Driving to PIP

As crazy as it sounds, we're seriously considering the long drive to PIP. We're talking two full days of driving with one good night's sleep in between. Why would we even consider it? One, no luggage restrictions. Two, cheaper to drive a family than to fly them. Three, it's just too crazy not to be considered. Life is short.

One of the considered courses would take us through Laramie, Lincoln, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chattanooga, Atlanta and Gainesville. Is there anyone along that route willing to feed and shelter a few crazy, tired PIP runners?

Who else is driving this year? Sound off! We need to figure out our combined miles for PIP.

I'm painting PIP or bust on the car.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

That's a bit off-course for us lad but we too shall be driving down, all 1450 miles worth. Would have to see about a larger vehicle to car-pool with anyone else though; Jeeps aren't known for volumes of space. :rolleyes:;);) Most full sized vans get about the same mileage though!!!

Aye. We're driving in a car just big enough for ourselves and gear, and we could probably only fit one other person very snuggly between two child seats. Still, we might meet and greet a few who can't make it along the way and I'm hoping to bring some gear for donation to the fort.

Kate and I will be driving down... Not sure how many of the others that may or may not be coming with us will go (either car pooling or flying)... Let me re-phrase this.. I am driving, the wife is seriously pushing for her flying with me manning the ground crew.

Michael_banner.jpg

Once again, O'Keeffe is driving down but I'll be flying.

Michael, if it helps, I'll be down there the day after Thanksgiving. Kate is more than welcome to stay with me until you get there. I promise, we won't get into any trouble. No, none at all. :rolleyes:

ps. O'keeffe should be arriving with his brother Sat or Sun, but we'll still have plenty of room for Kate.

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Three, it's just too crazy not to be considered. Life is short.

I have had many adventures following this rationale. It is instinctual and thus tribal and so should be followed. (Although I have known at least one person who died from following this rationale, as well, so maybe it's not always wise. Well, you take the good with the bad, I 'spose.) (This isn't helping, is is?)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Kate and I will be driving down... Not sure how many of the others that may or may not be coming with us will go (either car pooling or flying)... Let me re-phrase this.. I am driving, the wife is seriously pushing for her flying with me manning the ground crew.

You should do that. Let Becky ride beside you. You get lots of funny comments from Drive Thru attendants that way.

True story...When I was moving, I was driving with the skeleton that would be Becky in the passenger seat because there wasn't an ounce of space left in the car for her elsewhere. On the way, I went through the BK Drive Thru. The girl who took my order was obviously too serious to know what to do (I'm not sure why she thought she had to do anything, but she apparently did), so after she took my order, she disappeared. She returned with another girl who had my order - and who grinned like nobody's business and asked "Who's your friend? Can I get his phone number?" I thought about explaining to her that the skeleton was, in fact, a 'she', but decided against it. Instead, I just laughed.

You know, I should have married that girl.

Edited by Misson

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

I haven't forgotten. The Perfect Dinner. One never forgets.

Mmmm. Cafe Solé.

You should do that. Let Becky ride beside you. You get lots of funny comments from Drive Thru attendants that way.

True story...When I was moving, I was driving with the skeleton that would be Becky in the passenger seat because there wasn't an ounce of space left in the car for her elsewhere. On the way, I went through the BK Drive Thru. The girl who took my order was obviously too serious to know what to do (I'm not sure why she thought she had to do anything, but she apparently did), so after she took my order, she disappeared. She returned with another girl who had my order - and who grinned like nobody's business and asked "Who's your friend? Can I get his phone number?" I thought about explaining to her that the skeleton was, in fact, a 'she', but decided against it. Instead, I just laughed.

You know, I should have married that girl.

Yes you should have married her!

But that is an awesome and amusing little tale... And just entertaining enough to make me seriously consider taking your suggestion of letting her ride with us! ;)

How easily does the gibbet disassemble should we consider this more seriosuly? (with the wife's approval)... :D

Michael_banner.jpg

William, we are a 45 minute drive south of I-70 off of MO 65. If yo find Warsaw, MO on the map, we are 9miles northeast. We'd love to have you if you decide to do this. We don't charge for the stop either! It's a modest country dwelling but you are more than welcome here.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

How easily does the gibbet disassemble should we consider this more seriosuly? (with the wife's approval)... :D

For a quick disassembly of the gibbet, remove all the bolts in the middle all the way around. The middle is where three pieces of the plastic cage overlap. You can do this using a medium crescent wrench on the plastic bolt head and holding the 'spike' in your fingers.

I suggest reassembling it for transport as it is flimsy with those bolts out. However, I know it takes up a lot of space, so if you want to completely disassemble it, just remove all the bolts, except the one on the bottom. It will then fold down and lay flat. (Be sure to stick the bolt-spikes in a zip-lock bag - I don't have any more of them and I don't think I could get any without buying a new gibbet.) You can see how it folds in the second group of pics on the Bucky page.

Note: assembly is a complete pain-in-the, so think hard before completely disassembling it. If you gotta, you gotta, but your fingers get really sore after awhile...

Edited by Misson

William, we are a 45 minute drive south of I-70 off of MO 65. If yo find Warsaw, MO on the map, we are 9miles northeast. We'd love to have you if you decide to do this. We don't charge for the stop either! It's a modest country dwelling but you are more than welcome here.

Bo

We are more than interested in stopping by. We could pick up the cedar tent poles as well.

William, Virginia is a bit out of your way, but if you need a place to crash for a day or two to recoup, the door is always open.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Kate is pretty well set on flying. Especially if Becky is in the front seat and Kate can't sit there....backseats are the worst for carsickness....

Kate and Lily will be VERY WELL BEHAVED....as well behaved as two pirate ladies can be in the company of BIB.......ahem. :)

Banner.jpg

You may count on us for both directions if you wish sir. Happy to oblige and entertain,(or just keep quiet so ya'll can sleep!) Let us know your needs and anything you don't like to eat, and we'll plan accordingly.

Bo

I'm partial to all sorts of things, so I'm not too picky food wise. I'm quite fond of bacon, as you know all too well. As for stayinf twice, thank you you very much. I'm bound and determined to mark off all 50 states, so we may be coming home by a different route just to see parts of States that I have never seen. We'll see as we draw closer.

So a meal of Venison Swiss steak on a bed of wild or brown rice would not hurt your feelings? Or maybe grilled chicken breast with fetuccini alfredo? Dang, now I'm hungry.

Anyhow, I will pm my contact info for your ecord so you may contact me at your leisure.

Bo