After Action Review

Rats

unfornately your actions has hurt us all...as well as the sword instance eralier.....once we get into the public eye....we are truly icons...and are looked up upon by the little ones....they want to emulate us...they want to be us.....even tho we are playin the bad guy...and no matter what our personal morals are at home...behind closed doors....once we don our apparel...its like we are doning our CAPE.....we then are held to a different set of morals....a different set of rules....we are no longer living for just us...whith just our needs and wants....but are now living evryones dreams....and most always uphold that responsibilty......

Unfortunately, no matter how sorry you are, or how you try to make amends, the stink will stay with you for a VERY long time. Most of us here are very professional about what we do in the public eye. What you have done is an insult to all of us that take participation in events seriously. I hope that at some point you are able to be accepted back into the community of trusted and dependable professionals. Until that time, fair winds to ye......

>>>> Cascabel

As always my dear associate Mad Dog has really put things very eloquently and I couldn't agree more. Trust and respect is a valuable thing.... It's hard to earn and it's easy to lose! We also take care of our own in this venture! It includes friends and family.. and also friends who are closer than family. No amount of money is worth losing that!

I could say a lot but I won't.

~Lady B

what i heard was confirmed by your statements......

i do feel sorry for your perdicament.....all the good you were attempting as been in vain with this latest action. from someone who is from the midwest(dekalb county ill)....now in Detroit (still midwest)....and has been re-enacting over 20 years now....i fully understand the up hill battle that Pyracy events in large has before it...trying to get some sembelance of orginization....trying to get us out of the laughing stoks...or looked down upon....and to attempt a truly historical presentaions...of one of the most turbulent and misunderstood times of our history.....

unfornately your actions has hurt us all...as well as the sword instance eralier.....once we get into the public eye....we are truly icons...and are looked up upon by the little ones....they want to emulate us...they want to be us.....even tho we are playin the bad guy...and no matter what our personal morals are at home...behind closed doors....once we don our apparel...its like we are doning our CAPE.....we then are held to a different set of morals....a different set of rules....we are no longer living for just us...whith just our needs and wants....but are now living evryones dreams....and most always uphold that responsibilty......

we are each of us...in this proffesion/hobby for a host of different reasons...each with different goals and agendas...but we most always strive...to never hinder their passions.

i truly hope you find your way in this .... for i see a difficult path before you.

sincerly,

Methusala Aluitious d'Dogge

M.A.d'Dogge

crewe of the Archangel

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Speaking as someone who was ready to work with you to help build a better community of Midwest pirate enthusiasts, I must say that I am not too upset that I was not able to make your meeting in PW. Any leadership qualities that you may in fact have are now wasted - you've been re-set to "0". I welcome any efforts you may want to put into rebuilding your reputation. You have confesses your acts and asked for forgiveness publicly, from your peers. I can forgive your rash act, but I hope you understand that until your subsequent actions demonstrate your trustworthiness, I will view you with a bit of suspicion.

But plenty of lesser men and women than you have rebuilt reputations on honest effort. If you choose that course, I wish you the best of luck. And if in the future you have redeemed yourself in my eyes, you will be welcomed aboard my ship once again. Fair winds, Captain; you are in for some rough seas for a while.

Hmmm…We are very lucky to live in the 21st Century, aren’t we?

If it were the late 17th/early 18th century, the law would mostly likely be English Law and you would be ‘burned in the hand’ for the crime.

Thank heavens things have changed.

Bessbeingcalledout.jpg

Bess Hagarty - Indentured Servant

I am personal friends with Blackthrone and to hear of this action that has taken place is just astounding to me. The sad thing is that I was talking to him just before the cops took him aside to talk to him. I was in mundanes when this happened since I was not staying long on Sunday. I wondered what happened with that and what the deal was and now that I am privy to what happened, I am very upset by his actions. This could kill Port pirate fest for all because of his actions and if it does there will be a lot of pirates hunting him down. There are no excuses as to why this happened, it never should have happened in the first place and he knows that. I talked with him today and he is very remorseful of his actions and is saddened by what could come about from it. He is going to take some time off and try to reassess his place in the pirate world and go from there. I do hope that we do not lose Port Pirate fest because of this one action. Port is a fun place for all of us to hang out and see each other outside of our own faires that we go to. If we do not have this in the future I don't know where we could get together to have this much fun.

Katy Cannonballs McBust

Proud member of Clan Dracmor

Boatswain on The Revenge

I have to ask this.... I mean, after the sword fight debackle...

Where you drunk or sober when this happened? :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Not that this is needed, I just have to say this myself.

I am very grief stricken with the things that are coming out now because of this. I have really messed up in the biggest irreversible way possible.

After knowing what the repercussions may be for the stupidity I portrayed at PWPF, I am "retiring" from piracy all together.

I will not be at any events that have anything to do with piracy or ren faires, unless specifically invited...which is unlikely.

I am doing this for a few reasons:

1. Obviously I am too embarassed to ever show my face again.

2. I don't deserve to be amongst the awesome people I have known in my time of "piracy."

3. This is never going to go away. It is going to haunt me until death, I am damn sure.

I will, if welcome to, remain as a member of this board, just to keep up with anything important, but I am still bowing out, forever.

It's the least I can do to not bring any further bad publicity to this awesome community.

Thank you, and fairest winds to you all.

I am sincerely sorry for my actions. No one should question that, however, was I REALLY the only one to have committed ANY kind of felony last weekend?

I have it under authority that I was not the only "troublemaker" at the festival.

I have heard things about DWIs, underage drinking, drunken fights, drug use, etc...

I do know that my actions have brought a bad light on upon us all, and for that I am truly sorry, as well as for committing the crime itself.

However, I have owned up to my own crimes, but I refuse to be the scapegoat for other crimes.

As if I am the only person on here who has done anything stupid in their life...

Edited by CaptainThomasBlackthorne

I am sincerely sorry for my actions. No one should question that, however, was I REALLY the only one to have committed ANY kind of felony last weekend?

I’m sorry Thomas, but trying to lessen the impact of your actions by making unsubstantiated allegations against other people is a sign of how immature you are. Especially when by your own statements you have shown you are untrustworthy.

This is like the little kid claiming, “Well Billy stuck his head in the toilet too!” Whatever anyone else did doesn’t excuse your actions in anyway.

I don’t think we really need any further discussion on this point.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven