• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok--- my menu thus far--

pretzel buns ( and recipe jenny!!}

mini brownies

dip of 2 varieties

and i want to bring a few new dishes to try out on you all...mind being my guinea pigs?

and what about mission? where is the loquacious one about this event?

are yah all sickof monster cookies yet?

callenish- oh yah meat pies!!!!

jerk chicken? dying to try it!!!

cant wait!!

lady constance

ohhhh-- and it seems to me we seem to be forming a new crew!! i like that idea!!

pirates o' the midwest????

Okay wow... I guess this is about a month away.

As for the younger attendees... There are a few others coming that I know of, so this has been on the top of my mind for some time. I will be speaking to the bar owner in the near future, and will ask this question. I have also been trying to come up with an alternate option for the younger attendees should the bar not be able to accommodate. (If anyone has a suggestion here, I would love to hear it).

Tartan Jack, for this one, travel light, sleeping gear and clothes and weapons. What you need, and little to nothing more, space is at a premium on the ship. The meals are pot-luck/pitch in, so anything you can contribute would be helpful. Both drinking water and ice need to be hauled in with us, as downtown Columbus is more corporate offices than anything, so retail stores require a short drive, or a 10+ minute walk. Last time the food was very not organized, and it worked out perfectly. I do not think anyone was in want of anything to eat at any point. However, if there was an area I think we could have improved on, was fruit and or vegetables or fruit or vegetable based dishes.

Connie, the firebox is limited in size, but I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say make us your guinea pigs! PLEASE!!! :rolleyes: And I for one am not sick of monster cookies yet... :rolleyes:

If Diosa is coming, I am sure she can be convinced to make jerk chicken, otherwise I can try and fill in and try to do a second rate job if it.

I think that covers things so far... Let me know if I missed anything, or if you think of any more questions.

Michael_banner.jpg

As for the younger attendees... There are a few others coming that I know of, so this has been on the top of my mind for some time. I will be speaking to the bar owner in the near future, and will ask this question. I have also been trying to come up with an alternate option for the younger attendees should the bar not be able to accommodate. (If anyone has a suggestion here, I would love to hear it).

if the laws are like missouri, a bar/restaraunt can have minors... and very few places don't serve food along with the alchohol...

. Last time the food was very not organized, and it worked out perfectly. I do not think anyone was in want of anything to eat at any point. However, if there was an area I think we could have improved on, was fruit and or vegetables or fruit or vegetable based dishes.

yeah... nobody went hungry... if they did, it wasn't due to lack of food, or snacks... a veggie tray ?? ( geez, a pirate feels silly saying that !! )

Okay wow... I guess this is about a month away.

Tartan Jack, for this one, travel light, sleeping gear and clothes and weapons. What you need, and little to nothing more, space is at a premium on the ship. The meals are pot-luck/pitch in, so anything you can contribute would be helpful. Both drinking water and ice need to be hauled in with us, as downtown Columbus is more corporate offices than anything, so retail stores require a short drive, or a 10+ minute walk. Last time the food was very not organized, and it worked out perfectly. I do not think anyone was in want of anything to eat at any point. However, if there was an area I think we could have improved on, was fruit and or vegetables or fruit or vegetable based dishes.

Connie, the firebox is limited in size, but I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say make us your guinea pigs! PLEASE!!! ;) And I for one am not sick of monster cookies yet... ;)

If Diosa is coming, I am sure she can be convinced to make jerk chicken, otherwise I can try and fill in and try to do a second rate job if it.

I think that covers things so far... Let me know if I missed anything, or if you think of any more questions.

To expand on what Micky already said - there is no place to store sleeping bags and such during the day except in your car. At night we all share the decks. There is only one cabin and the hold is full of cement block ballast so most people sleep on the main deck.

People are welcome to bring items to display to the public. If you do bring something, be prepared to answer questions during tours.

As always, if you are asked something specific about the ship. either defer to a guide or refer people to me.

It would be nice to have a better idea ahead of time who is bringing what food and what will need to be cooked. We can use the firebox which has enough room for two pots. I have a brazier that we can use if we need more fire than that.

Mark

Yeah, I figure to be there, barring all outside difficulties.

I don't know if it helps, but you can see the size of the firebox in this photo:

Jennie_Cooking.jpg

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

hmmmmmm.

firebox tells me to bring all prepared food--i am not going to hog it up!!

thanks for the pic RM....and yah you shall join the rest of us!!

hmmmm got to thinkaboutwhat packs easily..good ! a challenge inmy thinking skills { i will accept no comments from master silas about that subject!!}

ohhhh--and the 17 year old cant think of a pirate name... so you all can think of one for him...i said how about "the lanky one".....heheheheeee!

• 2 weeks later...

Well as this event is only about 3 weeks off, I guess it is time to start asking who is coming? Please either give a shout out in this thread, or private message or email me.

Just as a reminder, this event is open to all, but because we want to be prepared for all participants (whether you are camping on the ship or not) we do kind of need to know if you are coming, probably coming, or even possibly coming. I've got a running list of those coming that are not on the pub, but I wanted to get on here, as the pub is usually where the most participants come from. :(

Also, we are going to be running the auction again on eBay to help benefit the ship. If you have something you are able and willing to donate to the cause, we'd greatly appreciate it! We already have a pretty decent group of donated item, but the more the merrier! Thanks again to all those who have donated or pledged a donation, and a special thanks to those who bid last time, and are planning to bid again this time!

Again, Here is a link to the event web site for ease of reference, if there is any information that you need that isn't there, speak up and I am sure either Mark, Jennie, Kate or myself will be quick on the response.

Michael_banner.jpg

....Is there room for cookies in the car with the Thatchers? You can leave the otter and/or Alex at home if you need to make more room for the cookies...

for shame !! alex will be arriving separately, late friday nite... and to think that he WAS planning on bringing you a slushy all the way from st. louis !! he'll be disappointed to read this :D

I'll be there. Where exactly is there? Are we meeting at the ship Friday night this time?

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'll be there. Where exactly is there? Are we meeting at the ship Friday night this time?

There is nothing "official" going on Friday night, but we do have the ship Friday night mostly for the benefit of those coming from further abroad. This will give those traveling the option of arriving Friday night, and be well rested for Saturday.... Or at least give them the option of being present early and not exhausted from a long drive Very early Saturday morning.

However un-officially, since we do have the ship... We can gather on it Friday evening for some socialization or what not.

Michael_banner.jpg

There is nothing "official" going on Friday night, but we do have the ship Friday night mostly for the benefit of those coming from further abroad. This will give those traveling the option of arriving Friday night, and be well rested for Saturday.... Or at least give them the option of being present early and not exhausted from a long drive Very early Saturday morning.

However un-officially, since we do have the ship... We can gather on it Friday evening for some socialization or what not.

The last I heard, the Saturday night wedding will be rehearsing Friday so we will have to work around that. I'll verify that this is still going on and what time.

Mark

More information - the wedding rehearsal and dinner are on the ship Friday from 7-9. We can probably start hanging around the ship by 8:30. I can see about having the barge open for us until we can get onto the ship.

This time we are planning on taking the ship. That means that at least a couple of pirates will need to climb onto the ship from my boat. We will have a rope ladder for this. Volunteers?

Mark

Misson darling....you'll need antibiotics for six months at least....

Kidding. Well....I can't honestly tell you how bad it is. It looks pretty scudgy. Mark would know better.

And you know that I will photograph it if you climb that ladder. That's what I do....I shoot....with a Nikon. :)

Banner.jpg

Misson darling....you'll need antibiotics for six months at least....

Kidding. Well....I can't honestly tell you how bad it is. It looks pretty scudgy. Mark would know better.

And you know that I will photograph it if you climb that ladder. That's what I do....I shoot....with a Nikon. :)

I woudn't go swimming in it but it is pretty clean unless it rained recently and caused the local sewage systems to overflow. It gives you incentive to hold onto the ladder tight.

Mission is turning into quite a pirate. First he started hostilities at Paynetown, now he's volunteering to be part of the boarding party.

Mark