Repairing Denix Flintlock Replicas

Ok, By now, many of you have handled the Denix Flintlock Replica's (REAL FL's ARE EXPENSIVE) and besides, you cant carry real ones in public, Ok, And By now you know that the hammers (Or Cocks) are inherently Weak at the neck, hence you cannot dry fire them much, Here is the Simple repair, modification that will add charm, realism, and best of all, functionality to these replica's. No one out there seems to know how to fix em when they break, I do. You will need Steel Putty, a Sculpting knife, Imagination, and time. Steel Putty can be bought at your local Auto Parts store, I prefer the MAGNUM Putty as it holds 1000 Shearing pounds, Its easy to work with, and during the curing process, its easy to carve and detail, Ok, Take the two broken pieces and tack them together with the putty, wait for like 5 minutes then carve details into it to blend with the gun. Simple. The Putty can be aged to fit the bill of a gun of the period, and best of all, you can do this on guns that are not yet damaged, then DRY fire away, (Or Wait till I post my, "HOW TO MAKE A REPLICA FL PUFF SMOKE AND FIRE!"

Captain H.L.Morgan, Esq.

Do tell more

\

Ok, By now, many of you have handled the Denix Flintlock Replica's (REAL FL's ARE EXPENSIVE) and besides, you cant carry real ones in public, Ok, And By now you know that the hammers (Or Cocks) are inherently Weak at the neck, hence you cannot dry fire them much, Here is the Simple repair, modification that will add charm, realism, and best of all, functionality to these replica's. No one out there seems to know how to fix em when they break, I do. You will need Steel Putty, a Sculpting knife, Imagination, and time. Steel Putty can be bought at your local Auto Parts store, I prefer the MAGNUM Putty as it holds 1000 Shearing pounds, Its easy to work with, and during the curing process, its easy to carve and detail, Ok, Take the two broken pieces and tack them together with the putty, wait for like 5 minutes then carve details into it to blend with the gun. Simple. The Putty can be aged to fit the bill of a gun of the period, and best of all, you can do this on guns that are not yet damaged, then DRY fire away, (Or Wait till I post my, "HOW TO MAKE A REPLICA FL PUFF SMOKE AND FIRE!"

Captain H.L.Morgan, Esq.

I can't think of any reason why you can't just buy a real flint hammer with top jaw & screw and attach that to a cursed Denix replica.

I have seen them for sale as cheap as $13 to $22.

000HP3609.jpg

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Aharrr

Tell us more, ya scallywag!

I am now taking some caps fer a cap gun, gluing them together, and stickin' 'em to the strikeplate right whereat the hammer falls.

That way I can use me replica as a startin' pistol fer me little pyrates obstacle course adventure.

I get a decent bang, and a flash from it...but them powder monkeys always be wantin' more bang fer their buck, as 'twere.

but now I be wantin' ta know YOUR technique.

Cough it up, me Boyo..

don't make me come back thar!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg