Recent Posts

I know when it first popped up, the "new posts" was where it used to be, but didn't seem to work. I was on that late (it was like 12 or 1 eastern daylight time).

I trust Stynky is figuring out an alternative and/or fix.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I don't see anything like the "See all unread topics" link as before. Is something like that in the works? It was a real time saver. I don't want to have to visit every sub-forum to see if there's an interesting thread going on.

Never mind, I missed the "view new content" link. Apparently every post is new right now, so that may be a bug.

VIEW NEW CONTENT / RECENT POSTS:

I really liked this function too, thanks Mission for the original suggestion. It's on the list and I hope I'll be able to restore it soon.

UNREAD FORUMS:

Up in the title bar, at the top right of every forum there is a '(Mark this forum as read)' text option you can select. I'm not going to classify this as a bug, sorry I'm writing this one off as one of those annoying things.

Am I the only one where "new posts" doesn't seem to include all the new posts?

- When I hit that, it only shows a few from today, while when I hit the individual forums, I see a lot more new posts.

- When I hit that, it only shows a few from today, while when I hit the individual forums, I see a lot more new posts.

The New Posts issue is on the list of things to fix. There are a few settings here and there that are being toyed with and examined. Stynky will have it all up and running very soon.

In the meantime, let me just say that this interface seems a lot more user friendly. I'm liking it.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I noticed the same thing, Tartan. Hopefully that will be an easy and quick fix, as "new content" was the only area I ever visited (saved soooo much time.) Currently "Recent Posts" doesn't quite measure up.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I noticed the same thing, Tartan. Hopefully that will be an easy and quick fix, as "new content" was the only area I ever visited (saved soooo much time.) Currently "Recent Posts" doesn't quite measure up.

The Administration interface is a bit busy right now - recompiling Posts and PMs, but I seem to remember a mention that by default a 15 min delay was in place to keep things CPU & webserver friendly. I'm pretty sure I can change that and I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

Thanks, Stynky for all that your doing on here!

Not a problem - just let me know if you notice any difference for better or worse. . . I'm probably playing around with too many options at once.

I thought this at first, but I believe I have determined what's really happening. The new function doesn't display new posts, it displays unread posts. The old function used to display posts based on the time they were posted, with no regard to whether you had read them or not. I didn't like this at first, but then I got used to it. (Aiieee! Noooo! Change! :( ) It actually gives you a little more control. Plus, with the "Mark Board as Read" function at the bottom of the page, you get clean the "View New Content" display right up.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

But, it isn't showing threads like the "pirates decent" one when new posts are made, at least for me.

The Twill ones don't show up, nor several of the other forums. I have to look individual forums to find threads I have been following which have new posts but are not in the New Posts.

It looks like only completely unread threads are showing up, not ones I have read and posted in. Am I seeing that right?

Hmm. I haven't noticed that. I just checked Beyond and the VNC function seemed to reflect the unread post for me. (The WAG thread...you know, come to think of it, I might actually pay not to be notified when that thread received posts... :(;) )

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I don't know if you changed settings, but it seems to work better now.

I "nuked" the unread posts ("Mark Board As Read" in the small print on the very bottom) and now it shows unread new posts, even those previously read. (YEA!)

Also, "Today's active content" on the bottom shows ALL new post threads in last 24 hours. VERY useful.

Edited by Tartan Jack