When Real & Pirate Life Collide

hurricane

So, I've been writing a website for the last 10 days on brain and spine cancer. Boy, it's scary stuff if you're a hypochondriac.

I know that I need to go pirating when I was writing about Enostosis, which a form of bone island tumor in the spine. And I suddenly think, "Enostoris Buccaneers", the Bone Island crewe in a medical world. And then I start tying "spike" instead of "spine". Egad, I need a break.

Anyone else find their pirate lives crossing over into the real world of work?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Real life? What's that... I'm a full time pirate "crew mother" these days....

Though while I was in school everything related back to piracy (Spanish and Geography in particular... and of course there were elements of World's End in Contemporary novel which went quite well with piracy...)

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Not long ago, I changed locations for my place of work--same company, different office. A few weeks after I moved, one of the staff from the old location called. In his very prim, dignified voice, he said that a "Mr. Wobble" had been inquiring after me, and that he would see me in St. Augustine shortly.

I had to explain that this pertained to my "other" life, but it was a rather amusing confluence of vocation and avocation.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

There are times at work that I have to keep a check on my alter ego. Sometimes I just want to gut and behead my co-workers. :D

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

i say "aye" quite a bit, as well as a few other archaic words....most people notice i think but dont say anything, they all think i have a british accent anyway(idk why).....but pyracy and my job are about one in the same anyway, so it looks better if i bring it to work(tall ship)!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Management at work has this annoying tendency to begin emails with a cold, informal "All" instead of a more friendly greeting. In "retaliation" I like to begin mine with "Ahoy" and end them with "Yrs&c".

I was working on 3-mile lines for awhile... which supposedly have their origins in the range of shore based artillery.

And I did spend the first four months or so of the year working on a paper for a conference that was all about underwater cultural heritage and nautical charting. I tried squeezing as much pirate into that as I could.

:o

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Oh, I've lost count how many times I reply "Aye" rather than "yes". Or some other slip of the tongue in all piratey lingo when I'm not even thinking. ALMOST embarassing. Almost. :o

I just get the oddest looks by co-workers and whomever else that just has absolutely no clue.

Life? What normal, regular life? :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It happens almost everyday when I get out of work....I get into my kit and start my second job.....it goes something like this

Video of my second job

i love that show sssoooo very much.....awesome ;)

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........