Lockhouse: After Action Report

Kate Souris

So we're almost home and I couldn't wait to post about this event. So here I am, feet up on the dashboard, still in kitn toes poking through the holes in my stockings, posting on my pink Blackberry. Yeah, that's right.

Mickey and I arrived in Havre De Grace at 4:30 Friday afternoon, a stark contrast to our usual 2 am show times. Also, we didn't get lost once or have to call anyone for directions!

Black John showed up not long after and we stood around and talked a while before starting to set up camp under a lovely shade tree. Shortly, the Half Moon Maurauders showed up and pitched camp too. Lady Brower and I had been yapping on the phone and pm-ing back and forth for a few weeks, we we were quick friends. Oh. Her husband's pretty awesome too. Crew too.

Instead of cooking, we went out to dinner at a fabulous Irish Pubn ate too much, drank too much, then headed back to camp to drink more. I, however, went to bed. But before that, Black John so kindly asked me what I wanted to do on Saturday. To which I replied: "I want to blow some crap up".

And so we did. Many battles ensued much to the abject delight of the obviously entertainment starved public. I got to shoot and even be on a canon crew. Huzzah! The battles were fantastic and completely a surprise, especially when Munk decided to drop his weapon and charge the militia with an axe, only to die gloriously in battle.

Mickey Souris, being the French Canadian that he is, ran away screaming from battle (something about his gun 'wiffing')n only to sneak up behind the invading pirate cre, shoot the Captain and promptly draw the battle to a conculsion.

Fabulous event. The hospitality was wonderful, the company was more than fantasticn and this is definately an event we will go back to.

Banner.jpg

I don't even know where to start on this one. My crew was delighted to be there, and as previously stated, the hospitality was amazing. We felt quite welcome and certainly appreciate also being able to partake in battle with borrowed weapons. I can't believe I was actually allowed to shoot! (just not near anyone... lol) I do have to apologize for any bruises left on Munk by my spoon. It was very nice to see "my boys" involved, and everyone there was so encouraging and willing to help. I can't wait to do more events like this- is having been our first "period" pirate encampment. What a way to start!

I was so excited to get there (and especially to meet my new friend, the lovely Kate) I was squeaking in the car and bouncing up and down. Hubby said it was like when you bring a kid to the zoo for the first time. We met so many wonderful people this weekend, I can't even believe it. (pirates are such lovely people!)

Definitely learned a lot, and everyone is not addicted to black powder!

Oh, and I'm sorry to disappoint but I managed not to catch fire. Sorry Kate!LOL.

Edited by LadyBrower

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

lol. Had to leave that to Kate. I lost my camera, then found it, took two drunken pictures from the perspective of my drunken position laying in the grass and then it died.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Fantastic Event. Had a lot of fun and will be coming back for sure!! It was so great to meet the people behind the Pub names!! To meet the people who have been teaching me so much and didnt even realize it lol, but everyone was great..Mike and "Kate"....it was ALOT of fun to hang out with you two....although Mr. Whiffer had better make sure to keep his hands off my flag otherwise my alter ego "Big Red" will come for you!! lol....but I do have to thank you for loan of the horse pistol...I am now an addict, so I have to go buy one now!!! BlackJohn and crew....wow!! again I say..wow!! This is an event that will be talked about amongst our crew until november...and even beyond then....This was such a fantastic event!! Everything ran great...I was taught a great deal by everyone there and for that I am eternally grateful!! Mr. Tignor....You sir were great...glad to meet you as well..I will see you at many events in the future and I look forward to it....There are tons of people I want to thank but I am not sure I can remember EVERYONE'S name...but I am still grateful for all of your help and companionship!!!!

As far as Lady Brower catching on fire......

Kate....you and I have to talk.....we have plans we need to discuss MWAHAHAHAHA

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

lol....I am waiting too...Lady Brower passed out though :-P Doubt she is waking up early tomorrow

Edit...I am tired....easiest way to tell....I use 'lol' waaaaayyyy too many times lol

Edited by Kian McBrian

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Black John so kindly asked me what I wanted to do on Saturday. To which I replied: "I want to blow some crap up".

Hahaha... you have that wonderful combination of charm and chutzpah! I knew right away we were going to get along!

And so we did. Many battles ensued much to the abject delight of the obviously entertainment starved public. I got to shoot and even be on a canon crew. Huzzah! The battles were fantastic and completely a surprise, especially when Munk decided to drop his weapon and charge the militia with an axe, only to die gloriously in battle.

I love Munk. He is one of the most accomplished casualties I have ever seen!

Mickey Souris, being the French Canadian that he is, ran away screaming from battle (something about his gun 'wiffing')n only to sneak up behind the invading pirate cre, shoot the Captain and promptly draw the battle to a conculsion.

That was great. There I am, thinking everyone is dead and the battle "won", when I turn around and see this red-coated fellow take a shot at me. I slapped my forehead and dropped to the ground. It's always a pleasure to take a hit for/from a friend. Just like when I shot Munk while he was on the bridge. For a second there I thought he was going to drop into the water. And I bet he would have, if the water was a little more "user-friendly."

Fabulous event. The hospitality was wonderful, the company was more than fantasticn and this is definately an event we will go back to.

Thanks! You know... it takes "two" to make an event great. We couldn't have done it without all of you. I know I speak for the Pirate Brethren when I say we look forward to seeing all of you for the "Fall Edition" come November!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I don't even know where to start on this one. My crew was delighted to be there, and as previously stated, the hospitality was amazing.

I know what you mean. In a way, it's all one big blur. So much fun compacted into so little a space of time, I think it is hard for the brain to assimilate (yes, on Sunday I was a borg!) it all. That being said, it was a pleasure and an honor to meet both you and your crew.

You, madam, have made an amazing kit in just a short time. *applause*

We felt quite welcome and certainly appreciate also being able to partake in battle with borrowed weapons.

That's part of the fun! When I was new to this hobby, people were kind enough to lend and share with me. I honor them by doing the same.

I can't believe I was actually allowed to shoot! (just not near anyone... lol) I do have to apologize for any bruises left on Munk by my spoon. It was very nice to see "my boys" involved, and everyone there was so encouraging and willing to help. I can't wait to do more events like this- is having been our first "period" pirate encampment. What a way to start!

Thank you for being there. You've done a great job, and I can't wait to see how much progress you have made the next time we see you!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Terrific shots Kate. Looks like a great time. But they let a woman shoot? What is our world coming to? :P

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

This is what the guy in the background is thinking...

"Drat...Mister Tignor has a better mug than mine."

DSC_0414.jpg

lol i dont know...his holds alot more...lol

As for the event, wwherreee do i even begin! Big thanks to Mike and Kate for being so VERY VERY kind to me, you guys have helped me out so many times, if i can ever do anything for you just say it! To black john and the pyrate brethren... WWOOWWWW you guys are amazing! Black john is sssooo freaking cool its beyond words(and amazingly funny), to all who leant me their variouse weapons and things THANK YOU soo much, it really helped make my weekend! To the healf moon marauders, you guys were aaawwwssoommee, lady browers sewing is as good as it comes, and shes a top notch gal to boot( i <3 yee), kian"big red" sir you were so much fun to hang with, i shall remember the alcohol run for quite some time! To Crimson and his crew, so much fun to hang with you guys! I hope to see you all in the future, though that might be a while lol....would you believe that the car broke down in D.C....i swear thats the worst luck.....i hope to make this again in november, mother permitting.................. All the best mates, Cheers!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

The event was a blast!!

Black John and the Pirate Brethren: Thank you for a great event!! I cant say enough about it!!!

Reggie: That rum run in kit was well worth it...and size doesnt matter....its how you handle yourself lol

Mike and Kate: It was great to meet you two. I really hope to see you two again real soon!! Remember..call us if you are going to be in our neck of the woods...I know you want to get to NYC soon

Mike: Thank you for the loan of the "BOOMSTICK" and the red coat....now I might have to get my own and defect once in a while lol......

Kate: Awesome pictures and great food!!! And yes...women shooting black powder is HOT!! lol

Tartan Jack: We hope to see you down there some time...its always nice to have a fellow Celt amongst the group...we need to fight back those damn Canadians before they protest on the White House lawn and become legalized!!!

I have probably repeated myself several times...but that is a testament as to the caliber if the event and the people there!!! Well worth every moment....although....we do need more rum doxies ;)

Half Moon Marauders