Steampunk Storyline Anyone?

captjustinkase

I have been enjoying reading all the works for the current stories, and I will probably look into joining the current PR storyline, but I have a fantasy/steam punk urge that I like in my writing style.

With that in mind I noticed that there was no fantasy or steam punk based stories currently going on. More historical based fiction.

If you would be interested in beginning a role-play adventure set during Victorian times, with a Steam punk flair, please post and let me know.

If there is enough interest I will create a setting background and we can begin working on characters.

I was not sure if this thread belong in the Skull and Quill section or back in Airship Pirates. If it need be moved, please let me know how, and I will move it post haste.

Edited by captjustinkase

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

A few of us airship pyrates had discussed starting a fictional story based around Patrick Hand's Columbia's Revenge airship (on which many of us crewe). He kinda wanted to wait and see how the whole airship thing went over on the Pub, and also, he was working on an alternate history for the Republic of California, in which the story would take place. You can see the start of that discussion under the Columbia's Revenge thread. It might be more in keeping with what's already been kinda discussed if the story was kept in the US during 1800's, rather than England, but that's something the players joining in could decide. If it all comes together, I'll certainly hop in and give it a go! :D

And please, do join in on PR. The more the merrier.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A few of us airship pyrates had discussed starting a fictional story based around Patrick Hand's Columbia's Revenge airship (on which many of us crewe). He kinda wanted to wait and see how the whole airship thing went over on the Pub, and also, he was working on an alternate history for the Republic of California, in which the story would take place. You can see the start of that discussion under the Columbia's Revenge thread. It might be more in keeping with what's already been kinda discussed if the story was kept in the US during 1800's, rather than England, but that's something the players joining in could decide. If it all comes together, I'll certainly hop in and give it a go! :D

And please, do join in on PR. The more the merrier.

I read the Columbia Revenge thread to see what has already been discussed, and I do plan on joining the PR thread once I have read everything previous.

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

If you've got fiction to write and share, you've come to the right place. :D

There's no restriction on your story being historically based, just that it be original work.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Is this the Pyracy Pub?

If the role-playing story has Airship Pyrates, which it probably will, then, yeah. Pyrates are pyrates. :D

(Well, unless your Somalian pyrates. But I don't think anyone is going to be doing Somalian role-playing any time soon.)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Is this the Pyracy Pub?

If the role-playing story has Airship Pyrates, which it probably will, then, yeah. Pyrates are pyrates. :D

K. Just asking.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."