Vendors Index Thread

Mission

Someone asked me where to buy PC stuff and darned if I could give her a direct answer. So I plowed through the threads here looking for a list of vendors and came up with a bunch. Note that I am not including fabric vendors or anything related to sewing - methinks that really belongs in the new forums in Pyrate Craft now.

General

Black Hand Trading Company - Consortium of craftsmen who make pirate and nautical items such as hats, tools, ditty bags, etc.

Fall Creek Suttlery - focused on Civil War period

G Gedney Godwin - an 18th C. Online Hypermart - Clothing, Gear, Musical Instruments, Medical Instruments, Shoes, Hat &c.

Goosebay Workshops - Curious Items made from tin, copper, brass and wood

Jas Townsend and Sons, Inc. - another 18th C. Online Hypermart

Letters of Marque - Reproduction Documents, Leather Goods, Weapons, Navigational Tools and Accessories

Museum Replicas - clothing, weapons, etc. from many time periods

Smiling Fox Forge, LLC - 18th C. clothing, accessories, tents, &c.

Smoke & Fire - Clothing, Hats, Gear & Accessories

Tiger Lee's Pirate Fashions - Fantasy Clothing, Weapons, Coins, Mugs and other items

Clothing - Period (or Periodish)

At the Sign of the White Rose - Period Clothing by our own Hawkyns and Kathryn

C&D Jarnagin - French & Indian War Era Clothing

Hamilton Dry Goods - A place where I sometimes buy socks

Neil Hurst Tailor

The Quartermaster General- Clothing and other 18th century items.

Sea-Purl - Loom Knitted Stuff

Clothing - Fantasy

Chrononaut Mercantile - Very nice pirate, medieval, faerie and steampunk clothing, accessories & jewelry

Fantasy Costumes

Odd Bodkin Renaissance Shop

Renaissance Store

Footwear

Burnley & Towbridge

Fugawee Shoes

Hats

Captain Jack's Pirate Hats - Fantasy Pirate Hats

Caribbean Rose Pirate & Vintage Millinery Emporium (Etsy)

Clearwater Hats - Fine Beaver Hats

C. Fahey Capper & Knitter17th and 18th century knit caps"

The Knit Kriket - Featuring fine Monmouth Caps

Leather Goods

Barbossa Leather - leather bags, baldrics & scabbards

Leather Mystics - Fantasy Pirate leather goods

Ravenswood Leather - clothing, leather accessories

Jewelry

TheTimeKeeper's Clip Clocks - featuring clocks disguised as cameos, broaches and pins

C&B Treasures - Jewelry and jeweled skulls (!)

Chrononaut Mercantile

Miscellanea

Ostrich.com - Feathers

Madame Joan's Wee Wiggies - affordable maker of wigs and hair queues

American Rope and Tar - Rope and...tar

Brooks USA - Brass Tools & Cannon

Backwoods Tin & Copper, LLC -Cooking, Kitchen - Coffee & Tea Pots, Boilers, Plates, Bowls, Ovens, Mugs and a PC Flask

Black Bear Haversack Trading Post

The Castaway Trading Company - Captain McCool's Jewelry, Hats and Pouch Etsy Site

Miscellanea - Barrels

Agri Supply- 3 Piece Wood Barrel Set

Kentucky Barrels

Thousand Oaks Barrel

Tents

Panther Primitives

Tentsmiths

Weapons - Hand

Baltimore Knife and Sword Co. - Hand-forged knives and swords made by our own 1stMateMatt.

Cutlass Resource - A Place to Find Swords - a sword vendor thread on the pub

Cherry's Fine Guns

Dixie Gun Works

Kings Forge and Muzzleloading

Kult of Athena - swords, axes, maces &c.

Loyalist Arms

Middlesex Village Trading - small and long arms

Military Heritage Weapons and Uniforms

Reliks Swords

The Rifle Shoppe

Track of the Wolf

Weapons - Cannon

Hatcher Gun Company

Jefferson Armory

Paulson Brothers Ordnance Company

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started actually posting direct links to vendors, so I am moving all the links to things on the forum to a new post,

Below are links to various other topics on this forum containing links:

General

A somewhat compiled list of sites

Clothing

Good Costume

Pirate needs pants

New Pirate Clothing Online

Footwear

shoes

Shoes - I feel in a bind

17th Century Shoe from Mount Misery

Boots Anyone?

Fine pairs o' boots

Weapons

Cutlass Resource - A Place to Find Swords

Buying me a pistol!

Real Cannon Information?

muskets needed

Cannon links?

Small Miscellanea

Pirate Jewelry

Feather Source?

Repro Ear Scoops and Personal Hygiene Items?

Large Miscellanea

Shackles and Irons

A barrel source

Feel free to add to the list.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Someone sent me a link via pm. Rather than do that, feel free to add links to the post and I'll put them into the first thread for you. That way your faves will get double exposure and this thread won't disappear. :P

Mission_banner5.JPG

Friends and virtual neighbors, would you do me and everyone on the forum a favor?

Would you please sort through your Internet Favorites Lists and put links to the vendors you love in here so we can share them with everyone? The more info we have in here, the more useful this thread will be. Also if you know of a page of links to vendors (like the NQG link in the first post), would you post that?

Thanks!

Mission_banner5.JPG

Cookware:

BACKWOODS TIN & COPPER, LLC -COOKING, KITCHEN - Coffee & Tea Pots, Boilers, Plates, Bowls, Ovens, mugs and even PC Flask

Hats:

Clearwater Hats Fine Beaver Hats

Weapons:

Reliks Swords

Clothing:

The Quartermaster General- Clothing and other 18th century items.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Here be a particular favorite of mine fer magnificent an' unique Leathercraft an' Pirate Hats:

www.nyghtcraft.com

(Please fergive th' site as it is bein' re-built after a hacker had put viruses on th' pictures... No more viruses... pictures are still bein' added... far more t' come...)

Commodore Ashton "WeirdBeard" Synn

NyghtCraft Leatherwerks

NyghtCraftLogoRed.jpg

Highest Quality Handcrafted Leather on or off the 7 seas!

Thanks for the new links everyone!

The comments Graydog and M.A. d'Dogge added are quite useful -- in fact, if anyone wants to add a description for the vendors already listed which will help people to better understand what they offer, feel free to post that and I'll add it. In fact, if you want to add to the comments already in there, that might be helpful too. Let's keep it sort of short, though - say, less than 10 or so words. Otherwise the list will become difficult to navigate.

Something else I thought of - people might like to add posts about their experiences with a vendor. I won't add such comments to the list because I don't think opinions really belong there. Still, people might still like to read about your experiences in your posts to this thread.

As for stickying this, I am unable to do that. You have to ask the moderators of this forum or the admins.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 months later...

Kathryn, would you guys rather I put you in Clothing or General?

Rather than delay adding you to the list, I put you in the clothing section since that seems to be your focus. If you want me to change it, please let me know and I will do so. :)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

Done. I put you in fantasy clothing since that seems to be where you best fit. I also added an entry under jewelry.

(The girl in the photo presently on your front page looks sorta' like Zooey Deschanel.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

Ahoy Maties,

Can ye add me to yar list. This be Tiger Lee the creator of Hot Pirate Babe Calendar series. I got tired of everyone asking me where to get good stuff, so I have finally put up a website to sell some of the items in my one year old permanent store called Pirate Portraits N Treasures in the oldest city in America, St Augustine. www.PirateFashions.com sell a wide range of products such as: corsets, waistcoats, tricornes, replica flintlocks, cutlasses, coins, tankards, shirts, chemise, baldrics, flags n' many more items.

Tiger Lee

Ok, you're in. Was Caribbean Pearl working at your shop this year? I believe she was working at one of the shops, and I'm trying to figure out which one it was.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy Matie,

Caribbean Pearl is my partner when I do vending outside of my St Augustine Store. We have done Stuart Pirate Fest, Key Largo Pirate Festival, Tybee Island and PIP together.

Tiger

Ok, you're in. Was Caribbean Pearl working at your shop this year? I believe she was working at one of the shops, and I'm trying to figure out which one it was.

• 1 month later...

Avast! Shipmates. I just got a package wot contained me new Hat! I ordered a "Jack Tar" Tarpaulin Hat from Hat Crafters. Very pleasant to deal with. Sent it out in got it in 9 days! It is exactly what I wanted and then some!