After Festival Report

Cheeky Actress

What a great event! Lots of friendly familiar faces and a few new ones to boot!

Nothing could have dampened the spirits of this event – even though a deluge on Friday may have hindered setting up camp, yet…we all continued to pray for better weather and come Sunday we had sun and warmer temps!

Both Pirate and Pirate Hunter showed the crowds our best this past weekend. The crowds were good and even the one of the Event Coordinator for Downtown Hampton stopped by to give praises to our Pirate Hunter’s camp!

A big thank you to Blackbeard’s crew, the Bone Island Buccaneers for coming so far to ‘play’ to Gentleman Scotty and his lovely wife Kate who stopped by the pirate hunter’s encampment and kept us company, to Salty, whom I only got to see a glimpse of this past weekend, and to SutlerJon who somehow managed to pull himself away from his booth to say hello! And my regrets to those I was unable to meet up with or mention thus far in my posting.

Keep your eyes upon this thread…photos will be coming shortly…

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could only make it out on Sunday, but I had a blast. I got to show off my new green coat. That was fun. The main purpose of making the treck to Hampton was to deliver Capt Sterlings new cutlass which I think was well liked. I have pictures of making the sword and I will post that shortly. It was great seeing the crew of the Archangel. Got to share a few drinks with my favorite crew from the Keys and got to see Spike get shot in the back(always a favortie of mine). We have loads of pictures that I will try and get up soon.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

This year we event had a group of Marines from the 18th century help with running the pirates out of Hampton. These gents are real marines whom some are stationed over at Norfolk's naval base.

The Marines put forth a challenge to any woman who could take a rifle from one of them.

If the woman was successfull, they would be able to take a picture of with the said 'idiot marine' who let his weapon be caught up in the woman's possession and have him kneel upon a barrel with a sign hung about his neck saying, "I sold my King's musket for Puffy" - (note: during this time period "F" was used for "S"). They said that they would post them upon their webpage, which I need to find the link.

No, I was not one of the lucky women to put these men in their place, but our very own Lily Alexander - Mistress of the Games won it. She not only got the Lt.'s musket but also got the Sgt.'s as well! The Crewe is so pround of her! Rusty Nell from The Bone Island Bucceneers, also grabbed one...

You go Girls!

3607403057_3c685f7064.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"

Yes! Nell's Clandestine operation was successful. She managed to seek out her target early and note his weaknesses with the assistance of one Bess Hagardy, indentured servant. Nell did the basic S&D moves to obtain her goal. By the middle of the day on Saturday, she had it.

Though, Lily Alexander took the 'sweet and innocent' approach. But I'll let her tell that tale. :lol:

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

What a fantastic weekend! The rest o the Bone Island Buccaneers still have 20 some odd hours in the van ahead of them so keep yer fingers crossed fer em. Huge amounts of praise need to be heaped upon Captain Pern the Blackbeard crew and all the associated crews that worked their asses off putting together an absolutely spectacular event, and being excellent hosts... NO REALLY! If you haven't been to this one you are positively missing out on one of the best events of it's kind! Hopefully it will continue to grow, because three days was not near enough time. I really did not want to leave the festival this morning my inner pirate screamed "go back" at me the whole flight home. I need to thank Michael S Bagley and his lovely wife Kate for the stunning new weskit and breeches that made my first P.C. pirate kit complete, AND a big hit with the ladies, "Oooo he's got a Bagley" was heard whispered around a quite a bit, he is like the A Team of clothiers, putting on my best announcers voice "If you have an outfitting problem.....and you can find him..... then you need the B TEAM" da da da daaa.. add cannon fire here. I also want to deeply thank Mama and Pappa Ratzi, Morgan and John from the Sacred Heart crew for letting Rusty and I share their room and for being some of the greatest people in the whole friggin world! I saw too many old friends to mention by name, you know who you are, and I love ya! I made some great new ones, I hope you know who you are! And I will love ya later lol. Thanks to Captain Sterling the Archangel crew for convincing us to make the trip, and the warm welcome and hospitality in their camp. It was great to finally meet pub members, Mr. Tignor, Mr. Mooseworth, Gentleman Scotty and their respective family members. You guy's are really raising the bar for newcomers, awsome kits!

What A great weekend!

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

What a fantastic weekend! The rest o the Bone Island Buccaneers still have 20 some odd hours in the van ahead of them so keep yer fingers crossed fer em. Huge amounts of praise need to be heaped upon Captain Pern the Blackbeard crew and all the associated crews that worked their asses off putting together an absolutely spectacular event, and being excellent hosts... NO REALLY! If you haven't been to this one you are positively missing out on one of the best events of it's kind! Hopefully it will continue to grow, because three days was not near enough time. I really did not want to leave the festival this morning my inner pirate screamed "go back" at me the whole flight home. I need to thank Michael S Bagley and his lovely wife Kate for the stunning new weskit and breeches that made my first P.C. pirate kit complete, AND a big hit with the ladies, "Oooo he's got a Bagley" was heard whispered around a quite a bit, he is like the A Team of clothiers, putting on my best announcers voice "If you have an outfitting problem.....and you can find him..... then you need the B TEAM" da da da daaa.. add cannon fire here. I also want to deeply thank Mama and Pappa Ratzi, Morgan and John from the Sacred Heart crew for letting Rusty and I share their room and for being some of the greatest people in the whole friggin world! I saw too many old friends to mention by name, you know who you are, and I love ya! I made some great new ones, I hope you know who you are! And I will love ya later lol. Thanks to Captain Sterling the Archangel crew for convincing us to make the trip, and the warm welcome and hospitality in their camp. It was great to finally meet pub members, Mr. Tignor, Mr. Mooseworth, Gentleman Scotty and their respective family members. You guy's are really raising the bar for newcomers, awsome kits!

What A great weekend!

It was a great time. Certainly set the bar high for my first event. I didn't want to leave either. Be seeing you this weekend for more Piratical fun!

Thanks Sir Crispy!

ihtcbanner.jpg

Firstly- I made it to Newport News airport just fine and found that it took about a 30 second walk to get from one end to the other, including going through security. In fact, the TSA guys must have been bored because it was a toss up over who got to look in my camera bag. Musta been bored.

I found a lovely surprise sitting at the bar having a pre-flight adult beverage...Mooseworth and his wife Kelly. So instead of sitting alone in a nearly empty airport, I had someone to chat with.

By the time I got to Charlotte, I was feeling my sunburn....luckily the Charlotte airport was like a mall, and I found The Body Shop and was accosted with ale by the salesladies...then I moved on and found a parfait in a little organic cafe.

And I made it to Columbus about 11:30 pm....home by 12:00....and passed out by 12:30. And I'm still tired.

But it was worth it!

Just went out to the mail box. Guess what was waiting ofr me? Caspar Luyken's Gallery of Late-Seventeenth-Century Costume. Gonna be busy for a while now. Good stuff, and EXCELLENT reference.

http://textbookx.com/book/9780486429861/

I have this book and love it....

Banner.jpg

Rolled into home about 8:00 PM, it was a long and uneventful drive...

Freaking awesome event! Loved it! It was great to see everyone again! The Bone Islanders looked amazing! At first I almost didn't recognize them! Blackbeards crew were a brilliant host crew as always, and a joy to hang around as always. And of course camping with the Archangels is always an honour and pleasure.... Getting to to spend time and get to know of these folks better.... Priceless!

Mooseworth, it was great to meet you and your lady (girlfriend? wife?). The pair of you looked fantastic! I only wish I had been able to find more time to sit and chat with the pair of you! But let me tell you, if everyone who got into re-enacting showed up to their first event looking like the pair of you, wow... Just wow!

Gentleman Scotty and Kate, it was a pleasure to meet the pair of you as well. You two have really done a great job getting your stuff together as well! You two were a complete joy to hang out with and talk to.

Mr. Tignor, another great new face! Your enthusiasm makes me remember why I enjoy this hobby so much! Thanks for being there and being a part of the great time. Hope to see you in a few weeks at St. Mary's, and maybe some other events this summer.

Chrispy and Nell, the pair of you are just so great and fun... I can't speak highly enough of the pair of you... Heck even though you follow that Spike character around, and associate with the Nigel fella, and those other Buccaneers, you two are just awesome.

Hugh and Salty, sorry we didn't say goodbye, but the departures snuck up on us quicker than expected. But it was wonderful to spend a bit of time with you two between all the extra running around I did this year.

I'm probably missing a lot, and intentionally omitting other things (because I know those involved don't haunt the pub), but this was an event to remember, and an all around great time...

Michael_banner.jpg

Once again, Kate, Mickey, Trish, Shannon, Mark G. and his lovely wife (whose name I escapes me now) - please forgive me - though she came to my aid soothing my sunburn upon the Kalmar Nyckel Sunday morning.

Great fun and never enough time to spend and chat, laugh, plot, scheme, and lick windows (I am truly sorry Kate that we were not able to do this with you this year). Next year, you will have to pull me by the hand and make sure we do this!

Mooseworth - I think I met you briefly at the ball...was this you?

3608608298_310dd277cd.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"

Firstly- I made it to Newport News airport just fine and found that it took about a 30 second walk to get from one end to the other, including going through security. In fact, the TSA guys must have been bored because it was a toss up over who got to look in my camera bag. Musta been bored.

I found a lovely surprise sitting at the bar having a pre-flight adult beverage...Mooseworth and his wife Kelly. So instead of sitting alone in a nearly empty airport, I had someone to chat with.

By the time I got to Charlotte, I was feeling my sunburn....luckily the Charlotte airport was like a mall, and I found The Body Shop and was accosted with ale by the salesladies...then I moved on and found a parfait in a little organic cafe.

And I made it to Columbus about 11:30 pm....home by 12:00....and passed out by 12:30. And I'm still tired.

But it was worth it!

Just went out to the mail box. Guess what was waiting ofr me? Caspar Luyken's Gallery of Late-Seventeenth-Century Costume. Gonna be busy for a while now. Good stuff, and EXCELLENT reference.

http://textbookx.com/book/9780486429861/

I have this book and love it....

We returned Kate's husband to her safe and sound Monday evening.

I want to thank everyone for their help with the boat and general friendliness. It was a lot of fun (even the drunk in our tent gives us a great story).

Mark

Once again, Kate, Mickey, Trish, Shannon, Mark G. and his lovely wife (whose name I escapes me now) - please forgive me - though she came to my aid soothing my sunburn upon the Kalmar Nyckel Sunday morning.

Great fun and never enough time to spend and chat, laugh, plot, scheme, and lick windows (I am truly sorry Kate that we were not able to do this with you this year). Next year, you will have to pull me by the hand and make sure we do this!

Mooseworth - I think I met you briefly at the ball...was this you?

3608608298_310dd277cd.jpg

YES! It was nice meeting you (briefly) I was a bit impaled by the pale ale. Hope to have more time in the future to get to know all of you. Everyone seemed very nice!

ihtcbanner.jpg

YES! It was nice meeting you (briefly) I was a bit impaled by the pale ale. Hope to have more time in the future to get to know all of you. Everyone seemed very nice!

Oh, that's okay Mooseworth. It's all part of being at an event. Here's to seeing you again...and hopefully quite soon!

Member of "The Forsaken"

I had a great time. For my second pirate event it was great, enjoyed the heck out of meeting all you other pub members ....

All of you helped me have a great time

Blackbeard's Crew, (I won't mention the egg that was left in my tent, you know who laid it!)

Boners ..... sorry (known their 19th century descendants long enough to know how they were)..... BONEY'S,

I finally saw Crispy And Nell in the same place at the same time!

Archangel's ( it was nice finally meeting my long haired half brudda) I hope Cheeky's fleur de lis' is not too tender.

and all the Others ....

THANK YOU ALL FOR AN OUTSTANDING WEEKEND !!!!!!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net