Pier Daze Pirate Invasion- Long Beach, SoCal

Graydog

The Pier Daze Pirate Invasion and Fair is alive and well. Even bigger than last year. Come on down and see all the hubbub bub.

Pier Daze Pirate Invasion- Long Beach, CA June 27 & 28

From the above website:

Attendance is Free -

Food/Beverage and Merchandise for sale

This annual event showcases one of long beach’s treasures its pier. Sample tantalizing food and BBQ as you listen to a wide assortment of music.

We will have a Pirate ship attacking the Pier, which will be defended by local citizens and our very own pirates, cannons and sword fights galore. A limited number of Pirate ship rides will be available. There will be a kids treasure hunt, a pirate costume contest, and a beach fun zone.

Event highlights:

Pirate ships battling off the Pier

Live pirate shows (sword and black powder gun battles) throughout the day

Tall Ship Rides

Live Music: Dread Crew of Oddwood & Pirates of the Black Swan

Grog and food booths

Pirate Coalition Camp - Port Royal Privateers

Pirate Parade - Lead by Brethren of the Coast

Black Powder Gunners - Alliance of the Double Cross

Pirate booty, arts and crafts boots

Belly and fire dancers

Pirate Costume contest

Capt. Jack Sparrow's Kid's Treasure Hunt

Pirate Personalities: Capt. Cleighton Talderoy: Pirates Magazine 2008 Pirate of the Year, Jamaica Rose of No Quarter Given Magazine, Capt. Jamie Bellows: King of the Pirates, Scarlott Harlott, Pirate Jenny Serna, Kapt. Ray Kula

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Will all the lads be attending...Would you mind if I squat in with you?

Yes, we plan on having all the lads there.

You are very welcome to visit with us at the sea end of the concrete pier. While we will be there both days, as a group we are not camping at this event and nobody can remain overnight on the pier itself.

I know you have a long drive. Camping on the beach is being run by the Port Royal Privateers and their POC is Craig McNeil. They are putting a lot of effort into this event and it looks like they will have a mighty fine site. I can put you in contact with him if you'd like to see if its possible to camp on the beach?

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Please, that would be great to hang around you guys once again. Camping,I would have a small sail for sleeping under and the clothes on me..and of course rum, marlboro's (pirates would have smoked them) seaweed and a corral for my sea horse!!

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Please, that would be great to hang around you guys once again. Camping,I would have a small sail for sleeping under and the clothes on me..and of course rum, marlboro's (pirates would have smoked them) seaweed and a corral for my sea horse!!

I sent you a PM with telephone number for conact with Craig. I didn't want to list telephone number on the open board. Did you get it?

Ooohh.... we are going to have a FINE time this year!

A sizable Pirate encampment on the South side of the Pier right on the sands...period tents galore. Lots of Music, fun for the kids, balloon swords, knot tying, games of Liars dice and lots more skullduggery as well. ;)

here we were last year...

BelmontSHores5-1.jpg

BelmontShores4-1.jpg

BelmontSHores6.jpg

If you find yer self in Port, stop by and see us on the beach under all that canvas and look for the Pirate Bands playing on the Pier itself during the day. (I, m'self, will be in amongst a couple of them playing me little heart out)

Aye Greydog, a good time fer all!

;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Michael and I missed out on last year's Pier Daze (we were voyaging up in the Pacific NW at the time, visiting the Rusty Scupper's Festival instead). But we will be in attendance this year, with our No Quarter Given booth. We look forward to making up for missing out last year, and enjoying lots of music, and piratey entertainment. After hours, we'll be camping on the beach with our mates the Port Royal Privateers. Hope to see lots of you there. The PyRats, Bart and Hank, will be with us too.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Alas I wish I could attend, but I will be channeling my alter-ego "Black Hearted Pearl of 1874" at a SASS event. Iron Bess & Jamaica Rose, please say "Ahoy" to everyone for me and I'll see you at OFMD.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

BTW mates....

The Learning Channel is coming out to spend time with us in the Port Royal Privateer encampment on the beach Saturday afternoon. We are just South of the pier.

Hope to see as many of you as can come! :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

This here raid be on the morrow.

So, Lads and Lasses, hoist the mainsail and be a headin to Long Beach in SoCal.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

All around a first rate event! Lots of fun.

Thank you to all that took the time to drop by and say ello to the Alliance of the Double Cross.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

had a blast yesterday! it was a long drive down and an even longer drive back LOL! we're beat.. went and played around long beach afterwards.. went to the queen mary.. that was wicked fun!

pics will be up shortly

www.myspace.com/deltavox

It was great to meet you there. Glad you had good fun. Isn't that a great location for a pirate event, on the beach and on a pier. I love it.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven