Backsword Baskethilt

1stMate Matt

We made this double fullered baskethilt yesterday along with a pair of rapiers and some crazy axes. Anyway. This is a one off blade that I ground from a random piece of alloy. I added some Swatton style fullers up the spine that I think set the piece off. It has a full grind on onbe edge and a flase edge on the back of the blade. The blade is slightly curved and polished.

I would have liked to have speant a few more hours on this guy but I thought I would share it with you all anyway. I believe the customer plans to line the inside of the basket with some leather.

l_41ff2412662343938512ca172f34fd57.jpg

l_99db78704f0840549d3cdd7d18c933b1.jpg

l_248559b5548446039d3d7ea5c4120ab1.jpg

l_0355fa64916847aeadaccad0dccd440c.jpg

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

How much for one similar to the one you showed on this thread?

I am interested in Jacobite as well as pirate reenactment. I need one that could be accurate for the 1715, which would mean it is also good got the 1745 and for the GAoP.

I also need to get a dirk. I may just buy one readymade, as they seem pretty accurate. Do you make those too?

- My thought is that a good dirk could be used for my on-board weapon and the baskethilt for landed.

As for accuracy . . .

I am more along the lines of Black John's group than the less historical stuff. I want as accurate as possible.

I've heard GREAT things about you and your blades.

You can respond my PM. I tried to send this to you that way, but your PM box is full.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg