Dorset Buttons

So much costume experimentation, so little time...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Hehehe.... don't feel bad, McCool. I finally have several vintage and antique brass rings that would make perfect foundations for dorset buttons... But I barely have the mentality and strength at time to sew. Difficult to sew when one is constantly sneezing, coughing, sniffling, etc. I tried to sew doing all that... didn't turn out so well.

And likewise, Bottles. In due time, I'm sure. ;)

They are still nice and loverly, Michael. Especially something 'bout th' size of a dime. Kudos.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Okay try again with a photo taken on a much better camera.... Still not a perfect picture (chalk that up to my photographic skills, I should have begged the wife to do it)... But here they are.

DSC_0004.jpg

Oh, and Lady B, these are much smaller than dimes even. I couldn't find a dime in my pocket or under the sofa cushion to add to the photo for size comparison though.

Michael_banner.jpg

Nice job on these buttons!

If I can ever get past the basic kit, these will be worth a try.

Since realizing at PIP that I had zero pockets... I'm on a mission... er... project fixin that.

On the other hand, with all these blasted gray whiskers poppin out,

an old sea dog may be all I can do anyway:blink:

madPete

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Bloody hell! Smaller than a dime? Hehe... Good God, man.

Keep goin' at it, Mad Pete. :blink: One's kit and attire is NEVER finished. :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!