Lockhouse: After Action Report

Kate Souris

thanks for forcing drink on us kate, im vvveerryyy sure we would have passed out from dehydration otherwise...after all, we cant live off alcohol alone.....or...can we.....

Edited by Mr.Tignor

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

No we can not.

Take it from someone who once suffered dehydration at the hands of Captain Morgan. Some years ago I had to have 3 liters of saline dripped into me, I threw up nothing but stomach acid and shivered under a blanket while the tempeatures hovered around 90F. DRINK FLUIDS ALL DAY LONG!

I love this one

DSC_0384.jpg

Everyone of the ladies in period clothes! It looks awesome. It's one thing to see the men lined up but a bunch of ladies in Stays and Muantua's, that looks like something straight out of the history books. Good show!

That's by far my favorite picture.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I love this one

DSC_0384.jpg

Everyone of the ladies in period clothes! It looks awesome. It's one thing to see the men lined up but a bunch of ladies in Stays and Muantua's, that looks like something straight out of the history books. Good show!

That's by far my favorite picture.

Now... imagine having all four of them following you around at the big party as an entourage... life can be so grand.

;)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Black john is sssooo freaking cool its beyond words(and amazingly funny)
I am touched, sir. Your kind words have moved me, so much so that I am going to stand up and bow to you right here in front of my screen. Thank you.

;)

And likewise from me to you... it was a genuine pleasure to have you in our midst. Your wit was greatly appreciated, especially on that long walk around the Lockhouse pond to the battlefield.

;)

to all who leant me their variouse weapons and things THANK YOU soo much, it really helped make my weekend!
I was getting a kick out of watching you fire Vera (my blunderbuss... my apologies for not making the proper introductions during the event).
I hope to see you all in the future, though that might be a while lol....would you believe that the car broke down in D.C....i swear thats the worst luck.....i hope to make this again in november, mother permitting.................. All the best mates, Cheers!

Sorry to hear about the car. Good luck with the repairs!

I hope you can make it back for...

"Saturday, November 7th and Sunday, November 8th, 2009: Pirates by the Bay! Visit pirate camps and watch the attacks. Learn the real history of piracy and its connections to Havre de Grace."

Also... while we won't have the big "too do" right there at the Lockhouse in November, last year we were invited out for an evening on the cruise boat...ship... owned by the the previous director of the Lockhouse.

My Home on the Web

I have probably repeated myself several times...but that is a testament as to the caliber if the event and the people there!!! Well worth every moment....although....we do need more rum doxies ;)

I think we are blessed with some top notch reenactors, especially among the militia types. And the Rangers didn't even show up for this one. They'll be there in November, and hopefully Rick will come back, this time with a few more of his guys, as well as the bronze field piece.

And yes, we need more rum doxies. Especially since one of mine is going away to England for a year!

My Home on the Web