Body Modification and Pirates.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just kidding.

:lol:

Looking at your pic, I'd say most of your piercings would be covered up by clothing. If you are trying to be correct to the times, not much skin would be showing.

I suppose the things that will stand out are the facials. There was a female interpreter on the Dove this last weekend who had her bottom lip done, and I guess she must've had some sort of plug in. From a few feet away it didn't show at all. Close in it did.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Picts? Are we painting ourselves blue again!?!?!

No. I think we already woad that horse as far as it (or anyone else on the board) can stand. :lol:

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Am I the only one curious?

Picts?

(It might help on more specific recommendations and advise on how best to cover for events.)

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA She posts AS I am asking.

3192736652_820c9e022b_m.jpg

There, you can see that they are jagged little stars, which are hard to hide at times.

how many "jagged little stars" you got??..by the pic....looks like the go...go all.....go all the way.....!?!?...well they look asif they go all the way!! :blink:

cool :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Am I the only one curious?

Picts?

(It might help on more specific recommendations and advise on how best to cover for events.)

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA She posts AS I am asking.

3192736652_820c9e022b_m.jpg

There, you can see that they are jagged little stars, which are hard to hide at times.

how many "jagged little stars" you got??..by the pic....looks like the go...go all.....go all the way.....!?!?...well they look asif they go all the way!! :blink:

cool :blink:

Oh Sir, you know a proper lady would never tell such a thing. (*whispers*5 minus one that was removed and waiting to heal back to be placed again, sorry to burst yer bubble! BUT we are talking about visible work that needs to be covered, ha!)

oh...sorry...thought we were talkin 'bout PiP...in Keywest.....where, if anyplace....there might be a venue to show them all.....namely the Garden of Eden...still tryin to convince some of lasses to have their PC kit...painted on......giggle :blink:

there are other events that coverage maybe more of an issue....but in PiP.....there are equal hollywood to period...and any in between.....ya picked a good one to be ...de-virginized....welcome aboard lass

oh...sorry...thought we were talkin 'bout PiP...in Keywest.....where, if anyplace....there might be a venue to show them all.....namely the Garden of Eden...still tryin to convince some of lasses to have their PC kit...painted on......giggle :blink:

there are other events that coverage maybe more of an issue....but in PiP.....there are equal hollywood to period...and any in between.....ya picked a good one to be ...de-virginized....welcome aboard lass

Gosh Garden of Eden, I haven't heard that name in ages, it's been far to long since we've been to KY :blink:

Hahaha, now I have a nice mental image of everyone covered in crude paintings, cute.

And thank you, it's comforting to hear that it's a good bunch, I can't wait to meet everyone, painted or not :blink:

Kentucky has cool caves. Scads of them.

Key West has no caves - probably since the place is made of coral and the highest point is 16 feet above sea level.

As has been noted, if you decided to go fantasy pirate (and many do), you could wear your stars and tats and whatnot. That's one of the great things about PiP (well, I think it is).

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Key West has no caves - probably since the place is made of coral and the highest point is 16 feet above sea level.

As has been noted, if you decided to go fantasy pirate (and many do), you could wear your stars and tats and whatnot. That's one of the great things about PiP (well, I think it is).

Well see, there you go then, now I have one reason to visit Kentucky.

Granted I use every excuse known to man to get back down to Key West, I'm often tempted on my usual drives across the state to just keep going south :/

I'm not going to go insane with getting every single thing PC this go around, but I am trying hard to nail pretty much everything I can think of, if that makes any sense. I think I've already said it a million times, but I can't wait to take it all in and really learn, I'm a quick study when it interests me!

So I have no problems hiding the implants the best I can, surely I don't want to lose one thing I have in favor of another.

And I agree already, it's great that you all seem so easy going.

Well see, there you go then, now I have one reason to visit Kentucky.

Granted I use every excuse known to man to get back down to Key West, I'm often tempted on my usual drives across the state to just keep going south :/

I'm not going to go insane with getting every single thing PC this go around, but I am trying hard to nail pretty much everything I can think of, if that makes any sense. I think I've already said it a million times, but I can't wait to take it all in and really learn, I'm a quick study when it interests me!

So I have no problems hiding the implants the best I can, surely I don't want to lose one thing I have in favor of another.

And I agree already, it's great that you all seem so easy going.

Also, if you know where to go and who to ask . . .

It has WONDERFUL not-quite-legal adult beverages!

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

unless you're trying out for a crew like the archangels that has a purpose in being as 100 % pc as possible, i don't think there is a problem...

Well, I think a lot of PC groups would encourage cover up. I've never been to PIP but I know I cover my tattoos and such for pc events...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Unless, of course, she wants to do it for her own personal satisfaction. There are people out there who are like that. Shouldn't they be encouraged?

Go Abigail go!

You already know I'm OCD, well I said I was. I spent the better part of lastnight researching lanterns for crying out loud.

I figure what I can't make PC (for one reason or another) I won't stress about, but what I can nail, I surely will.

I just wanted to make sure that they weren't going to be a huge deal, hopefully the effort in other areas will stand out more so then my implants, for once.

If not we do have a surgeon, yes? Surely I can walk him through how to remove em for me if I do get drunk enough and change my mind. (The thought scares me)

Abilgail, I think it's great that you are trying to be pc! Don't rip them out in a drunken state. (lol.. I've gotten things done in a drunken state but couldn't think of allowing that kind of removal!) They can be easily covered with a fichu or some such.

I think it's great you are making the effort, don't kill yourself over it, my own philosophy is if you are going to do something do it to the extent you are able, but if you can make something more pc by all means do it! (again, not meaning ripping out your work) Sorry if I am not making myself clear... I've been having a conversation with the rum bottle since three this afternoon...)

Anyway, do what you can and the best you can. Don't think "good enough" think "best" does that make sense? I hope so. and have fun. =)

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

Abilgail, I think it's great that you are trying to be pc! Don't rip them out in a drunken state. (lol.. I've gotten things done in a drunken state but couldn't think of allowing that kind of removal!) They can be easily covered with a fichu or some such.

I think it's great you are making the effort, don't kill yourself over it, my own philosophy is if you are going to do something do it to the extent you are able, but if you can make something more pc by all means do it! (again, not meaning ripping out your work) Sorry if I am not making myself clear... I've been having a conversation with the rum bottle since three this afternoon...)

Anyway, do what you can and the best you can. Don't think "good enough" think "best" does that make sense? I hope so. and have fun. =)

That is actually a brilliant line "Don't think "good enough" think "best." and yep, totally made sense, uber glad that someone else can understand, obviously others do also I'm sure.

Our philosphy tends to be about the same, with a bit of "go big or go home" in it, we believe in putting your whole self into something when you commit to it, obviously it's not going to kill us and it's not forever, it's for fun and for a bit over a week, we can do this! And hell we still have a comfortable amount of time to get our butts in gear, even though I work best under extreme pressure :huh:

You can't see my jealousy but I promise you could smell it if you were here, I've been nursing a horribly painful jaw (wisdom teeth, they stop aching and I forget about them and having them removed until they ache again, it's been at least 7 years now sheesh!) so the rum would be very welcomed! Instead I have ice coffee, oh hell :blink:

Ha no, the 2nd one down was removed properly and it's left a scar that I hate, I can not imagine what would be left behind after having it done at PiP :P

I also thank my lucky arse I have not had work done drunk, or by anyone who was drunk (I think, one fella who has done some of my work has his actual eyes tattood, so who knows if they're bloodshot or not, he is very friendly :P ) granted I do have some work I regret, oh well.

I would love to hear your drunk work stories though :huh:

Also, about covering them, I am going to perhaps exchange the stars for smooth discs, which wont snag, these stars grab everything, but are so cute :huh: So then I should be able to maybe get away with covering them up with something and have a slightly lower rate of suffering a rip or tear, now that they've fused a bit (gross!) they hurt in a whole new way when they get yanked roughly :D

I'm glad you understood, and I hope your jaw feels better! I went through that whole wisdom tooth thing- the dry sockets and everything, I swear by sherbert. lol. an eek on the snaggage! My buddy did a few diamonds, but they are smooth so they don't snag, I love stars myself but couldn't stand if they caught on everything. That's why my nipple piercings bother me- they catch if I don't wear a bra (though surprisingly I had them done a week before an event- a drunken piece of work. lol- and they felt way better in my stays than anything else!)

Anyway, yea, I've definately turned into the "go big or go home" sort- even my tattoos (I have a piece that is slowly covering my whole lower back and a thigh...). The people on the pub are super helpful when it comes to getting you involved, learning from your mistakes and getting it right. =) It's an awesome bunch here, even if they don't want to admit it.

Feel free to PM me some time to chat about body mods or tattoos, I'm always interested in that... and how to still be historically prepared!

unless you're trying out for a crew like the archangels that has a purpose in being as 100 % pc as possible, i don't think there is a problem...

oi...i wouldnt call ourselves thread nazis or anything.....its all a personal voyage....do as much as you can...in your own time...with your own goals in mind....the only problem we ever had..is with folks who didnt play well with others.....we try to be as encouraging of others....as well as tolerant with those who dont share our goals....

but enough about our crewe......keep talkin about nipple peircings....implants and tattoos on women... :blink:

..i can feel my Voyaristic side peekin out...

....an i didnt even know i was French!?!? :huh:

[quote

oi...i wouldnt call ourselves thread nazis or anything.....

and neither would i.... you are representing something that most would want to achieve

but enough about our crewe......keep talkin about nipple peircings....implants and tattoos on women... :blink:

tattoos !! tats can be sexy !!! the other stuff ??? not my cup o'tea :huh::huh::huh:

..i can feel my Voyaristic side peekin out...

....an i didnt even know i was French!?!? :P