RootJack Makes Port

RootJack

'Tis me pleasure to present to all ye scallywags, lubbers, lads & lasses, bilge rats, deck hands, wenches, buccanneers, sea dogs an' honorable pirate cap'n's our latest concoction known as RootJack! I know this here be an abrupt introduction, but the brew be complete an' I would waste no time presentin' a drink what fights off the scurge known as scurvy.

That's right. RootJack has yer full daily dose of Vitamin C! Plus it's tasty to boot. RootJack be a Root Beer with a hint O'Orange flavor an' Vanilla, and enough of a kick to knock the barnacles off yer keel. We call it "The Pirate Energy Drink", an' any crew under the fair wind O'this brew would be hard to put down.

We nary hit ev'ry port yet. We've got just the one ship and a small crew, but RootJack would be sailin' yer way soon as we catch wind. In the mean time, check out our interport home. We'll be addin' new markets there as we find 'em. Yarrr.

Sounds interesting.

As someone who works in branding, I really like how the site works together and the Scurvy-related claims in particular.

Oh, and I say this linked on your site: http://www.pvkii.com/

-A pirates, vikings, and knights combat game.

Well, we know who will win THAT one, right . . .

-- I mean we've ALL know seen the pirate/knight episode of Deadliest Warrior . . .

Though, wouldn't the pirates and Vikings work together? I mean, the Vikings WERE the pirates of the 800-1100 . . .

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Sounds interesting.

As someone who works in branding, I really like how the site works together and the Scurvy-related claims in particular.

-- I mean we've ALL know seen the pirate/knight episode of Deadliest Warrior . . .

Though, wouldn't the pirates and Vikings work together? I mean, the Vikings WERE the pirates of the 800-1100 . . .

Funny thing about this... Back when I was a Viking re-enactor and mocking the pirates I encountered, one of the quips I used to toss at the pirates was that they were the Vikings that showed up 1000 years too late and way too far south... :unsure:

Now I tell Vikings that they are the extinct pirates that never got it right.... :D (which is why they are extinct :o )

Michael_banner.jpg

Can I order a sample to be shipped all the way to Utah?

We are completing a deal with a site that will handle online sales. Once that is done, you'll be able to order 4 packs online from the U.S. and many many other parts of the world.

RootJack has been on the market a total of about 2 weeks. We're distributing out of an area near Chicago. The goal is to get it in to convenience stores all over the country, but that takes time.

Concerning Pirates, Vikings & Knights 2... yes, of course the pirates win! We have a co-op marketing program with that game. Their logo appears on the back of our bottle and RootJack...well, you'll just have to wait for the next version of the game to see what we are doing there.

Thanks for the comments about the web site. When it takes over a year to get a product to taste just right, you have plenty of time to work on marketing. :unsure:

Hmmm.....does it have no caffeine like Root Beer?

Might be able to try it then (Caffeine makes me *thump-thump* all jittery don’t ya know…) :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmm.....does it have no caffeine like Root Beer?

Might be able to try it then (Caffeine makes me *thump-thump* all jittery don't ya know…) :unsure:

The "energy" in "pirate energy drink" comes from boatloads of caffeine and guarana. There are 10 mg of caffeine per ounce which is about 30-40% less than what you get in a standard cup of coffee. It's still quite a bit if you are sensitive to it however.

The "energy" in "pirate energy drink" comes from boatloads of caffeine and guarana. There are 10 mg of caffeine per ounce which is about 30-40% less than what you get in a standard cup of coffee. It's still quite a bit if you are sensitive to it however.

Well..none fer me than. :unsure:

Good luck with it though! :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sounds interesting.

Funny thing about this... Back when I was a Viking re-enactor and mocking the pirates I encountered, one of the quips I used to toss at the pirates was that they were the Vikings that showed up 1000 years too late and way too far south... :unsure:

Now I tell Vikings that they are the extinct pirates that never got it right.... :D (which is why they are extinct :o )

:D I am glad I am not the only one who started as Viking and ended a pirate.

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

Can I order a sample to be shipped all the way to Utah?

We are completing a deal with a site that will handle online sales. Once that is done, you'll be able to order 4 packs online from the U.S. and many many other parts of the world.

RootJack has been on the market a total of about 2 weeks. We're distributing out of an area near Chicago. The goal is to get it in to convenience stores all over the country, but that takes time.

Concerning Pirates, Vikings & Knights 2... yes, of course the pirates win! We have a co-op marketing program with that game. Their logo appears on the back of our bottle and RootJack...well, you'll just have to wait for the next version of the game to see what we are doing there.

Thanks for the comments about the web site. When it takes over a year to get a product to taste just right, you have plenty of time to work on marketing. :unsure:

I hope that online sales site goes through soon. We need some RootJack in Vegas.

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take note ye sea dogs, RootJack will be premiering at GenCon: Indy this year (Aug.13-16). This be the grandest of all gaming conventions, and we will setup port at Booth 2209. Not only will ye get to meet the handsome crew from VooDoo Elixirs, but ye can get a sample of RootJack then head cross the street to the RAM Brewery fer full chest of RootJack for a long night of pillagin' and gamin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Take note ye sea dogs, RootJack will be premiering at GenCon: Indy this year (Aug.13-16). This be the grandest of all gaming conventions, and we will setup port at Booth 2209. Not only will ye get to meet the handsome crew from VooDoo Elixirs, but ye can get a sample of RootJack then head cross the street to the RAM Brewery fer full chest of RootJack for a long night of pillagin' and gamin'.

Jeeealous.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Online sales will be available VERY VERY soon. In fact, they have had the product in their warehouse for over a week. Once it is in their system, we will announce it.

Thanks for the nice comments about our website. When you spend a year and a half working on the flavor, it gives you a lot of time to get the website the way you want it. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FREE SHIPPING ON ROOTJACK 4 PACKS AT THINKGEEK.COM TODAY ONLY!

For those that be wantin' RootJack fer yerself or to give as a gift, ye can get free shipping to the continental U.S. if ye use the code "CYBERMONDAY" at checkout and spend at least $25. This be good for Nov.30th ONLY! Follow this link for full details.

Direct Link to RootJack on ThinkGeek.com

Update: Avast, this offer has past!

Edited by RootJack

• 2 months later...

For those pirates that enjoy gamin' on ye olde personal computer, the game Pirates, Vikings & Knights II has been released on Valve's Steam game service. Not only is this a handsome game and a keg O'fun ta boot, thar be also a special bonus. The developers 'ave smuggled RootJack items throughout the game.

We're pretty excited 'bout this since this co-op marketin' agreement be the first O' it's kind. So now that PVKII logo on the back O'the bottle should make more sense. 'Twas a trade, fare and proper.