Editing Problems

Some things have changed...like my parameters to the pub's 'field of view' doesn’t fit my little 15 inch screen.

When I try to add an attachment such as a link or photo to my post, the ‘field’ where you put said information is cut off on the left hand side of my screen and I cannot move over to view it. Yes, I have tried to adjust my physical screen to adjust to this…but it does not work. Any suggestions?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Some things have changed...like my parameters to the pub's 'field of view' doesn’t fit my little 15 inch screen.

When I try to add an attachment such as a link or photo to my post, the ‘field’ where you put said information is cut off on the left hand side of my screen and I cannot move over to view it. Yes, I have tried to adjust my physical screen to adjust to this…but it does not work. Any suggestions?

Hmm. Is changing the monitor to a higher screen resolution out of the question?

Cheeky what browser are you using? I know Firefox has a zoom function. I'm not sure about IE.

Well...I've waited a bit to see if our kind Stynky worked some more magic on this chat site. Lo and behold...I can! Thank you Stynky for your grand work.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky what browser are you using? I know Firefox has a zoom function. I'm not sure about IE.

Well...I've waited a bit to see if our kind Stynky worked some more magic on this chat site. Lo and behold...I can! Thank you Stynky for your grand work.

So Cheeky, Is your problem solved?

• 3 weeks later...

(Sing songy sounding)....It's Ba..ack!

Today I tried to upload photos from a recent event, and I cannot see the entire pop-up...(far left-justified). What's a girl gonna do but call upon the grand Stynky for help!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

(Sing songy sounding)....It's Ba..ack!

Today I tried to upload photos from a recent event, and I cannot see the entire pop-up...(far left-justified). What's a girl gonna do but call upon the grand Stynky for help!

Sorry Cheeky,

I'm on the road at the moment, some I'm a bit limited in what I can get done - let me look into it.

• 2 months later...

Let me see....(tries to used the Rich Text power bar icon)....

Nope...doesn't seem to work. When I click on the 'photo' icon the pop-up screen is pushed so far to the left, I cannot type anything into its field.

Sigh...work the voodoo you do so well, Stynky!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky Darling,

I can't figure out what this problem is or looks like. . . I thought I understood by your description, then I tried to duplicate it and I can't - I'm not sure whats wrong exactly to fix.

Cheek, have you tried the regular editor vs the rte - rich text editor setting?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hmm had this happen on the Tavern and on some other sites I have run in the past and it was always fixed by making the font smaller so that the whole program shrunk enough to actually "Fit". Im not sure this would fix the problem for Cheeky or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

That's an idea.

To make the page Smaller, hold down the Ctrl key and tap the - minus key a couple times, that should shrink everything. See if your pop-up box/bar still shows up to the extreme left, where you can't reach it.

To make things Bigger, hold down the Ctrl key and hit the + plus key a few times.

To Reset everything, hold down the Ctrl key and hit 0 zero.

This really isn't a Pub side fix, but without an actual visual or anyone else complaining - I'm at a loss to what it is or what to do.

Well...I just found out...it's not the pub...it's my darn computer (work). It seems that I have no problem with my hubby's laptop nor the library computers. So....I need to find out where they are regarding their Java updates are and security too.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Though the Pub does use Javascript, it doesn't use any Java Applets or have anything written in Java.

Javascript being a runtime scripting language like HTML that needs a web browser to read, interrupt and execute v.s. Java being a compilable programing language that can be executed on it's own. . .

Anyway I'm not sure what the point I'm making is, except none of this should really matter.

• 3 months later...

I've been trying to edit my post from this morning over in the Pyracy Pub Town thread and it won't let me. It shows the edit as part of the thread, and not as a separate screen, then it will not let me end it.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I've been trying to edit my post from this morning over in the Pyracy Pub Town thread and it won't let me. It shows the edit as part of the thread, and not as a separate screen, then it will not let me end it.

Hawkyns

What forum is that in?

Pyracy pub towne in Crows Nest

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hawkyns,

I got your PM.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the exact problem is here - I mean it's obviously a formatting issue of some kind, I'm just not able to duplicate it.

Though is sounds familiar to something Cheeky was complaining about that I thought got fixed.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=15484

Let me know if this sounds familiar at all.