After Festival Report

Cheeky Actress

Hello All! Just like to say, that Johnny(Chappy) and I had a Blast! We got lots of great photos and footage and will try and have something posted soon for all of you to enjoy. It will be a minute on the photos. I took about 2000, but If anyone has special requests I can try and do those first. Glad we got to see all our old friends and made lots of new ones! I think the Boney's get credit for the most car alarms set off during canon fire! Hahaha

Anyway, can't wait til next years festival, cuz I know it will be bigger and better (if that's really possible) !

Hope to see you all again soon.

Love, hugs and rum

Morgan Drake

aka Nicole Andreyko

B)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks as if everyone had a grand tim of it...sore i missed it.....but i do have one question:

looks like an awful lot of new green coats runnin abowt.....noone was wearrin MINE were they!?!?!? B)

Green coats? what green coats? I don't see one green coat in these pictures for our crew, at least

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

This was an AAMMMAAAZZZIINNGGG weekend! I must say i havnt truly enjoyed myself that much in quite some time. I dare say was pretty down on monday when it was all over(withdrawal? lol)

and now for as many thankyous as i can remember : A big thanks to blackbeards crew and captains Pern/ Quartermaster Glass, for putting up with me and letting me help out with things . Huge thanks to Dutch for letting aboard the explorer, which made me alot happier thank you may think lol. As well as a thank you for being so helpful over the last year. Thank you to the bone island bucaneers (nel, spike,Crispy ,andrew,nigel and robin..sorry if i missed anyone) for being ssssoooooooo vvveerrryyy kind to me, and letting me hang out with you guys so much(i cant wait to see you all again at PiP). A big thanks to mr. bagley for alll the help and good company and for making me want a better kit(and scaring me about buttons lol), and please extend my thanks to the rest of your crew who made me feel so welcome. I do indeed hope to see you at st.marys, and if not there, then at paynetowne or pikes river. Thank you to Sutler Jim for the BEAUTIFUL cartouge(sp?) box. it really helped to pull my kit together...expect more orders in the future sir. Thanks to the callenish gunner and his wife for all the the help with shoes...rain..everything, oh and i failed to tell you that your baby is absolutely adorable :). Also a big thanks to the crew of the Archangel(i got it right this time lol) for all if your helpful information and kindness, you guys really inspire me to do better. Sorry if i was a little tooooo enthusiastic,...l will eventually calm down....it was also very good to meet mr. mooseworth and his wife...you guys did such an amazing job, and it was nice to have another "free agent" around lol. To every one else a big thanks, im forgetful so forgive me if i missed anyone. You guys somehow all put up with my happy enthusiasm without shooting me, and that in itself means alot. I hope all future events will be at least half as fun. Cheers mates! ...goog lord that was long..lol

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Whew!! That was a drive and a half but well worth it. I was so tired yesterday I could only drive for an hour and half. I was falling asleep on the road. B)

Thanks to all who attended. It warms my heart to see everyone. I've missed you all far too much. A big thanks to the Blackbeard crew for letting us play along.

The Bone Island, what can I say. It always a blast to hang out with you all. Your new garb is looking great!!

Mr. Tignor keep up the good work.

To Gentleman Scotty and you wife thank you for stopping by. Those cookies were AMAZING!!

If I forget anyone I'm sorry, I'm just so worn out. Until next time.....

Kate and Mickey's Photos

Trish took a ton of these too... :)

Wow these are really great! I love these...

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

oooph! well now that I have gotten some sleep.

Thanks again to all who attended and it was great having everyone there. The photos have been wonderful. Willoughby has a few videos up on youtube just look for blackbeard festival 2009. I'm glad folks enjoyed their time on the Explorer, I think we put a dozen new folks out on the water and Crispy was in his element on the bow gun Sunday afternoon. We can only hope next year turns out as good as this. And for those who missed the Sunday night photo show, compliments of mama and papa ratzti, morgan and johnny, yes cousin Robbie was able to find Cousin Johnny for a very few fleeting seconds- then he was gone again...........................................................................

I can actually form sentences now so let me try this again.

THANK YOU ALL!

Thanks to all the crews for being there for us to hunt.

Thanks for believing in Fionn and playing along even when he wasn't believable!

Thanks for making me smile.

Blackbeard's Crew you were great hosts and I plan on celebrating many more anniversaries of my first festival (Bb 2006) for years to come.

Bonies! Dang you looked good! I have come to the conclusion that anything you wish to do you can do and do it well! I love you all! I can't wait to see you again ...the sooner the better!

Sacred Heart, you thank you for the images to keep the memory fresh for years to come. You guys are awesome.

Other guest crews, some I know some that I have seen in passing over the past four years, perhaps next year we shall actually meet! LOL

To the pressed men & women of the Archangel (this time the ...blast what was that name ...drat ...the group from Ohio! Sorry ...couldn't recall the spelling) We did not chat much but I very much enjoyed the time we spent on Saturday ...or was that Sunday on the lawn. I especially appreciate the man (Shannon?) who ran for the 300 plastic forks.

Gentleman Scottie & Smiling Kate! What wonderful people you are. I don't think I have seen either of you not smiling. It is alway a pleasure having you around.

To my Captain and the Crew of the Archangel. Captain, you have a way of finding the right people. Mistress Alexander and Mister O'Keiff, thank you for sharing your time, skills, possessions, and your hearts with us. Mistress McKinney and Bess, your antics as always put many a simile on many a face, keep up the good work. Quartermaster Roberts, thank you for your work, your skills and your ear. Master MarSh, :rolleyes: It was a pleasure meeting you, your lovely wife and beautiful daughter. The smiles you gave me were very much appreciated, I even missed your squealing when you left. (I had to ask Edward to make fun of me. LOL). Mister Hyradon(sp?), I have never met a nicer young man, I very much appreciate your assistance and your company.Loogie & Flem, love you both. Captain, to you my appreciation, admiration and respect. ....geeze ...sounds like an acceptance speech. lol Well in a way it is ...I accept the love and friendship of my crew members.

I wish we were physically closer but there are some who can never be closer to in my heart!

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Finally made it home last night round midnight, still working out the kinks in my body.

What can I say but a huge Thank You to everyone who came out and played in Hampton. It was great to see so many old friends and make so many new ones.

Pern, thank you again for the sail, it was great to spend some time getting to know you better, you and your whole crew deserve a huge pat on the back for all your work on a great festival.

Dutch, I still cant believe you got away with our flag and my bench in one fell swoop.

Bone Island, what can I say, it's always a blast playing with you guys, cant wait till next time.

I would try to mention everyone but this post would go on forever, and I have to get rolling on unpacking the trailer.

Till we all meet again..

E O'K

I can not wait to see the pics!!!

What a great event! Lots of friendly familiar faces and a few new ones to boot!

Nothing could have dampened the spirits of this event – even though a deluge on Friday may have hindered setting up camp, yet…we all continued to pray for better weather and come Sunday we had sun and warmer temps!

Both Pirate and Pirate Hunter showed the crowds our best this past weekend. The crowds were good and even the one of the Event Coordinator for Downtown Hampton stopped by to give praises to our Pirate Hunter’s camp!

A big thank you to Blackbeard’s crew, the Bone Island Buccaneers for coming so far to ‘play’ to Gentleman Scotty and his lovely wife Kate who stopped by the pirate hunter’s encampment and kept us company, to Salty, whom I only got to see a glimpse of this past weekend, and to SutlerJon who somehow managed to pull himself away from his booth to say hello! And my regrets to those I was unable to meet up with or mention thus far in my posting.

Keep your eyes upon this thread…photos will be coming shortly…

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Oh ...and the mud. I was so intent on thanking and handing out the praise that I failed to mention the rain & mud. We needed a bilge pump for the site. It had been raining so much that the ground would not take any more water. We danced in the mud even if we didn't want to.

Oh ...and the mud. I was so intent on thanking and handing out the praise that I failed to mention the rain & mud. We needed a bilge pump for the site. It had been raining so much that the ground would not take any more water. We danced in the mud even if we didn't want to.

Speaking of bilge pumps - I pumped more water out of my boat Friday night than I did when it was in the water.

Mark

Right there with ya mark! the explorer was below her bottom paint by about three inches. took the better part of an hour to get her back up after the bilge pump crapped out! I left the rest as balast. Of course the shifting water was fun when i was taking her home and over the bridges.

A memorable moment: When Rusty Nell and Bess the indentured servant were about the harbor marketplace on Saturday morning and they befriended a British Marine. Bess made inquiries about his rank and position…and I could have made this up…

"I am just a lowly Pirate…" (Ooops, I think he meant to say "Private" but he seemed to have been distracted by Nell for some reason

Nell and Bess just looked at each other and ran with the moment. They quickly alerted the Sergeant about there being dissention in the ranks….It was very interesting to see a British Marine back-peddle so quickly to save his hide!

Okay you lot....Let's hear your memorable moments.....Tell 'em here if you got them!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"