June 2009 Nor Cal Pirate Festival

Red-Handed Jill

Okay - this event is not quite three weeks off so it's time to start squawking about it.

We've got lots of fun stuff planned in the Tales of the Seven Seas camp - beware or some of you may end up married! (Heh.) If you would like to be married, we will have a bower and minister available - schedule a time and it can happen!

Patrick Hand will be on, ummm, hand to add that Airship Pyrate je ne sais quoi to our camp on Sunday. Show up in your steamy best and hang out in our Airship Pyrate encampment.

Ransom and Chain Shot will be joining us yet again on Aldebaran to fire cannons at all of ye landlubbers during the cannon battle. This is always a pretty exciting - and loud! - battle. I've been told that there will be other boats involved as well; should be interesting!

As always, you're welcome to hang out in the Tales of the Seven Seas encampment and join in our mayhem!

RHJMap.jpg

My Crew and Eye have been looking forward to this event for the last three months..It was auwsome last year between the TO7S and the Pirates of Emerson..no one can top it! So this year rather than being solo..i am Bringing 6 other crew members from the Stranglehold on Saturday.. to add to the mayhem! Yarrrr!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Pyrates, rum, ship battles, guns, pistols, rum, airship pyrates, black powder, rum...yup it's time for NOR CAL again!!!!!

Looking forward to our time on the Aldebaran, and hurling insults to those landlubbers on shore. :lol:

Eyes, can't wait to see your pyrate self again, and all your crewe. Maybe we can invade Pirate Pizza again Saturday night. That was a blast last year.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Eye believe there will be a big after party on Saturday night

However pizza is good to have afore the drinkin... I will be sure to order shark bait and share my festering boil! Yarrr !eagh eagh

Edited by oderlesseye

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Eye believe there will be a big after party on Saturday night

However pizza is good to have afore the drinkin... I will be sure to order shark bait and share my festering boil! Yarrr !eagh eagh

After party? Now, just where would that be, surrah? I likes a good party, I does. <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I heard a rumor that Bilgemonkey be hosting and DJ~ing..

A Rumor of course...Hee hee..

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Bump

Only a week and a half away!!!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrr D.man will be there too, to cause lots of trouble and his first mate Lady Victoria. cant wait to see Eye and the Stranglehold and Bilgemunky.

2421543090_e39e11ec46.jpg

So, Bilgemunkey, how do we find you? Or, do you find us? The Tales camp will be in the same place as we were last year. Oh, and I promise not to interrupt your interviews this year! LOL (Holds crossed fingers behind my back) ;)

See you there, D-Man!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Cap'n Michael of the No Quarter Given crew and the PyRats will be there too. Swing by our No Quarter Given booth and say hello. Bart and Hank are available for whiskery smoochies, especially with the pirate wenches. (If you are unfamiliar with Bart and Hank, you can get to know them here: http://www.myspace.com/nqgrats ).

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

By the way, there are two parties planned after hours - one for Friday and one for Saturday. You'll need a special bracelet to get in after hours. Contact the folks at the NorCal festival if your group will be staying after hours so you can get on the gate list.

RHJMap.jpg

Cap'n Michael of the No Quarter Given crew and the PyRats will be there too. Swing by our No Quarter Given booth and say hello. Bart and Hank are available for whiskery smoochies, especially with the pirate wenches. (If you are unfamiliar with Bart and Hank, you can get to know them here: http://www.myspace.com/nqgrats ).

--Jamaica Rose

Aye! I'll bring Maynard the Monkey over to meet the little PyRats!

Come on by my ship and have some fun with the Flyin' Monkey Cannon! I will of course also be performing several times on the main stage. A couple of my new show (not the Pier 39 show) and a couple of cameos with the Pirate Lords act.

This year old Jack Spareribs and the Pirates of Harbor Bay are playin' host to the Pirates of Sacramento in our encampment. Come by and say arrr and make some new friends!

-Ace

AKA: Capt'n Spareribs

--Jamaica Rose

Aye! I'll bring Maynard the Monkey over to meet the little PyRats!

Come on by my ship and have some fun with the Flyin' Monkey Cannon! I will of course also be performing several times on the main stage. A couple of my new show (not the Pier 39 show) and a couple of cameos with the Pirate Lords act.

This year old Jack Spareribs and the Pirates of Harbor Bay are playin' host to the Pirates of Sacramento in our encampment. Come by and say arrr and make some new friends!

-Ace

AKA: Capt'n Spareribs

Thanks for the invite. Though without me there, Michael will have his hands full (the PyRats help where they can though). So he probably can't get away much to actually enjoy the festival.

I'll miss seeing your show. Hope it all goes well.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

two 'n one quarter day t' go!

I will NOT however be traveling out on Friday, that could bring such bad luck as t' destroy th' entire event! I will however be set'n sail at 3am on th' Saturday morn :lol:

Sorry ye will not be there Jamaica Rose, perhaps we can stop by NQG 'n baby...er, ratsit fer Cap'n Michael a bit so be can catch a show or two :lol:

Capt'n Spareribs; I caught yer show last yarrr, even have a photo posted on MeSpace....Monkey ribs eh? I will be sure t' bring plenty o' BB-Q sauce! :lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I will NOT however be traveling out on Friday, that could bring such bad luck as t' destroy th' entire event! I will however be set'n sail at 3am on th' Saturday morn :lol:

Sorry ye will not be there Jamaica Rose, perhaps we can stop by NQG 'n baby...er, ratsit fer Cap'n Michael a bit so be can catch a show or two :rolleyes:

Capt'n Spareribs; I caught yer show last yarrr, even have a photo posted on MeSpace....Monkey ribs eh? I will be sure t' bring plenty o' BB-Q sauce! :rolleyes:

I really remember VERY little of last year. While working on the final welds on my ship, I had an accident and nearly put my eye out. This was the day of the festival build and I ended up spending (and performing) the whole weekend with a pretty bad concussion. The show must go one ...eh?

So no...the swagger was not acting OR rum induced. hehehe

I am good and prepared this year and plan to show all the scallywags why I got voted Best in the Bay for family fun!!! The pirates helped vote for me...they deserve to experience it!

Let the monkeys FLY! I'm thinking of naming me ship The Flying Monkey (just like the Flying Dutchman...only with monkeys)

Sorry ye will not be there Jamaica Rose, perhaps we can stop by NQG 'n baby...er, ratsit fer Cap'n Michael a bit so be can catch a show or two :rolleyes:

Capt'n Spareribs; I caught yer show last yarrr, even have a photo posted on MeSpace....Monkey ribs eh? I will be sure t' bring plenty o' BB-Q sauce! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah!! Almost forgot! I am so excited!

For Father's Day my wife and daughter finally got the sword I had put on layaway at Ojai!

It was made by Tony Swatton and screen used in Pirates 3!!!

Lovely balance and very light which I need for my bad wrist. Now to get the rest of the crew aluminum blades so we can go at it.

It may not be a Sparrow lookin' sword but it has just become the cutlass Spareribs carries!! :lol:

I'm sure Ransom will have lots to post as well - and lots of great pics. We had a blast - literally - at the NorCal faire.

It started for us on Friday morning. We all sailed up to the festival on the Schooner Aldebaran, the ship featured in the cannon battle. This year, Ransom and Chain Shot joined us for this sail and acquitted themselves well. We got some great wind and got there in pretty good time. Then we had an impromptu dinner aboard and discussed the plans for Saturday's battle. We were all beat so we all went to our respective beds and bunks fairly early.

The next day was spent prepping, going through cannon drills and then it was time for the battle! We fought bravely, sending those British Navy wusses back across the pond where they came from by means of weaponry and taunts. They set the shore battery in a different spot this time and we could really hear the reports as they fired on us! Ransom and Chain Shot were the gun crew for the largest cannon and I spent the day loading small arms. Iron Jack's best friend Phil was aboard, along with his son and his son's friend. We went over particular safety procedures for them and a number of times we remarked how Max was an "old hand" at this, having done this last year. For an eleven year old, that's a Big Deal - the lad was walking tall for the rest of the day. On the shore battery, the Tales crew was joined by none other than Oderless Eye, who I'm sure has plenty of stories of his own to tell.

(Ransom - should I mention about mooning the Brits?...)

And one of our cannon crew on shore got big props from the black powder master about how safe he was. Jack and I have been working with him for some time on this and he's been a very willing student. Not only was he singled out for the compliment, he was also asked to oversee the safety procedures for some of the other groups!

Then we spent the rest of the day at the festival, where I got to meet several old and new friends and folks I hadn't seen in ages. It was wonderful to see everyone! The festival was busy, but not as insanely busy as it had been two years ago - one could actually walk through the crowds. But the vendors I talked to were very happy with the turnout and the brisk business they were doing, which I was extremely glad to hear.

Our stomachs announced that it was time to eat and the Aldebaran crew adjourned to a local watering hole for dinner and then to our various berths and beds again.

The next day wasn't quite as windy as Saturday and we were able to put up more sail. We had fewer people aboard so I asked Ransom if she wouldn't mind also helping to sail the boat as well as working the cannon. She gave the idea two thumbs-up and then it was time to shove off. As on Saturday, we acquitted ourselves well, although the British Navy had an additional weapon up their figurative sleeves: they pelted us with hard tack as we went by. Just wait... we have a special surprise for you gents next year! At the end of the battle, we sailed back to port where some of our crew, including Ransom and Chain Shot, disembarked and after a birthday toast with Ransom's new flask, we bid adieu and sailed off into the sunset. (Okay - we were sailing East, but you get the idea.)

RHJMap.jpg