Dubuque pirate festival

LadyBarbossa

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. Will check more on it though.

TJ ( the Jack Sparrow most of us know from Port Wash) mentioned something about a pirate fest at Dubuque after hearing about it from MerryD. So, in a hunt to learn more about this and see if it was true... sure enough, eventually found it!

Pirate Festival & Buccaneer Bash

June 20, 2009 - June 21, 2009

National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium | 11 am - 5 pm

Pirate themed activities for all ages, pork roast, treasure hunt, professional Captain Jack Sparrow impersonator, costume contests.

Buccaneer Bash Saturday 6pm to 9pm

Live Music, A Pirate Over 50 & Mississippi Band, Boat Decorating Contest, Costume Contest, Food and Drinks.

Admission charged.

For more information, call 563.557.9545 or visit http://www.rivermuseum.com

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank ye, Bess. :)

Hmmm.. Grand Harbor Resort be a good supporter... I believe they have a pirate ship within it's walls. LOVE Carlos O'Kelly's (OMG, to die for salsa!)... Long John Silver's, gotta loves that.... Oh, must I go on? :D

Hope t' see some folks there. I know TJ will be there as Sparrow along with his loverly Wifey, Amanda as Elizabeth.

~Lady B

camping is by permission only, you have to ask the event organizer to stay on grounds. Also, to get into the event you have to be on the invite list or pay to get in.. you cant just go and get into the bash and museum. The grounds and tents are locked up at night then opened 8 in the am..

it sounds like a nice family fest; no vendors yet, they wanted to see what they could do with simply first.

if you can make it, SeaRover and Bess, let me know and I can see about adding you to the invites... plenty of hotels there or just a few miles down the road on Dodge.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I just called and spoke to Jan who is in charge of the event. She asks that any coming to "stroll" the grounds contact her ahead of time and she will arrange for badges so you do not have to pay the admission to get in.

I asked about "non-period" tents and she has granted me permission to bring mine as long as I am willing to take it down during the public hours which is not a problem for me. She did mention no alcohol is permitted on the grounds at all and also suggested bringing chairs if you can planning to camp as it is a beautiful facility.

Looking forward to the weekend!

looking forward to seeing you too, Krys.. Dubuque is special to me and one of the prettiest cities in Iowa and the oldest..

I will have my tent there too, and maybe room for you if things turn busy and your tent doesn't work.. I will try to be there last Friday and will need help with my center pole.. I am doing the Relay for Life friday night, 1 year anniversary that Friday. (woohoo)

I would suggest you bring a smallish cooler and your own water. There are porta potties but not much else in the locked area.

Merrydeath, one of the Unholy Three female pirates at Dubuque River Museum fest

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

LMAO! Oh, God! Sounds like the 3 Fates. Spooky indeed.

Finalizing stuff. And nitpicking through stuff to bring. Amazing, half the stuff I'd bring will be left at home... cause that half is all cooking related! LMAO... spooky, aye?

Looking forward to seeing TJ again and especially FINALLY getting to meet his loverly Wifey. :)

~Lady B

• 9 months later...

Relayin' th' message here....

MerryD spoke with Jan (lass in charge at the River Museum)... there will be NO Pirate Festival in Dubuque this year. Tis a pity.

Perhaps next year.

~Lady B