Writers Strike...

Iron Bess

We got word the there is going to be a writers strike come May 2. Everything not registered by then will be held up til Neptune knows when.

It's alway fatal to TV shows but... features can be affected too.

Keep your fingers crossed all is done on the scripts for POTC before then. (sigh) B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got word the there is going to be a writers strike come May 2. Everything not registered by then will be held up til Neptune knows when.

It's alway fatal to TV shows but... features can be affected too.

Keep your fingers crossed all is done on the scripts for POTC before then. (sigh) B)

*Crosses fingers.*

*And toes.*

*And cutlasses*

B)

Well, that'll rip your saila a little. Blasted, don't they know we need to be entertained. (lol)

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

That's why they're striking - because producers don't care about writers. Can you name the writers of your favorite TV show/movie? Probably not, unless the stars are also the writers.

That's also why there is nothing to watch on TV.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well... if this strike goes into effect there will be even lass.

It was really dreadful last time we laid off hundreds of people. :(

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well... if this strike goes into effect there will be even lass.

It was really dreadful last time we laid off hundreds of people. :(

Hmmm, another cost-cutting measure planned by Michael Eisner?

Can't wait fer me stockholder voting packet; I'm gonna make 'im walk the plank! :(

hook_banner2.jpg

Can't wait fer me stockholder voting packet; I'm gonna make 'im walk the plank! :lol:

Oooooooooh, go to

www.savedisney.com

...before you do anything. Roy Disney and the others have advice and things to tell the shareholders before you make up your minds. T least give it a look see.

They want Eisner replaced, make no mistake.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I already have, lass. The site be bookmarked fer easy reference. :lol:

I be gettin' me letter t'the board members ready t'send. Figure I'll give 'em a shot across the bow t'get their attention.

Roy Disney leavin' the board be the best thing he coulda done t'bring attention t'the sad shape the house o'mouse be in.

hook_banner2.jpg

And from what I understand... he's still invloved with POTC, just... a little off shore now. :lol:

Th' voice o' Jack that's been hauntin' me noggin' the last few days (commentin' on everythin' from my office to th' whyfores and whereto's of thong underwear) says th' followin:

"I expect no less of a pirate than t' be off-shore..."

:lol:

An' before ye ask...I am not tellin' ye what he says about thongs!

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

An' before ye ask...I am not tellin' ye what he says about thongs!

Wot's this? Cap'n Jack Sparrow commentin' 'bout thong under thingys?

I'm sure it was sumthin' like, "Very interesting...."

I'm sure 'e saw sumthin' of tha' nature in Singapore.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Chances are that the script for the sequal was finished before POTC came out. That's routinely done these days when anticipating a monster hit. It saves time, which in Hollywood is money just like everywhere else.The writing is the cheapest part, anyway, so it's false economy to save dough by waiting until you know you'll have a big budget before you hire a writer. Everyone remembers how George Lucas got caught flat-footed without a sequel script when the original Star Wars turned out to be the most successful movie in history. In fact, he was making preparations for a low-budget sequel in case the movie only broke even. I'd bet that the POTC2 script is already being broken down for shooting right now.

No.... not quite yet. :lol:

Remember.... your dealing with Disney here. Very little *up front* coin ever sees the light of day.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Chances are that the script for the sequal was finished before POTC came out. That's routinely done these

Yes Disney thought POTC would be such a monster hit that they didn't bother to do any merchandising! :lol:

Boy somebody really droped the ball on that one!

Seriously. The script is still being worked on. Ask Iron Bess! On POTC/CBP the writers were on the set the whole time revising the script. That happens often. I won't even get into the re-writes on the LOTR trilogy. :)

Let's hope things work out and there is no strike. (fingers & eyes crossed)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Breaking the screenplay down into a shooting script, storyboarding, all that stuff gets done long before photography starts. After principal photography starts, then they start rewriting everything, especially if the star wants his/her role rewritten to make him/her even more adorable. Happens all the time.

But if they don't even have a screenplay ready - Lord, how Disney hath fallen. Ol' Walt has to be spinning in his grave (though I've heard he had his head frozen.)

And, when a new guy takes over a studio, everything his predecessor did, however successful, becomes poison.

That's showbiz, folks.

Everyone remembers how George Lucas got caught flat-footed without a sequel script when the original Star Wars turned out to be the most successful movie in history. In fact, he was making preparations for a low-budget sequel in case the movie only broke even.

Sorry mate, but you be spinning a yarn with that story.

George Lucas had the entire story written/outlined in the late 60s but realized it was too big for one movie. When he wanted to get the first movie funded, he chose the middle part because it was the most exciting. The story is all there, he just adds/changes details for each film.

This is very well documented, plus I've heard it directly from sources close to Mr. Lucas.

I also heard-tell that Disney executives wanted Mr. Depp to "tone down" his performance because they didn't like it. It were Mr. Bruckheimer wot made them back off - and a good thing too. :)

hook_banner2.jpg

Breaking the screenplay down into a shooting script, storyboarding, all that stuff gets done long before photography starts. After principal photography starts, then they start rewriting everything, especially if the star wants his/her role rewritten to make him/her even more adorable. Happens all the time.

But if they don't even have a screenplay ready - Lord, how Disney hath fallen. Ol' Walt has to be spinning in his grave (though I've heard he had his head frozen.)

And, when a new guy takes over a studio, everything his predecessor did, however successful, becomes poison.

That's showbiz, folks.

True enough, the first script was story boarded, fleshed out ...why, we even had a special event day for the press.

Did they even consider having another script ready?? Nope. Disney would never pay writers to work on something they were not sure they would use and .... Bruckheimer is just as thrifty if it's his own coin.

No one knew this would be a hit and they fellows have been hard at work for some time now.

No, Walt is not frozen but he wasn't one to toss one around either (Thanks to brother Roy) I'd have to guess he would have had one script for shooting and maybe... an *idea* for more if it worked out.

The new guy?? Roy only knows!!! :P (And methinks no one will be tossing out the Pirates flicks. Too much possibility there. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Wot's this? Cap'n Jack Sparrow commentin' 'bout thong under thingys?

I'm sure it was sumthin' like, "Very interesting...."

I'm sure 'e saw sumthin' of tha' nature in Singapore.....

Actually I think it was somethin' along the lines of

"M'never wearin' anythin' like that again!"

To which I replied. "Well, if you didn't try to commandeer MINE they might have fit you better!"

There was no response after that for some reason.

You know, there are too many voices in me 'ead, there be....but at least they be interestin' ones!

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I've never heard Alan Dean Foster say that "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" was intended to be a movie. If you're familiar with EU (Expanded Universe) then you know how closely the Lucas company keeps tabs on the writers and the books so that they don't interfere with the movie scripts.

Hmmm, most post this on me other board t'see what my "experts" think. Yer most welcome t'join us at http://www.sandiegostarwars.com/discuss/index.php

(Just don't talk to David Brin about Star Wars; I was verbally accosted by him at a convention. It took every ounce of willpower to keep from comparing how well his book-turned-film did at the box office :lol: )

Alright, I've blown my cover. I be a geek. And I get extra points fer bein' a female geek!

hook_banner2.jpg

All I can say is 2 words as to why PotC should continue:

TREASURE ISLAND!!!

Hello... it's a major classic today! one of my major favs of all films.

If Eisner has truly lost the dream of Walt Disney.. the man SERIOUSLY needs to exit the playin' stage.. immediately.

I keep hopin' that nothing blocks PotC 2.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~master & commander of the Resurrection

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

If Eisner has truly lost the dream of Walt Disney.. the man SERIOUSLY needs to exit the playin' stage.. immediately.

I keep hopin' that nothing blocks PotC 2.

Well, nothing to fret over Michael on THAT end. Anything that makes money AND award attentions will stay on his treasure map.

As to something blocking POTC2, it would take a world war I think. It's well on it's way. :)

Oh, and I am trying to verify the Keith Richards rumor today at lunch.

:o

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif