Reputation Points

With the new software we now have a "Reputation Points". It seems that the only way you get them is members rate your posts!

1 point (Plus or Minus) per post per member. So get to rating your friends.

At least that is how it seems to work.

PS Stynky if I'm wrong please correct me.

I'd turn this feature off. It will create more angst than good will. I have already seen that on far too many boards where this was truned on.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I'd turn this feature off. It will create more angst than good will. I have already seen that on far too many boards where this was truned on.

I second this.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I agree, axe the reputation thing.... While it does have it's merits for trying to prevent personal sniping and what not... there is too much opportunity for abuse with the system, and I see it causing more problems than preventing them....

Michael_banner.jpg

Agree.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I must also comment that iv seen this end horribly before, i also vote for its end......wow we just handled that like a real crew............oh wait if forgot democracy is "popular now"........lol

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

I fourth? Fifth? It's wrecked a lot of good, diverse board cultures, homogenizing them into a group think kool-aid party.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Actually I had it turned off on our previous incarnation - it's just one of those things that turned it's self on during the upgrade and slipped through the cracks. Thanks you Mister Roberts for noticing and saying something about it - it's another thing I'll add it to the Bug/Fix It list, but I should be able to take care of this one rather immediately.

:( I just looked at my name in the members list, and it shows I have a reputation of 5. LOL

Is that on a one to ten scale, in which case, I guess I'm mediocre. :(

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

See, I like the idea of "kudos" like a reward if someone does something good, and people can show appreciation, but we can do that without extra buttons.

I would be sad if I got a "negative" *sniffle* some of us are delicate.... =P

Oh, the pub looks very pretty by they way... Very bright...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

You now have a reputation of 0.

:(

I now have a reputation of -1. (I can demote myself. :( )

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Hey! Cut it out! I'm trolling (so to speak) for the most negative rating on the board! I have been warned off by a moderator, you know.

Geez! It's not cumulative! It keeps track for every single post!

I am at -31 repuation and I am rated bad. (Not that I would ever rate myself! That would be cheating. LMAO)

Which of course, is very good for a pirate.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

You get your overall rating by going to your profile page.

(Too funny, I am now at -51! LMAO)

Edited by Graydog

Just bring back the warning status. I was having fun with that. :P

The Warning system should still be there - to the left, at the bottom, under the avatar.

I think this reputation thing is hard wired/coded in, I've dug through all the settings and can't find a reference.

I really don't feel like digging through code, they've rewritten and renamed everything - doesn't looking so familiar.

Hey I could just break the damn thing by hacking the database - hehehe.

. . . time to make a phone call me thinks.

All kidding aside thank you for your efforts in this regard, as I do believe in the long run it will not be beneficial to rate each other.

Regardless, over all the site upgrade is FIRST RATE and Huzzah fer ye says I!