosum is definitely increasing in size-- as evidenced by your ability to shift topics in one fell swoop...lightneing strikes on one side of your brain travel swiftly to the other side!!

personally, i like watching your mind meandering all over to nether regions of your intellect...

knowingly or not, you are into meta physics........

lady constance

Dearest Mission, with a heart of gold ~ thank you for another wonderful chapter.

How many Donna's do you know?

And a head of logic.

Donnas? Well, there's the one I met at PiP...and...I think that's about it. (I'm certain I've met others, but that's the only one I'd call a friend.) See, I figured she was too busy to read that thing.

Edited by Raphael Misson