Wedge tent redux

Well after a couple of events I've decided to revisit my tent rig.

Here is a pic of the old rig.

Frame2.jpg

Now the NEW one.

DSCN1433.JPG

I'm using a peg design that I've seen in many commercially made tents.

DSCN1435.JPG

Inside view.

DSCN1437.JPG

This had enabled me to shorten the length of all the poles. Which is great! Now I can fit things into a smaller vehicle.

• 1 month later...

looks great. Having some trouble figuring out the door construction on my tents. (having to build from scratch with limited supplies). Thia definitly gives me some ideas since I too am cursed with minimal space in my car. Let's just say packing a full pirate encampmnet in the backseat and trunk of a 2 door chevy cavalier is not easy...

• 2 weeks later...

I redid one of the tent structures for my wedge with bamboo. It was easy to cut and lash back together so I went from 2 6 ft poles and a 10 ft to 4 poles all different lengths but at least they fit in the car. Had it set up in the backyard today and we had one hell of a rainstorm with pretty fierce winds and it stayed up with no trouble

Ive seen this topic many times but just passed it by as I havent needed to start making my tent just yet. I did however have an idea that just came to me.

I realize many of the tents available for purchase use this pin design, but wouldnt it be more PC to employ a yoke like a spar on a schooner would have? This would still have the advantage of shorter poles and might look a little better, then again it might not.

id.jpg