from Blackbeard's Crew

Dutchman

Ahoy shipmates,

first- all are home safe and sound on our side, but we still have many who are on the road. Please check in and let us know you're safe.

second- THANKYOU!!!!!! over 100 soaked reenactors from seven groups not including the boat crews. Wow what a great weekend. This was the largest, most action packed, and largest attended festival yet with next year being even larger with help from out friends up and down the coast and across the nation!

There is absolutely no way to thank the many crews, vendors, volunteers, and staff who made this happen. It was far from a perfect weekend, but every one adjusted to their little hiccups and bump and diid the absolute best that could ever be thought of. What wonderful friends, new and old.

Enough babbling for now, I'm off to bed to dream of Blackmud fest 2009!

-dutch

Hey Dutch!

Got home safely last night around 11:30 pm. Left Virginia with it's sunny skies and warm temps to come home to rain..rain...rain and 45 degree weather! :blink:

Blackbeard's Pirate Festival was grand! Putting on an event this size is not an easy thing to do - we applaud the Blackbeard Crew's efforts for doing so much for the visiting crews. The only thing I wished I could have done is spend a little more time visiting with the other crews as well.

Personally, I did not want to leave early yesterday. I know that there were several of us that missed the slide show event last night (how was it by the way)... and there wasn't enough time to say 'hello' or 'good-bye' to those I've befriended over the last several years. And, of course, after four years of being at the festival.... I finally got to see the fireworks on Saturday night! Well worth the wait.

Hats off to you all for a splendid event.

P.S. Bess says 'Hello' to Robbie.

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Home...finally... a bit of a rough day but the event was fantastic and as Mickey put it, the company priceless. Mr. O'Keeffe and Mistress Alexander are with me for the night. Arrived in a down pour at Hampton and got home in time for the skies to open once more... ripe, soaked again and ready for bed.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Good to hear that you, the snotties, O'Keefe and Lily Alexander got back to your dwelling safe and sound...minus the soaking.

Big hugs to you all around. Pet Sophie, Willie and Getty for me! Sleep tight!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Ahoy shipmates,

first- all are home safe and sound on our side, but we still have many who are on the road. Please check in and let us know you're safe.

second- THANKYOU!!!!!! over 100 soaked reenactors from seven groups not including the boat crews. Wow what a great weekend. This was the largest, most action packed, and largest attended festival yet with next year being even larger with help from out friends up and down the coast and across the nation!

There is absolutely no way to thank the many crews, vendors, volunteers, and staff who made this happen. It was far from a perfect weekend, but every one adjusted to their little hiccups and bump and diid the absolute best that could ever be thought of. What wonderful friends, new and old.

Enough babbling for now, I'm off to bed to dream of Blackmud fest 2009!

-dutch

We (the Scioto Pirates) had a great time. It was the first time we got to use the boat (now known as the Firefly) with other boats. It was fun maneuvering around the other boats.

My wife, Jennie, and I were impressed at how friendly and helpful everyone was.

We didn't make it to the main camp to say goodbye. By the time we had everything loaded we were too tired to make the six block round trip.

Mark

Ahoy all~

Sacred Heart Crewe all home safe and sound. Many, many thanks to all the crewes that participated in the Blackbeard Festival, it is all of you that make us look so good! Poppa and I are already starting on the mountains of photos, and hope to have a link to them up soon.

Dutch and Grace- A million thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. Please pass on our thanks to all of your crewe! Well Done!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Love,

Poppa and Momma Ratsey

I made it home safe early Tues, AM.

That's what happens when ya leave the event at the crack o' noon on Mon.

Slept a little while then had to go to Orlando, just got back from there early this AM, but I did get to go to WDW so that was OK.

'twas a bit like .... " Ye just finished plunderin' Hampton, what arrrr ye gonna do now?"

"I'm goin' ter Disney World!" Rode PotC twice I did!

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN, FOR A GRAND SEVERAL DAYS! HUZZAH!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

• 2 weeks later...

Dutch, what be home? We made our way to Floridy, but had to stop at JLPD for a visit with all the southern crewes and Scurvy Knockers. Home, be where the bows pointed to. We did make it back to Cayo Hueso. I think we spent about 4 hours gettin outta Virginny and heading south. I must say, this was a dream come true. After attending in 2007 to be able to participate as the Bone Island Buccaneers was amazing for the whole crewe. Thanks to all of you, all the crewes and everyone who made us feel so welcome as the FNC. We have more to go to step up our game. But sailing with the likes of you salty dogs and the Arch Angel will make us a better crewe. A big HUZZAH to everyone.