After Festival Report

Cheeky Actress

What a great event! Lots of friendly familiar faces and a few new ones to boot!

Nothing could have dampened the spirits of this event – even though a deluge on Friday may have hindered setting up camp, yet…we all continued to pray for better weather and come Sunday we had sun and warmer temps!

Both Pirate and Pirate Hunter showed the crowds our best this past weekend. The crowds were good and even the one of the Event Coordinator for Downtown Hampton stopped by to give praises to our Pirate Hunter’s camp!

A big thank you to Blackbeard’s crew, the Bone Island Buccaneers for coming so far to ‘play’ to ...........SNIP

Dear Mistress Lily,

Thanks so much for your kinds words. We would travel far and wide to raid together with the likes of Blackbeard's crewe and the other great Pyrats there. And to see our nemesis, the Arch Angels and Captain Sterling in battle, why it was a sight fer sore eye. It was great playing with you and everyone there. Too bad about Billy Bones though. I always knew someone was gonna shoot him with mouth of his.

Your Friend,

Captain Spike

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Captain and Mistress Lilly McKinney - showing themselves in their finery.

LillyandJohnny.JPG

capt. sterling,

is that a new coat ?? (haven't seen it before this fest ) i rather fancy the embroidery... did you do that yourself ?? and.... what fabric did you use ?? --- planning my future projects :)

Fancy the embroidery? Sterling the dandy and that Cheeky woman? Why I thinks the Captain is goin soft from all the squeezin. Tis only Captain Sterling that would be so bold as to wear that fancy coat. Ye can dress however ye wish Sterling, but deep down inside yer heart is as black as any Pyrat . No fancy coat can hide it. Oi, must have been the fancy "ball" that ye attended, under that cursed Governors protection and that soiled proclamation. Captain Spike has his eye on more than yer coat Sterling.

A memorable moment: When Rusty Nell and Bess the indentured servant were about the harbor marketplace on Saturday morning and they befriended a British Marine. Bess made inquiries about his rank and position…and I could have made this up…

"I am just a lowly Pirate…" (Ooops, I think he meant to say "Private" but he seemed to have been distracted by Nell for some reason

Nell and Bess just looked at each other and ran with the moment. They quickly alerted the Sergeant about there being dissention in the ranks….It was very interesting to see a British Marine back-peddle so quickly to save his hide!

Okay you lot....Let's hear your memorable moments.....Tell 'em here if you got them!

I still like Billy Bones going down in a puddle of blood. But my favorite part was seeing Sterling taking a shot and going down the ground in the midst of battle, on the piers of Hampton, from the heat of our exchange from the Explorer. Dutch got us within hittin distance. That may be one ye want to ferget Lilly? For I seen the look on yer face. Aye, that was the best moment for this Bone Island Buccaneer.

I had a great time. For my second pirate event it was great, enjoyed the heck out of meeting all you other pub members ....

All of you helped me have a great time

Blackbeard's Crew, (I won't mention the egg that was left in my tent, you know who laid it!)

Boners ..... sorry (known their 19th century descendants long enough to know how they were)..... BONEY'S,

I finally saw Crispy And Nell in the same place at the same time!

and all the Others ....

THANK YOU ALL FOR AN OUTSTANDING WEEKEND !!!!!!

Alright if ye ain't lettered enough to get the NAME of this here crewe correct, I am gonna tattoo it on yer ugly forehead. We BE the Bone Island Buccaneers. And I may even tattoo baackwards on yer arse so ye can read it in a mirror. I know my offspring will tarnish me good name, afore that is why I done here in this century. I hate blasted fortune tellers like yerself, I may tattoo a few other the things also!!!!! Ye will be wishin fer a few eggs.

But seriously, great to see ye agin. And when exactly did iyou see Chrispy and Nell at the same time? I didn't see ye on the Kilmar Nyckel hehehehe.

THANKS to YOU Jim for everything and expanding to the Pyrat era. Twas a great treasure chest we took home with us among other fine goods from ye!

This was an AAMMMAAAZZZIINNGGG weekend!

Huzzah Mr Tignor. And it were great sharing it with you. Great enthusiasm is what makes amazing. I had a great time. Great PEOPLE, great history, great skits, great ships, great battles, great deal of rowing, great food, great songs. Just everything one would want in a Pyrat Festival. No wonder it is going on 11 next year, with bigger plans. Glad to share some that with ye friend.

I could only make it out on Sunday, but I had a blast. I got to show off my new green coat. That was fun. The main purpose of making the treck to Hampton was to deliver Capt Sterlings new cutlass which I think was well liked. I have pictures of making the sword and I will post that shortly. It was great seeing the crew of the Archangel. Got to share a few drinks with my favorite crew from the Keys and got to see Spike get shot in the back(always a favortie of mine). We have loads of pictures that I will try and get up soon.

Aye Matt, twas great sharing the time ye had in Hampton. I was certainly on a roll, rolling on the ground bleeding that it is. I must say, it is entertaining, I think more for me than anthing else hehehe. And a big thanks to YOU so much for yer kind words, great pics and most important, that comradarie. We had a blast with you and Sarah and Klaus, literally and I think the Bone Island Buccaneers finally went overboard and lost their sanity at JLPD. May we find it adrift somewhere in Cayo Hueso. Cannot wait to see all of ye again.

Ahoy! Cap't Spike,

I stands by me spellin' !! an' I have know control over what the soothsayin', prognostications of the tea leaves and Rum say about the behaviour of yer descendants!. I can only report what I see in me visions of the future.

I'll kindly thank ye to be leavin' me arse outta this. From the sounds of it ya be wantin' ta ink me up like yer fellow crewmate Nigel.

Speakin' o' the wretch, I needs to be in contact wit' him regardin' apiece o' the gear yew was so kind ta compliment. If ye'll check your PM I'll send sumptin that I saw in a vivid nightmare that included your descendants and the re association wit' another tyrannical wanna be "King" ...... ain't pretty ....... you or the vision!!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Hello All! Just like to say, that Johnny(Chappy) and I had a Blast! SNIP

Hope to see you all again soon.

Love, hugs and rum

Morgan Drake

aka Nicole Andreyko

:P

Don't strain yer eyes too much Chappy and Morgan. They have a gift the way they make us look so good. So great to talk with you and Blackbeard had the GREAT icing on the cake with you two there. I believe that is where me mind first started to drift, by the next week, it were gone. Thanks for your chronicle of our Pyrat journey together!!!!!!

The Captain and Mistress Lilly McKinney - showing themselves in their finery.

LillyandJohnny.JPG

capt. sterling,

is that a new coat ?? (haven't seen it before this fest ) i rather fancy the embroidery... did you do that yourself ?? and.... what fabric did you use ?? --- planning my future projects :)

My apologies Silas... I just saw this post. Aye tis a new coat... all linen with silk embroidery and aye I did it myself after researching designs from the period along with proper stitches.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

kind of fancying the embroidery !! nice job !! started drooling over the embroidery aspect after seeing a frock coat with some serious embroidery... i think it was red with gold designs made for a wedding... the memory is really fading here :blink:

if i am correct, you had posted the pic as an example of something -- stupid memory--it was a period coat in a museum ???

oooh. desiring fancy clothes and better weapons !! maybe i'll get lucky with our next prize ...

beautiful work !!

Thank you and the red coat may be one from the V & A's Russian Czar exhibit...

redwoolsuitPeterII1727-1730.jpg

silkvelvettrimmedgoldlaceFrancecirc.jpg

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

a grand trophy one would most likely sell certainly not keep...

Crewe of the Archangel

for a night of drinking and ..... you know... but my character has aspirations... probably above his skill and talent and such a coat would demand the respect he thinks he deserves... in his simple mind :blink:

emulating calico jack or the twisted success of bartholomew roberts

a coat such as that would go well with a simple seaman with grand expectations who has far exceeded his peter principle :huh: